Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Googe?

Default Googe?

This is what Google looks like today:

Um... the G is nice... but why is there no L? I guess someone fucked up.
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

Default Re: Googe?

hahahha

yahoo has a man and a woman under an umbrella. It's raining aortic pumps.

I guess the chocolate sauce is meant to be the G and the stalk of the strawberry is meant to be the L, but it still looks like it says GOOGE to me.
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

i think they just forgot it. they would have put a rose or something as the L.

Strange. The Yahoo thing is cool, though. So tell me, Hannahrain, how are you celebrating this momentous day? Do you have a special someone in your life?

i will be celebrating this momentous day by not going to class. more of a coincidence actually, but i'll take it. no special someone at the moment, though.

what about you? what makes valentine's day different for you from, say, march 11th? or october 3rd?

Well, Hannahrain, the main difference between today and, say, March 11th or October 3rd is that, today, if I want to go out to eat, I will probably struggle to find anywhere that is not fully booked by odious couples, and will most likely end up somewhere a bit grotty and paying 50% over the odds because there's a depressed looking rose in a hideous vase sitting on the table.

Nevertheless, I am going to a restaurant tonight. Clearly a sucker for punishment.

Also, I just solved the 'Googe' mystery:

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 14 February 2007 11:413
    To: Laura Ainsworth [mailto:lainsworth@google.com]
    Subject: Google banner on Valentine's day

Dear Laura,

Hello there. I understand you are the Corporate Communications Co-ordinator for Google. Well, I have a question and I was hoping you could answer it for me. I am a frequent Google user, and I just clicked on to the site and noticed that your banner today (Valentine's day) is an image of a chocolate-covered strawberry.

Well, to me, it looks like it says Googe, not Google. I was a bit confused, so I showed it to some of my friends and colleagues, and they agreed with me. So I was wondering, was the stalk on the strawberry meant to be an L, or did somebody just forget it altogether? It's not very clear. I would really appreciate your feedback.

Best regards,

Stefan

Sent: 14 February 2007 12:11
    To: Walters, Stefan
    Subject: Re: Google banner on Valentine's day

You are right, the green stalk is indeed the 'L'.

This is a new and edgy design and i think it looks fab - i hope you agree

L

So there you go.

Valentines day is wonderful for couples who only like to be romantic once a year.

i don't know about "edgy". "unclear" maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefinitely Maybe View Post

Sent: 14 February 2007 11:413
    To: Laura Ainsworth [mailto:lainsworth@google.com]
    Subject: Google banner on Valentine's day

Dear Laura,

Hello there. I understand you are the Corporate Communications Co-ordinator for Google. Well, I have a question and I was hoping you could answer it for me. I am a frequent Google user, and I just clicked on to the site and noticed that your banner today (Valentine's day) is an image of a chocolate-covered strawberry.

Well, to me, it looks like it says Googe, not Google. I was a bit confused, so I showed it to some of my friends and colleagues, and they agreed with me. So I was wondering, was the stalk on the strawberry meant to be an L, or did somebody just forget it altogether? It's not very clear. I would really appreciate your feedback.

Best regards,

Stefan

Sent: 14 February 2007 12:11
    To: Walters, Stefan
    Subject: Re: Google banner on Valentine's day

You are right, the green stalk is indeed the 'L'.

This is a new and edgy design and i think it looks fab - i hope you agree

L

this looks like something out of the Lazlo Letters.

Well I was tempted to write this instead:

Dear Google,

Your banner on valentines day wasn't all that clear. Was the stalk meant to be an L on the Strawberry? Fucking hell, you idiots, you're shit at this whole search-engine-with-a-personality thing. Fuck you. Fuck your search engine. Fuck your billions of dollars. Fuck the whole thing. This is the last thing I will do with this computer, I'm smashing it into a million pieces, all because of your fucking strawberry. It's not a very clear strawberry, Google, you fucking idiots.

