Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEFTONES

Lurker

Default DEFTONES

would anyone else love to see the deftones play something like coachella? I think they deserve to play something respectable like coachella, but they usually tour with some lame bands.

Default Re: DEFTONES

I second. Great band, awesome live.

vinylmartyr

doubtful

How is this a rumor?

I was thinking about this just last night. I would love to see Deftones at Coachella. Or even Chino's Team Sleep. Either would be great. I think the Deftones would have gotten people way more psyched about the Saturday headliner than Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Team Sleep would be awesome, Deftones aren't really a Coachella band though. Plus they tour constantly.

the deftones are the only band from high school that i still listen to and they are still one of my favs but everytime ive seen them live they SUCKED!

Quote Originally Posted by mburbey View Post
    I was thinking about this just last night. I would love to see Deftones at Coachella. Or even Chino's Team Sleep. Either would be great. I think the Deftones would have gotten people way more psyched about the Saturday headliner than Red Hot Chili Peppers.
    are you high? RHCP has sold 100 times as many albums as the deftones.
    The deftones are one of my all-time favorite bands, but they'll never be popular enough to headline an event like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mburbey View Post
    Give us a lot of reasons why people would pick the Deftones over RHCP? I think if that was the choice people would stick with RHCP just because.. And I do like the Deftones a lot but if they were even going to be at coachella, that time has passed. Coachella 2001 wouldve been their only chance because White Pony was such an awesome record and they had a strong following at that point so it wouldve been a good draw..

I agree, they are an awesome band. I've seen them live twice and I was not impressed at all for both shows.

vinylmartyr

I saw them in 1996 and they pretty much ruled face.

saw em right after 9/11. ozzy had to cancel because of it and deftones filled in. first i was pissed ozzy missed, then i was happy he did. would love to see deftones again.

Saw Team Sleep perform at Coachella 2005 at the URB Magazine Coachella Afterparty. Was pretty awesome....
    You ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?

glamourdamaged.etsy.com

i saw them at the Taste of Chaos tour headlining, they kicked ass at that show!

Deftones are a band that I tihnk most people wouldn't concider a Coachella band, but I'd beg to differ. Chino Moreno's lyrics can be just as Dada as people like Animal Collective and their past three albums have been rich with subtle complexities. 'tones at coachella is no weirder or "innapropriate" as NIN or Fantomas. I'd love to see Deftones in the Desert, and like many others, I'd be up for Team Sleep too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    the deftones are the only band from high school that i still listen to and they are still one of my favs but everytime ive seen them live they SUCKED!
    They're very inconsistant live. The quality of their show is a direct result of how many drugs and how much alcohol they intake before a show lol. I've seen em twice; first time was just ohkay and the second time was incredible.

Read my above post. And Team Sleep would be a better fit, maybe next year...

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Give us a lot of reasons why people would pick the Deftones over RHCP? I think if that was the choice people would stick with RHCP just because.. And I do like the Deftones a lot but if they were even going to be at coachella, that time has passed. Coachella 2001 wouldve been their only chance because White Pony was such an awesome record and they had a strong following at that point so it wouldve been a good draw..
    Concur. While I personally like Deftones much more than RHCP, they're not anywhere near their leauge of popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Damaged View Post
    Saw Team Sleep perform at Coachella 2005 at the URB Magazine Coachella Afterparty. Was pretty awesome....
    They preformed?? I'm pretty sure they just were there to sign autographs. I guess I could be wrong, but unless you saw them and are 100% they played, I'm pretty sure they didn't. If they did I'm going to kick myself in the ass because I missed them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    I disagree..ive seen deftones 3 times and everytime they blow my mind...ive seen them in a small venue in nottingham england and a huge fest in vancouver canada and they sounded spot on...would much rather see deftones a 4th time than the overated Chili Peppers, unless they were strickly gonna play Mothers Milk and BSSM...all there new stuff is too commercial for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihateoprah View Post
    ...all there new stuff is too commercial for me...
    Why do you think they won 4 grammys over the weekend?

Team Sleep would fit Coachella better, but the Deftones are awesome.

check out the name

<------

i've seen deftones more times than i can count and ive seen team sleep about 5 or 6 times (including their show at the urb afterparty during coachella 05).

i have always thought it would be nice for them to play coachella, but its a situation that could easily go one way or another. they always play tons of european festivals; although, the lineups usually consist of metal acts. however, their style does fit with the coachella vibe. i doubt it will ever happen, though, as it seems that their careers are winding down. poor marketing and label support have really stinted any more growth from the band.

plus, as everyone notes, their live shows are hit or miss. i've seen some shitfests and i've seen some of the best concerts in my life. over the past few years they have been relying heavily on adrenaline songs for their setlists, which is a real shame. the majority of their fans are meatheads who do not appreciate the subtleties of deftones' music, so they usually just play their older, heavier stuff.

I also realized. If Coachella can take Thrice, they definitely can take Deftones.

Quote Originally Posted by |\| | |/| View Post
    They preformed?? I'm pretty sure they just were there to sign autographs. I guess I could be wrong, but unless you saw them and are 100% they played, I'm pretty sure they didn't. If they did I'm going to kick myself in the ass because I missed them!!
    Yes they performed. I was on their guest list to get into the URB afterparty. I watched them perfom upclose and personal. Something Ill never forget. I have plenty of pictures and some short videos of their performance...
    Last edited by Glamour Damaged; 02-16-2007 at 08:15 AM.
    You ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?

glamourdamaged.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Damaged View Post
    Yes they performed. I was on their guest list to get into the URB afterparty. I watched them perfom upclose and personal. Something Ill never forget. I have plenty of pictures and some short videos of their performance...
    Wow that's really cool. I missed out, fahk!!

i adore this band, but they are not so great live.

Team Sleep should play earlier in the day and Deftones should headline

I got kicked out of the deftones concert in ventura. that sucked!

every time i see the deftones they slay. i dont know what these kids are talking about who said theyve sucked. ive seen em 4 times and ive yet to be let down. team sleep was ok, i saw em here in seattle, nothign special. but the deftones (someday) will be a great band to have on the line up