Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictions For Next Year's Shitty Headliner Who Shouldn't Be A Headliner

old school

Default Re: Predictions For Next Year's Shitty Headliner Who Shouldn't Be A Headliner

I can definitely see KOL headlining in 2012 or 2013. Especially if their next record is as monster as their last one was.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

blue plate special

Default Re: Predictions For Next Year's Shitty Headliner Who Shouldn't Be A Headliner

BLACK EYED PEAS.

prepare yourselves.

Coldplay, Kings of Leon, Green Day, Oasis, Aerosmith

Arcade Fire are poised for a headlining slot. Not saying they're shitty. Just thinkin with a new record and all that momentum.

Prolly wrong thread. Will look.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    Coldplay Oasis
    You do know both of these have already headlined Coachella, right? And i'll take or leave Green Day (although I wouldn't really prefer to see them at Coachella, they've definitely earned their status as a headliner)

Saw Oasis headline that year. Don't think one person moved (talkin about the audience, not the band). Cant even remember any applause...maybe polite golf claps.

Oasis were a band designed to headline festivals, though not memorably.

Maybe I wasn't playing by the thread's rules, I just think those one's don't deserve to headline Coachella because they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by minogueCOMMAk View Post
    Fucking Kings of Leon. Fucking shit.
    Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fancy restaurant View Post
    BLACK EYED PEAS.

prepare yourselves.
    Not even a concern. BEP would be too much of a deviation from Coachella's fundamental branding as a credible indie/rock/alt./electronica event. It simply would never happen.

Now one might say 'look at Jay-Z, the Killers, Muse, Jack Johnson etc. in recent years. They're all mainstream.' Sure they are, but if you can't see the difference in musical credibility or the demographic those groups attract then I don't know what else to say. The Black Eyed Peas are goddamn poster children for the ills of micro-controlled, watered down contemporary top 40 music. It's mindless drivel for the masses. Why do you think they're winning or performing at the Grammys every year? Because they're that good?
    Last edited by boarderwoozel3; 05-08-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

TITCR
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Oasis wont headline, they broke up.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

I'm feeling Interpol might belong in this thread, depending on how the new album blows up or doesn't.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Quote Originally Posted by minogueCOMMAk View Post
    Fucking Kings of Leon. Fucking shit.
    wow minogue, we can actually agree on something.

Quote Originally Posted by PagodasPinkPants View Post
    Being funny and not taking yourself seriously > A prissy bitch that gets offended over nothing

Ergo...

Obzen > NoMeansYes2010

Go back to Nevada of Italy or wherever the fuck you came from. Muse sucks.
    Not worth my time. Everyone has their own musical preferences. I may be a prick on these forums, but at least I accept it. You on the other hand come off as ignorant (bad grammar lessens the gravity of insults).

Coldplay and Kings of Leon are popular enough to headline but would definitely steer me towards a different stage. Green Day would be pretty bad too, and their last couple albums are garbage. Thankfully there will always be other options!
    Last edited by NoMeansYes2010; 05-16-2010 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    That people are even considering that GV would consider Lil Wayne headlining is upsetting to me.
    Ugh. Lil Wayne played an afternoon slot at Voodoo a year and a half ago, and he's done nothing of note (except go to jail) since then.

He was fucking awful, too. Unlistenable. I'm not saying nobody enjoyed him - I'm just saying those people were stupid/tone deaf/drunk/high.

Saw folks discussing the idea of Radiohead headlining... I wish they would do some shows while not supporting an album. Saw them at Lolla a couple years ago, and the set list, while it had its moments, was kind of a downer with a lot of songs from their current album. Nothing against their recent material, but it'd be nice if every band did a tour once in a while where they just embraced their entire history, without preferring any particular era.

When you get to legit headliner status, your set list can be spectacular if you want it to be. Bands like Pearl Jam, Radiohead, et al. can just pick and choose a few from every record and virtually nobody will have a bad time.

(In fact, looking back at their set list, they played every song from "In Rainbows", contrasted with 2-3 from "The Bends" and about each 4 from "Kid A" and "OK Computer")
    Last edited by TomServo; 05-17-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Not even a concern. BEP would be too much of a deviation from Coachella's fundamental branding as a credible indie/rock/alt./electronica event. It simply would never happen.

Now one might say 'look at Jay-Z, the Killers, Muse, Jack Johnson etc. in recent years. They're all mainstream.' Sure they are, but if you can't see the difference in musical credibility or the demographic those groups attract then I don't know what else to say. The Black Eyed Peas are goddamn poster children for the ills of micro-controlled, watered down contemporary top 40 music. It's mindless drivel for the masses. Why do you think they're winning or performing at the Grammys every year? Because they're that good?
    Jeff, you've orchestrated my argument against Lady Gaga better than I can. It may not be as "accurate" as yours given the artist in question, but its how I feel.

Arcade Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMeansYes2010 View Post
    Not worth my time. Everyone has their own musical preferences. I may be a prick on these forums, but at least I accept it. You on the other hand come off as ignorant (bad grammar lessens the gravity of insults).

Coldplay and Kings of Leon are popular enough to headline but would definitely steer me towards a different stage. Green Day would be pretty bad too, and their last couple albums are garbage. Thankfully there will always be other options!
    So American Idiot is "Garbage"? Get bent.

American Idiot blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookieman908 View Post
    So American Idiot is "Garbage"?
    From beginning to end: yes.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

INCUBUS. please.

anything but Lady fucking gaga.
    PLEASE.

Coldplay is highly likely

As is Kanye West...

I still don't think it's a cause for everyone to freak out...
    You don't have to watch the headliners. When Jack Johnson played Fatboy Slim was unbelievable...just sayin.

Coldplay and Kanye West headlining?

Good post, brah.
    '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14... '15!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Sounds like a mashup of Benny Benassi, Spice Girls, and feces. I was really hoping for a Paris Hilton DJ set :/
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Just wait. I bet at the Sigma Chi chapter meeting this Sunday the brothers unanimously vote to do Sahara Semiformal at Weekend 2 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by untzcrate View Post
    Coldplay and Kanye West headlining?

Good post, brah.
    Not two separate nights guy...either of them could headline one night of the festival, brah, but goldenvoice is much too smart to have, say, coldplay headline one night and kanye another...thanks for your input though. Quality post...and very constructive.

Also, if you think Coldplay can't headline...they did in 2005 and have since gotten bigger. And Kanye is Kanye...

It was also meant to say that I think people freak out too much over the "shitty" headliners. Everyone gets so upset when someone too mainstream is there...like they're own indie credibility will be shattered...Jack Johnson...no problem cuz you got fatboy slim. The Killers? How about a little Chem Bros & Gang Gang Dance. Jay-Z? Fever Ray/Deadmau5. Muse...well FlyLo comes on in a little bit...let's enjoy the E and lay on this mattress. Or just enjoy the headliners if you like!
    Last edited by mojavemolester; 09-07-2010 at 12:27 PM.

What I would like to see:

Friday : N..W..A. and Eminem also Outkast sub-headling

Saturday: Bowie. And sub-headling the strokes and interpol

Sunday: radiohead sub-headling neworder and erasure

pretty sure there's no way Outkast would sub headline
    last.fm/user/killakat

Arcade Fire
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

Quote Originally Posted by Cookieman908 View Post
    So American Idiot is "Garbage"? Get bent.
    Yes it's terrible. Green Day used to put out good albums. Now it's all political, preachy propaganda. Not to mention, it's fucking boring.

Green Day performing Dookie would be nice IMO.... The minute they drop one song from American Idiot, I walk away.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella