Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capacity of the Main Stages

Lurker

Default Capacity of the Main Stages

Obviously the main outdoor stage is virtually limitless, but assuming (and this will be my first Coachella experience) that RATM plays in the Sahara tent like Daft Punk last year (and with the apparent interest that Rage has rocked this year's festival with) what's the capacity of the Sahara tent? Does it fit all of the roughly 60,000 people that come to Coachella? I realize that obviously not all who attend want to see them, but it seems that a huge amount of people will. How many people fit in this big tent in the desert?

Lurker

Default Re: Capacity of the Main Stages

Rage will be on the main stage. The Sahara doesn't hold anywhere near 60,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetski3w View Post
    Obviously the main outdoor stage is virtually limitless, but assuming (and this will be my first Coachella experience) that RATM plays in the Sahara tent like Daft Punk last year (and with the apparent interest that Rage has rocked this year's festival with) what's the capacity of the Sahara tent? Does it fit all of the roughly 60,000 people that come to Coachella? I realize that obviously not all who attend want to see them, but it seems that a huge amount of people will. How many people fit in this big tent in the desert?
    what kind of a question is this? RATM will play the Main Stage, not in the Sahara tent.

i guess that adage "there's no such thing as a stupid question" wasn't correct after all.

The Sahara tent exclusively hosts EDM artists.

vinylmartyr

and Madonna

Well, now we know what "Oshkosh B'Gosh" means...

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Mivsy View Post
    Rage will be on the main stage. The Sahara doesn't hold anywhere near 60,000.

I assume that's why they put Tiesto on the main stage.

vinylmartyr

I assume that's why they put Tiesto on the main stage.
    I assume it because they are gonna have an addition to the lineup that will play the Sahara tent when RHCP is playing. Heres my shortlist.

Underworld
    Daft Punk
    Kraftwerk
    Moby
    Kruder and Dorfmiester
    Fatboy Slim
    Basement Jaxx
    Chemical Brothers
    Nitzer Ebb
    Boards Of Canada (I know but with this sellout maybe they can wow them with cash)
    Thievery Corporation
    Aphex Twin
    The Orb
    Groove Armada
    Fisherspooner
    The Crystal Method

could Daft actually come back? it would be great but i'm not sure they could catch lightening in a bottle again...

i'm not sure how much different they could play considering how much of their catalogue they used last year...and i think people would be a bit disappointed if they just played the same set as last year (awesome as it was)...

i'm hoping for BOC, Underworld or the Jaxxxxxx
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    could Daft actually come back? it would be great but i'm not sure they could catch lightening in a bottle again...

i'm not sure how much different they could play considering how much of their catalogue they used last year...and i think people would be a bit disappointed if they just played the same set as last year (awesome as it was)...
    I didn't get a chance to see them last time, so of course I want them to come back. I admit, it is doubtful. But from what I've heard, if they did play again, it wouldn't just be the same set. It would be something completely different, and they would blow everyone's minds again.

Well said...

don't get me wrong, they could come back and do the same set and i'd be ecstatic! i'll cross my fingers for it...
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Are you kidding me...last year Sahara tent was packed and 3 sides of the tent were surrounded buy huge groves of people...

Not sure I can see that happening this year...

As for rage...the crowd will probably be packed and extend to the merchant tents...

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    what kind of a question is this? RATM will play the Main Stage, not in the Sahara tent.

i guess that adage "there's no such thing as a stupid question" wasn't correct after all.
    Lay off. They said this will be their first Coachella. How are they supposed to know?

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    I assume it because they are gonna have an addition to the lineup that will play the Sahara tent when RHCP is playing. Heres my shortlist.

Underworld
    Daft Punk
    Kraftwerk
    Moby
    Kruder and Dorfmiester
    Fatboy Slim
    Basement Jaxx
    Chemical Brothers
    Nitzer Ebb
    Boards Of Canada (I know but with this sellout maybe they can wow them with cash)
    Thievery Corporation
    Aphex Twin
    The Orb
    Groove Armada
    Fisherspooner
    The Crystal Method
    um, that's not a short list

Someone will close out the Sahara tent at around 10:45 and then it's time to run to the main stage for Tiesto. My guess is that someone is Kevin Federline.

I realize that obviously not all who attend want to see them,
    LIES

SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

I remember people scrambling on top of the portaloos to get a glimpse of DP last year. They would have been brilliant on the main stage with the set up they had.

Don't worry about 60,000 people all trying to see Rage. Some of us will be at one of the other stages. I hope the Kooks headline the Outdoor Theatre at the same time as Rage.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I think the Sahara tent MAYBE hold 20,000 people but after the whole Madonna thing last year I think not even that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

Man what a rookie, how do you make the assumption that Rage woudl be put into a tent? Why think of such things when its been discussed to no end? SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE YOU ASK.

wow. remember when message boards started out to help people find information? i do agree, its a stupid question - for us who have been to coachella. whatev.
    (makitron from the old board)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiefer View Post
    wow. remember when message boards started out to help people find information? i do agree, its a stupid question - for us who have been to coachella. whatev.
    it's a stupid question, period. even if you've never been to coachella or to any other festival, why would you ever assume that RATM (the headliner, their first show in 7 years) would play in a tent instead of the main stage??

Yeah and this kid has never been to a concert in his life I imagine, GO BACK TO WISCONSIN AND WATCH THE PACKERS WITH YOUR F***ING CHEESE HEAD ON.

California cheese > Wisconsin cheese

the guy wasn't even saying that rage was going to play the sahara in a roundabout way he was asking what's the crowd capacity for the mainstage and for the sahara.

Golden, such golden reading fellas It's thoroughly entertaining me through my mundine work day!

I agree it is a pretty dumb question but who cares, it's not like people are going to see him at Coachella and go
    "Hey thats that moron from the coachella board that asked that dumb question about rage playing in the sahara tent what an idiot I wonder if he'll ask about the what happen if someone make a crime next".

Lighten up, although it wouldn't be nearly as entertaining to read so carry on :P
    Recent studies at Yale have shown that being an asshole is detrimental to one's health. Professor Sweetlove, a Psychology professor, came on record as saying:
    "Assholes and local desert rats tend to live shorter lives and have less consensual sexual relations than non assholes. It could be due to lower testoserone levels or a chemical imbalance in the brain but some people are just wired to be.... well.... assholes"
    Full story can be found here. AP

no way would rage be in the sahara. not a chance.
    "All right. This is our 'last song.' Then we are going to go backstage and then come back out for our encore and play a few more songs for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrus View Post
    Golden, such golden reading fellas It's thoroughly entertaining me through my mundine work day!

I agree it is a pretty dumb question but who cares, it's not like people are going to see him at Coachella and go
    "Hey thats that moron from the coachella board that asked that dumb question about rage playing in the sahara tent what an idiot I wonder if he'll ask about the what happen if someone make a crime next".

Lighten up, although it wouldn't be nearly as entertaining to read so carry on :P
    Thats what we are here for, and I love it that he hasnt come back to respond in any way knowing he asked perhaps the stupidest question regarding the festival.

The Nightwatchman will headline the Sahara, with guest appearances by Maynard from Tool, Lily Allen and Jack's Mannequin. Maybe he will cover Air and Bjork songs as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The Weeknd will probably play some secret show nobody knows about cause he is even more cryptic than I am.

ratm would not play in the sahara tent. i cant even fathom how someone could even suspect that.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Lurker

i honestly thought i was going to lose my life at madonna last year. i think Mogwai was the only other act in that time slot, so probably over half the festival was at the sahara tent.

that's what it felt like, anyway.