Page 76 of 86 FirstFirst ... 7172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 2579

Thread: The Travel Thread

Default Re: The Travel Thread

I used to be a fan of these, especially when backpacking:

But anymore, (for many of the reasons Drinky mentioned) rolling garment bags are my favorate carryons, especially when keeping things wrinkle free.

(except I don't fold my dress shirt like that, but instead leave them on the hangers and inside the dry-cleaning bags)'

Why is a seat so important?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

There is also this that I think is really cool (speaking of garmet bags).

http://www.skyroll.com/

It's a rollerboard with a garmet bag that rolls around it.

They have a new one coming out that also has a laptop case in it.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 08-06-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I gather that she probably spends a lot of time waiting around in airports so it's nice to be able to just plop down and have a sit.
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    There is also this that I think is really cool (speaking of garmet bags).

http://www.skyroll.com/

You can either buy the simple garmet bag roll, or you can buy a rollerboard that the garmet bag actually rolls around.So you actually have two pieces of luggage that attach.
    This is awesome
    last.fm

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Garmet?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

yeah once would be a typo.. but twice?

Garment.

Fuckers.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Thrice, even.

Someone call Supre.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I gather that she probably spends a lot of time waiting around in airports so it's nice to be able to just plop down and have a sit.
    That and I like things with dual functions.

Apparently I have another word that I can't spell no matter what. Garment and diarrhea.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 08-06-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    IBut anymore, (for many of the reasons Drinky mentioned) rolling garment bags are my favorate carryons, especially when keeping things wrinkle free.

(except I don't fold my dress shirt like that, but instead leave them on the hangers and inside the dry-cleaning bags)'

Why is a seat so important?

^Not bad. I'll admit, I clip a few feet from time to time wheeling a width-wise garment bag through airports.
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Going to a wedding in Tulum, Mexico next May, so we decided to make a trip out of it and also hit up Cuba and Belize while down there. Just booked our airfare there and back...can't wait! Any suggestions on fun stuff to do down there are always appreciated. I assume we will be doing a fair amount of diving.
    Last edited by Sexecutioner; 08-06-2013 at 01:11 PM.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

The temples at Tulum are awesome, but if you're able to get away for a day while you're there, get a cab and head out to Coba. Those temples are much more remote, as of 2009 you could still climb them and it's awesome to see the jungle growing through these old buildings.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

If you like to dive there is an underwater art display in Playa Del Carmen/Cancun that has a series of sculptures at the bottom of the ocean. It's supposed to be pretty cool. Www.scubacancun.com does tours.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

The temples at Tulum are awesome, but if you're able to get away for a day while you're there, get a cab and head out to Coba. Those temples are much more remote, as of 2009 you could still climb them and it's awesome to see the jungle growing through these old buildings.
    If I can find the pics, I have some from there. It was sort of easy to climb to the top but telll ya what, it was scary for me coming down. Sort of like climbing a tree I suppose. cr****

Make that Tulum I was referring to ....
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Oh, and my friend was flashed by a "non-homeless looking" man at the 19th street Oakland BART on Friday evening, but any dummy on public transport should know that when a strange man loitering in a station asks if they can show you something CHANCES ARE HIGH THAT IT'S THEIR PENIS.
    oakland it is then. thanks for the lowdown, cara
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

If I can find the pics, I have some from there. It was sort of easy to climb to the top but telll ya what, it was scary for me coming down. Sort of like climbing a tree I suppose. cr****

Make that Tulum I was referring to ....
    You can't climb Tulum anymore. Coba is much taller and older than anything at Tulum, and the steps were smaller. At the top were two german chicks getting stoned out of their minds, and I couldn't imagine how terrifying their descent was.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Associated Press
    Wed Aug 7, 2013 9:01 AM
    JAKARTA, Indonesia — A Lion Air jet carrying 117 people hit a cow while landing and skidded off a runway in eastern Indonesia, an official said Wednesday. No injuries were reported, but the incident forced the cancellation of flights, stranding hundreds of passengers traveling for the Eid holiday.

The incident occurred Tuesday night as the Boeing 737-800 plane was landing at Jalaluddin airport in Gorontalo on Sulawesi island with 110 passengers and seven crew, Transportation Ministry spokesman Bambang Ervan said. He said three cows were on the runway, and the plane hit at least one of them and careened off the runway before coming to a stop.

The incident is under investigation.

An airport official said several flights were cancelled and planes resumed landing on Wednesday.

In April, a Lion Air plane belly-flopped into the ocean just short of the runway off the resort island of Bali. All 108 people aboard survived.

Cows on the runway. Awesome.

I wonder if "no injuries were reported" includes the cow.

Back to carry on bags for a minute--I found this one. We're probably going to end up buying one--if only because there's a dirty clothes chute in it. We both have issues with our dirty clothes touching our clean ones (Rick moreso than me). Plus, it's got a 22 inches tall (most seem to be 21 for some reason) and expands out 2 inches. AND it has a packing list in it. I love lists.

http://www.geniuspack.com/collection...ts/22-carry-on

Last edited by captncrzy; 08-08-2013 at 09:25 AM.

I always pack a trash bag to throw dirty laundry into for trips that I am going to have concerns about cleanliness (if I'm going to be walking a ton, music fest, etc).

But hey, if you're into compartments and gadgets, that's okay too.
    last.fm

Back to carry on bags for a minute--I found this one. We're probably going to end up buying one--if only because there's a dirty clothes chute in it. We both have issues with our dirty clothes touching our clean ones (Rick moreso than me).
    You could always use a grocery bag or something similar.

Or ask the hotel for a bag.

EDIT: Drinkey beat me to it.

That's pretty cool. Dedicating 2+ inches to the wheel base is an interesting use of space.

You should check out the Amazon reviews.

I always pack a trash bag to throw dirty laundry into for trips that I am going to have concerns about cleanliness
    ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Dedicating 2+ inches to the wheel base is an interesting use of space.
    What it does is allow them to advertise what is really a 20" bag as a 22" bag.

those reviews are pretty brutal.

I have been using my Tumi rollerboard with hanging bag compartment for I don't know how many years. I can't even imagine how one might improve on it.

Oh, shit. I didn't read any amazon reviews. I was too excited about the air chute that I wasn't looking at the wheel base.

We do bring bags with us but they take up space when the bags are full. I have some of those plastic compressor bags and I was going to use one as a dirty clothes bag this time.... I liked that this one had a built in compressor.

Tumi bags are way out of my price range.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 08-08-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Tumi bags are way out of my price range.
    Buying one bag that lasts 10+ years is cheaper than buying a bag every other year.

I just burn any dirty clothes. The ashes take up very little space and reconstitution is quick and easy when I get home.