Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TOOL Summer Tour

Default Re: TOOL Summer Tour

Will Bill Graham be open by then?

Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Why has no one brought up the fact that we might have a chance of hearing brand new material on this tour since they're working on the next album?

And Nirvana isn't even in the same class as Tool. Sillybears.
    I'll go ya one better on it- I truly only care about the new material. I saw the last tour 12 times. And more than a few times I walked outside after an amazing performance only to hear fans whine that they didn't do Jimmy or The Grudge. Look, I am a fan of Tool, first and foremost. And I have seen most of their old songs performed at least once. I want to hear new stuff! And if I had to choose between them (which I don't) I mainly want to hear whatever they have going on in their heads today!

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

I must see a show on this tour, have to.

Just... no Wings for Marie medley and I will be happy. Most boring shit ever. So boring that it's one of the only things I remember from seeing them at Cox Arena in 07. Good thing the other things I remember ("Forty-Six and Two" for example) fucking ruled.

I'd love to see them in a venue that didn't have god-awful shit sound, too. I take it that's why there's a clamor for a show at Bill Graham Auditorium.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Will Bill Graham be open by then?
    Yeah. Kings of Leon are playing there in May.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Just... no Wings for Marie medley and I will be happy. Most boring shit ever. So boring that it's one of the only things I remember from seeing them at Cox Arena in 07. Good thing the other things I remember ("Forty-Six and Two" for example) fucking ruled.

I'd love to see them in a venue that didn't have god-awful shit sound, too. I take it that's why there's a clamor for a show at Bill Graham Auditorium.
    We're gonna have to part ways there dude. I am sure we could meet, have a beer, and get along like old friends. But Wings 1&2 were spectacular live and the fact that a 'metal' band like Tool would even attempt something like Wings when tons of their fans are straight up meatheads demanding 'H' and 'Hooker With a Penis' was an incredible thing. Plus, it's truly a beatiful piece when given half a chance. The problem is that people didn't want a song like that from Tool. They said 'Fuck it' and did it anyway. Great band and a great song.

Wings 1&2 = EPIC!

Chills every time.
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Wings at BG was sooooo sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Wings 1&2 = EPIC!

Chills every time.
    You and me Dylanja... we are on the same wave! I'll keep ya posted on the news for this tour. You hear anything do likewise for me. Things just got real interesting for this summer...

You finished whining, fro?

I need to go to sleep. I've been listening to Tool non-stop since I saw this thread.

I still can't believe it, just when you think you have them pinned for their 5 year hiatus, BAM!

Sounds good Sonnyboy, meet ups for sure!

Back to back at The Pearl one more time?!?!?!

Bill Graham should have a new sound system, too, after it reopens. So, while a total crapshoot, the sound should be really good, in theory.

They came to Vancouver in 06, but skipped us on their 07 tour. I hope they play Vancouver this time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

You are an idiot. You have the balls to call the song Maynard wrote about his dying mother "the most boring shit ever". You didn't deserve to hear it and are too stupid to appreciate a fucking rare view into his heart. Can you not hear the love and pain in that song? Fuck is wrong with you?

Are you saying Bill Graham has good sound or are you being sarcastic? I've actually been there and I thought it was one of the worst venues for sound I've ever been to. I'm usually not sensitive to sound quality but that and the Henry Fonda in LA really bug me. It may have just been the band though. And it was a cool venue otherwise, perfect size.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeYouAuntie View Post
    You are an idiot. You have the balls to call the song Maynard wrote about his dying mother "the most boring shit ever". You didn't deserve to hear it and are too stupid to appreciate a fucking rare view into his heart. Can you not hear the love and pain in that song? Fuck is wrong with you?
    Seriously. When they debuted wings in LA, Maynard was all choked up and could barely sing. Then he left and came back for the end.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    Are you saying Bill Graham has good sound or are you being sarcastic? I've actually been there and I thought it was one of the worst venues for sound I've ever been to. I'm usually not sensitive to sound quality but that and the Henry Fonda in LA really bug me. It may have just been the band though. And it was a cool venue otherwise, perfect size.
    Flapjacks, stay the fuck outta here!

They're rebuiling the Bill Graham starting next week. So it should be all new sound system, and I believe that they're knocking down the smaller rooms to widen the room/stage up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Flapjacks, stay the fuck outta here!
    haha
    You don't fuck around when it comes to Tool.

Quote Originally Posted by mattpach View Post
    haha
    You don't fuck around when it comes to Tool.
    lol

HEY NOW. I am excited to see Tool this summer. No parade-raining is being done here. Menik gave me the chance to finally relate with someone about my live Tool-gripes and I took advantage of that oppurtunity. And now I can move on to my... serious excitement!

Just watch that Triad vid and tell me if you can see anybody playing...

It's about the music, not being a rockstar.

I completely agree man... myself, I've seen Tool live, and I found it extremely boring. The four of them just stood on stage in silhouette, you couldn't even see them play their instruments. I thought I was the only one that found them this boring so I'm glad to see I'm not entirely alone. I don't think Radiohead is exactly the most exciting live band either, though their mixing up of the setlists can be fun. To each his own of course.
    Tool doesn't really want you to focus on them too much. The guys on stage are there for the music. They want you to focus on the the visuals and the sound of the music instead of just them. The actual people aren't the entire show. The entire show is them, the music, the lights, etc. So they kind of blend in on purpose.

But you have to at least understand how someone who wouldn't like the music in the first place would be a bit a bored-out-of-their-mind at their shows. I can definitely understand this for the majority of my own favorite live bands. And I think Tool fall in this category.

Like I said, I didn't like their music at the time. But things have changed... I have seen the light...

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

They look so good live too, I really need to see them.

But you have to at least understand how someone who wouldn't like the music in the first place would be a bit a bored-out-of-their-mind at their shows. I can definitely understand this for the majority of my own favorite live bands. And I think Tool fall in this category.

Like I said, I didn't like their music at the time. But things have changed... I have seen the light...
    I'm glad. I usually just ask people to watch one of my concert dvds and judge for themselves. In fact this thread makes me want to do just that...

i got a chance to see tool twice in japan...easily in my top five greatest live acts and i'd LOVE to catch them again.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Tool doesn't really want you to focus on them too much. The guys on stage are there for the music. They want you to focus on the the visuals and the sound of the music instead of just them. The actual people aren't the entire show. The entire show is them, the music, the lights, etc. So they kind of blend in on purpose.
    Well I'm just not a "visuals" person. So I guess that's a bad start. And I guess the thing is, I can appreciate tight musicianship, but only when I can watch the musicians closely as they perform it. I'm a musician so I like to see other musicians who are way better than me do what they're good at, ya know? I like to see their fingers moving up and down the fretboard.

And I'm also a sucker for crazy onstage energy. This is not a trait of mine that I'm very proud of. I was just born this way...