Love,
    Stef

But it seemed a little harsh.

Stef your life is full of cool stuff you don't follow thru with
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

vinylmartyr

yeah

Dear Google,

Your banner on valentines day wasn't all that clear. Was the stalk meant to be an L on the Strawberry? Fucking hell, you idiots, you're shit at this whole search-engine-with-a-personality thing. Fuck you. Fuck your search engine. Fuck your billions of dollars. Fuck the whole thing. This is the last thing I will do with this computer, I'm smashing it into a million pieces, all because of your fucking strawberry. It's not a very clear strawberry, Google, you fucking idiots.

copied/pasted/sent.

if anything comes back i promise to post it.

Hannahrain

Poor Laura Ainsworth.

i knew a girl who went to school with a girl who used to babysit for laura ainsworth's old roommate's sister's squash partner who said laura's a bitch, anyway.

Today, we all write a letter to Google. Make it your own, give it YOUR personality. He/She who gets the best response receives a Sweetheart candy with the message of your choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

i'm not sure how well mine would be recieved, after the copy-paste i just did.

Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 8:47 AM
    To: 'lainsworth@google.com'
    Subject: Googe?

Dear Laura,

I am somewhat shocked to see that your company has changed its name to Googe. To me, that signifies something grotesque, slimey, and slow-moving not generally traits I had come to associate with Google. Was anyone notified of the name change? Dont you have shareholders now who will be disappointed that they had no say in this? Did you think of the long-term implications of this move? Google has become a verb for many people. Are we to expect hearing people say, Im going to googe him tonight when I get home?

My only hope at this point is that it is a graphical mistake and you will insert an l into the image. I would almost certainly prefer to Yahoo! someone than googe them. Please reconsider.

Thanks,
    Greg
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

I’m going to googe him tonight when I get home
    it's too easy...

that's what she said.

vinylmartyr

lainsworth@google.com
    WTF Googe?

Dear Laura,

What's up with this "Googe" bull shitty?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 8:47 AM
    To: 'lainsworth@google.com'
    Subject: Googe?

Dear Laura,

I am somewhat shocked to see that your company has changed its name to Googe. To me, that signifies something grotesque, slimey, and slow-moving not generally traits I had come to associate with Google. Was anyone notified of the name change? Dont you have shareholders now who will be disappointed that they had no say in this? Did you think of the long-term implications of this move? Google has become a verb for many people. Are we to expect hearing people say, Im going to googe him tonight when I get home?

My only hope at this point is that it is a graphical mistake and you will insert an l into the image. I would almost certainly prefer to Yahoo! someone than googe them. Please reconsider.

Thanks,
    Greg

HAHA, i like that one.

I feel I should warn you all that Laura Ainsworth is in fact an employee of google.co.uk , based here in London, and will probably be leaving the office within the next hour or so to go and spend the evening dipping strawberries into chocolate with her significant other, or perhaps by herself, who knows. So you may want to check google.com and find out who Laura Ainsworth's US counterpart is before you continue this Googlebombing.

dang

re-mailing.

I feel I should warn you all that Laura Ainsworth is in fact an employee of google.co.uk , based here in London, and will probably be leaving the office within the next hour or so to go and spend the evening dipping strawberries into chocolate with her significant other, or perhaps by herself, who knows. So you may want to check google.com and find out who Laura Ainsworth's US counterpart is before you continue this Googlebombing.
    Where did you find her address? Is she british? I didn't think you brits said stupid things like "fab." I thought that was retardAmerican English.

Yes, she is British. I found her address on the right of this page, which is accessible by clicking "About Us" on the main google.co.uk site.

My eyes must be getting tired - the first time i read this message i saw "dipping strawberries into chocolate with her significant other, or perhaps into herself, who knows."

Long day at work, or dirty mind - you decide.

so you guys are e-mailing some teabag that isn't even at work anymore !?!?