Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Do Lab / The Dome (apparently it has a rotating stage?) / Special Guests

Default The Do Lab / The Dome (apparently it has a rotating stage?) / Special Guests

I'm making logical based assumptions on a few of these, but at least I'm providing links...

The Dome:

First off, if this twitter message is correct, The Dome will have a rotating stage:

Secondly, it'll be loud and bass heavy according to the PureFilth promoter who says that they'll be using 32 18" bassbin/subwoofers

Friday, Apr 17

Saturday, Apr 18

Sunday, Apr 19

The Do Lab

Friday, Apr 17
    Lucent Dossier Vaudevile Cirque presents
    Kether
    Jupit3r
    Nalepa
    Sub Swara also this tweet
    MiMosa

Saturday, Apr 18
    Juakali
    Jupit3r
    Kristina Sky (I'm just guessing on this one)
    Nalepa
    MiMosa
    Random Rab

Sunday, Apr 19
    Juakali
    Jupit3r
    Nalepa
    BLVD also this tweet
    MiMosa

Here's the lineup for the Belvedere Music Loves Fashion Coachella weekend party at the Riviera resort in Palm Springs. Artists might also play Coachella, but that's far from guaranteed, and probably less likely than you'd think:

Kavinsky, Mehdi, Sebastian, LA Riots, Felix Cartal
    Excel & Gomez Warren IV, Scour, Peter Parker, DJ Yo-C, Yanik Coen, Elsiane, Them Jeans, Royal Rumble, Blake Miller, Chris Holmes, Hyphy Crunk, Dan Oh, DJ Paparazzi, Mr. White, Shark Attack, Keith Wilson, DJ Jasepi, Dirty Dave, Steve(n), Dmndays, Tea-Long, DJ Gina Turner, N Squared, Rossangeles, Gmo, No Msg, Virgin Tears, After Midnight, Y.O.O.K.S, Hi-Deaf, Tony Adams, Darrel Adams, (La Bastinado), and many more...

Guest spots:

Friday, Apr 17:
    Pase Rock for Steve Aoki

Saturday, Apr 18
    Cherine Anderson providing vocals for Michael Franti & Spearhead
    Natalia Clever providing vocals for Thievery Corporation
    LouLou and the Sharp Sword providing vocals for Thievery Corporation
    Depedro guest of Calexico

Sunday, Apr 19
    thecorpral providing vocals for the Orb's live show
    Matthew Herbert guest of Antony and the Johnsons
    Last edited by dorkfish; 04-06-2009 at 11:19 AM.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Default Re: The Do Lab / The Dome (apparently it has a rotating stage?) / Special Guests

What is the status of these posts by Monklish?

Blogger Monklish said...

Bassnectar is playing in the Dome.

March 16, 2009 5:54 PM
    Blogger Monklish said...

Dome. Looks like Above and Beyond is in the Dome, too.

March 16, 2009 8:00 PM
    Last edited by Ardentbiscuit; 03-25-2009 at 08:11 AM.

Default Re: The Do Lab / The Dome (apparently it has a rotating stage?) / Special Guests

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be true that Bassnectar is there. Saw him in Dec. at the El Rey and blew my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    Private board meeting in the executive PAWffice this weekend. I'll have your coffee how you like it, beer instead of coffee.

They should really put a stage in the parking lot and then they would have a place for LMFAO to play.

Also, all those people who post like they are playing on their myspace pages when they just bought a 3 day pass could play there too.

There are a few other acts I'd like to put on the parking lot stage. If only there was one!

LMFAO is a lame version of Chromeo and belong nowhere near coachella

lmfao =]

Banned

HAHA lmfao?!
    i would expect them to be more in the gobi if they play, not the dome?

id rather have the whole blog house crew and ed banger crew in the dome than LMFAO =/

and no bassnectar?
    wtf?
    im ever so pissed >:[
    Last edited by Dr. Lufs-al-ot; 03-25-2009 at 07:10 PM.

Dear god Daedelus better be on the ACTUAL lineup for Coachella 2010. I need to see this guy.
    Chuck Norris has the best poker face of all time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite having in his hand a Joker, a 6 of Clubs, a Get Out of Jail Free Monopoly Card, his drivers license, and a Green Uno Card.

Add to your guest appearances, Matthew Herbert is performing with Antony and the Johnsons.

Also this is just a guess but does anyone else think Rahzel will be joining the Crystal Method on stage? he provides guest vocals on 3 songs from Legion of Boom. Also I know they like to have guest vocalists, based on the fact that Matisyahu joined them for a song at Pemberton and that was just a DJ set...

Perry Farrell could join the Orb, as well, but I have no clue.

I fucking hate LMFAO

I like that nobody finds the prospect of a rotating stage to be neat.

LOL! Sorry, completely forgot about that. But umm .. what exactly do they mean by a rotating stage? Sounds like it may 'cause some vomit ejected onto the pretty Polo Fields.
    Chuck Norris has the best poker face of all time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite having in his hand a Joker, a 6 of Clubs, a Get Out of Jail Free Monopoly Card, his drivers license, and a Green Uno Card.

Cherine Anderson is verry good and rotating stagesouynd cool as long as it dosen = kroq show kinda thingalso lmfao is not good at all yuck

probably won't be a KROQ show. the KROQ tent will probably be a KROQ show.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    probably won't be a KROQ show. the KROQ tent will probably be a KROQ show.
    oops my bad

how is it neat? so there's no set-up time between Dome acts...

big whup, there isn't set-up time between DJ acts anyway...

uh, rotating stage doesn't mean the stage is going to rotate/move. It means that there will be different hosts rotating on the stage all weekend and that they will have the acts they booked playing there.

I want to see The Do Lab Gravitron with Bassnectar in the middle and everyone's wall spots all the way up with everyone stuck firmly to the wall getting their faces melted back.

haha that shit is hilarious

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

FUCKING GRAVITRON

oh man, I was in one of those when the power cut out and the emergency brake came on. everyone dropped off the wall like bugs

The gravitron made me barf up my corndog
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    uh, rotating stage doesn't mean the stage is going to rotate/move. It means that there will be different hosts rotating on the stage all weekend and that they will have the acts they booked playing there.
    not necessarily. ive been to a few venues that have a stage that actually rotates and spins around and its fucking sick as hell!!! based on the twitter post (and who knows how accurate that truly is) it implies a stage that spins. either way that sounds sick

im especially looking forward to entering back into the festival grounds to do some more dancing after they clear it out saturday. that sounds totally badass!!!!!

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

yeah, I would read rotating stage as... rotating stage.
    and rotating lineup as... rotating lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by EVillSD View Post
    I want to see The Do Lab Gravitron with Bassnectar in the middle and everyone's wall spots all the way up with everyone stuck firmly to the wall getting their faces melted back.
    YES.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stefachink View Post
    LOL! Sorry, completely forgot about that. But umm .. what exactly do they mean by a rotating stage? Sounds like it may 'cause some vomit ejected onto the pretty Polo Fields.
    lol no that'll be TRV$DJ-AM making that happen

dude, people hate on Travis vs. DJ-AM, but okay besides Travis playing live drums along to DJ-AM's mashups, how is it any different from Girl Talk's mashups, whom everyone dotes over?

a rotating stage for dj's is just about the stupidest idea ever.

i take that back.

LMFAO is the stupidest idea ever.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvwes View Post
    dude, people hate on Travis vs. DJ-AM, but okay besides Travis playing live drums along to DJ-AM's mashups, how is it any different from Girl Talk's mashups, whom everyone dotes over?
    Girl Talk is awful as well