Thread: ID for beer garden

Question ID for beer garden

what kind of IDs to get the wristbands?

last year they needed 2 different IDs. i had only my JP passport with me at that time, to prove i'm well over 21. i don't live in the US (travelled over just for Coachella), i don't have California drivers licence or US goverment issued IDs....carrying passport around wasn't that comfortable but i had no other ID written in English so no choice. as there're many "foreigners" at the ID check stand and it was early time on the 1st day, we somehow got ours. but the staff insisted we needed another picture ID even in other languages they can't read...

i've heard California is very strict for alcohol sales...do they need double IDs this year too??

Default Re: ID for beer garden

I've never heard of them asking for 2 IDs -- there are many foreigners at Coachella who do not have any US gov't issued ID. Japanese passports have english translations for each field, right? (meaning, it says "Date of birth" in english). You probably just ran into someone stupid.

If they give you more trouble this year just look around for a Heineken wrist band and slap it on your wrist with a piece of gum.
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    scoop the eucalyptus infused shit out of a koala's ass and chow down you crocodile dundee special edition blu-ray owning, fosters keg hoarding, didgeridoo fellating, outback steakhouse gift card carrying dingo-dicked puddle of kangaroo piss.

go listen to wolfmother...

I use my passport. Never been asked for 2 forms of ID, but it helps that i'm an old fart.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Non-US ID's and driving licenses have caused problems for me and my New Zealand friends. You need a passport at least and then it is no guarantee-the guards simply have to enforce State Licensing Laws with limited training.

I think the confusion with Asian passports stems from the fact that there a couple of countries (North or South Korea) that state you are 1 year old at birth. I've worked as a tour guide in the US and always had to double check ages from places like Japan, Vietnam and North/South Korea.

I hate that there's a specified 'beer tent'... it was so refreshing at the Hurricane Festival in Germany just strolling up to one of numerous beer stands around the grounds and getting a beer when you want where you want and go watch a show with it. I mean seriously... will mayhem occur in Indio if we were allowed to partake in such craziness?! [/sarcasm]
    Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    um, no...
    I love her!

Coachella is unbelievable, but yeah, if you could walk around with your alcoholic drink it would make it #1 without question
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    Non-US ID's and driving licenses have caused problems for me and my New Zealand friends. You need a passport at least and then it is no guarantee-the guards simply have to enforce State Licensing Laws with limited training.

I think the confusion with Asian passports stems from the fact that there a couple of countries (North or South Korea) that state you are 1 year old at birth. I've worked as a tour guide in the US and always had to double check ages from places like Japan, Vietnam and North/South Korea.
    Why do I doubt you get many North Korean tourists using your services...
    Quote Originally Posted by seanzie View Post
    This year will be awesome, like every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Trudeau View Post
    Why do I doubt you get many North Korean tourists using your services...
    Quite a few (ten) years ago...i actually can remember 5 North Koreans who toured with Trek America-all were refugees from North Korea, but retained their mationality.

thanks everyone. maybe that was very early time on the first day. (being asked 2 IDs.) until last year, it was ok with passport.

at Club Nokia in LA, i was told passport wasn't enough for VIP bar access (happend to get VIP seat), they needed to prove that photo is definitely yours, so they needed goverment /state issued IDs with discription of your height , eye/hair colour etc.
    is it because of fake ID issue? that's just you guys problem! what a crap!!

well, passport was OK at the bar on the public floor.