Page 72 of 86 FirstFirst ... 6768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 2553

Thread: The Travel Thread

Default Re: The Travel Thread

I have 48 hrs in Chicago before I head to Austin for SXSW. What is essential? GO!
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

virtually nothing in chicago is essential*. It is a good city to get drunk in though.

* - ok the architecture is pretty cool, yes, I will agree to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

artistic photos with the bean? chicago has some great museums too.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

Go on one of those Architectural River tours. We did it late afternoon, so you could see the buildings in daylight, but by the time you get back to the dock, the sun is setting and the city lights are coming up. Beautiful. We loved it.

Have a drink in the Signature Lounge of the Hancock Tower (don't pay for the elevator to the observation deck - a drink in the lounge costs the same, and you might as well have the alcohol). Same extraordinary views. Have your wife go into the women's restroom; there is a bank of windows(!) with more amazing views. The guys don't have windows, hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Isn't it de rigueur while in Chicago to go find one of those places that serves a giant cake with cheese, sauce and meat on it? (aka deep dish pizza)
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by Azzah1977 View Post
    Oh thanks guys! Lots of information here! I definitely think I'm going to check out the andalucia side of Spain and will hit up Ronda if I can! Once I get rough draft will come back here for more info! Thanks!
    Barcelona is a must. Guadi will change the way you look at the world. Watch out for pickpockets.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Just turned in my application. I'll be studying abroad in Utrecht, The Netherlands beginning next August. Already planning on attending Primavera and hopefully Bestival or ATP. Would love to do Roskilde but I'm not sure if it'll work out or not. LPM me if you're looking for a buddy to see some shows/fests with because I should have lots of free time! Any other venues, music festivals, or music scenes in certain cities that I shouldn't miss? (Already planning on London for a show/festival and Berlin for the infamous electronic scene.)

Quote Originally Posted by Azzah1977 View Post
    Going to Spain and Morocco 3 days after Coachella. So excited!!! If anyone has any advice on either place I would totally appreciate it!
    The blue city below. Low cost lodging, amazing meals, abundance of hashish if you into that sort of thang. And spain stinks.

My favorite city in Spain....Bilbao. The Guggenheim.

Train trip to Guernica. Train travel cheap, easy, very fun.

Spent Thanksgiving there this past year.

I bought espadrilles and berets for all my friends.
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    Barcelona is a must. Guadi will change the way you look at the world. Watch out for pickpockets.
    Watch for the pickpockets while you eat outside on La Ramblas is more like it. I saw some dude get jacked right before his own eyes. Some idiot had the bright idea of putting his wallet ON THE TABLE at the place he was eating at. So one of those magician/comedian type dudes goes up to the table. And he puts this picture IN FRONT of the wallet. He does his whole little bit, and people laugh and everything. So hetgot a couple of euros for it. After he left, the wallet was gone. Dude didnt realize til a few mins after it happened, and then tried to run after him but to no avail.

Washington D.C. this weekend! it's my first time there and I'm really excited

it dawned on me that it's super bowl sunday this weekend and that Baltimore is playing. I'm hoping that the museums are going to be empty so that I can squeeze as many in as possible.

• 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Finally got my visa mailed to me. I leave Sunday night for Brazil so will catch the game at the airport bar.

I've always stayed at hotels but trying my first ever hostel in Ipanema. Voted world's sexiest beach so I have to see for myself. Then find a costume for the Carnival parties.

wow, that place looks neat!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Flying to London in the morning. I'll be gone a week. Wish me luck!
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

I saw it snow for the first time ever yesterday. Up until then, I just thought people woke up one morning and snow was already on the ground. all together now... WHO CARES BETH?!

DC is pretty great. yesterday I only went inside the archives and the rest of the day was just walking around the mall and the basin being an architecture slut. today I'm going to check out the American History Museum, the Natural History Museum and 1 or 2 others. then Tomorrow I'm back to Philly again for a quick overnight visit before flying back home.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Anyone done Mauritius island? Looks pretty interesting and there are waves (the local "white shorts" surf clan are notorious cocks though). Sister just got a job with Emirates Airlines, so I get 90% off tickets twice a year.

I am going to Phoenix the first weekend of March to visit a girlfriend from college. If anyone wants to meet up for a drink or ten let me know!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    Anyone done Mauritius island? Looks pretty interesting and there are waves (the local "white shorts" surf clan are notorious cocks though). Sister just got a job with Emirates Airlines, so I get 90% off tickets twice a year.

I found Mauritius to be underwhelming. The beaches and resorts are beautiful but there isn't a great deal to do and the food was pretty terrible due to the lack of primary production on the island ( turkey bacon !?! ) . I have been told that we stayed on the wrong part of the island ( North ) I can see the appeal for honeymooners but if you like to get out and about then it isn't that special. Not sure about the surf though.

My opinion may be bias due to the fact that it just seemed like a fucking long way to fly for stuff I can find a lot closer to home.

cheers for the feedback. And I'm agreeing with this "fucking long way to fly for stuff I can find a lot closer to home" with Hawaii or Cabo ($200 or less RT with Spirit Airlines FYI) in range. Going to sort something else out.

I will be in Paris for several days in July, including Bastille Day. What are some of the things to do/avoid in Paris on that day? I am definitely not going to wait in line for the free admission to the Louvre, but I welcome other suggestions.

Not sure about Bastille day, but every trip I do to Paris includes a visit here.

http://www.chezpaul.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Nice! I had planned out several meals, but I'll add that to my list.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Not sure about Bastille day, but every trip I do to Paris includes a visit here.

http://www.chezpaul.com/
    confit de canard.. tete de veau.. boudin noir.. yes this is the good shit right there.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I leave Saturday for an all expenses paid trip to the Grand Cayman Island. Staying on the seven mile beach. Yes, I am cool.

You have 20 days to spend in France and a neighboring country or two in September/October. Moderate budget and likely to have a car to drive around. Aside from eating and drinking everything in sight, what would you do?
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

Anyone been to Singapore?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Already being here is way over rated.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    Anyone been to Singapore?
    Yes I've been a couple times. Good food, but on the whole I'd say it's kind of boring. Picture Houston, but replace all the rednecks and African-Americans with chinese businessmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    Already being here is way over rated.

This picture just made me really excited all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Nice to see Palm Springs firing on all cylinders again this past weekend. Was a bit worried a couple years ago about the store closings and general lack of people on the streets, but it seems to be on the comeback trail. Only downside about increased popularity is the room rates ($200 for Caliente Tropics WTF? Gave the receptionist a twenty spot and she got my room ready by noon and upgraded to a suite. $20 goes a long way.).

Took a marijuana capsule poolside that I didn’t feel any effects of one hour into it, so took another and boy did they eventually kick in big time. Ended up that evening at this bizarro restaurant called King’s Highway in the ACE hotel complex. Tasty veggie food, 16oz cans of Red Stripe, and a blend of ‘50s and modern diner dιcor. Fashionista extraordinaires sashaying and parading through including an older jet blond haired, sci-fi eye makeup man/woman with gorgeous sixteen year old Parisian models in tow as the diner floor doubled as a catwalk. And great music, that of course you’d never heard of before, blasting as well.

One of the very best cities.

P.S. there is a new three story tall Marilyn statue on the main drag if you want to look up her dress. “Is this the line to take pictures?” a retarded lady said aloud to no one in particular. She was actually retarded, so it made it okay.

P.S.S. Bought a PS tank top, the preferred article of clothing there when clothing is required, and a dead scorpion embedded lollipop.