View Poll Results: CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - TOP 32 - MATCH #11 - CROP CIRCLE VS. VINEYARD SOUND

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crop Circle

39 44.32%
  • Vineyard Sound

49 55.68%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - TOP 32 - MATCH #11 - CROP CIRCLE VS. VINEYARD SOUND

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Default CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - TOP 32 - MATCH #11 - CROP CIRCLE VS. VINEYARD SOUND

Create A Festival IV
    Top 32 Round
    Match #11

Crop Circle vs. Vineyard Sound

Festival #1:

Name: Crop Circle Festival
    Reunion Act: The Stone Roses

Extras:
    Onsite Camping
    Free Parking
    Beer License

$238

vs.

Festival #2

Name: Vineyard Sound Music & Arts Festival
    Reunion Act: The Fugees

Extras:
    Onsite Camping
    Open Taping
    Comedy Acts
    Free Parking
    Beer License
    Ins and Outs

$236

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - TOP 32 - MATCH #11 - CROP CIRCLE VS. VINEYARD SOUND

This one is quite difficult. Need a while to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - TOP 32 - MATCH #11 - CROP CIRCLE VS. VINEYARD SOUND

I'm going to have to go with Bob Dylan and The Stone Roses.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Crop Circle is amazing. Had to say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

The Libertines are an actual reunion act, too, split in 2004.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Ok. Hurts me, but Crop Circle.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    The Libertines are an actual reunion act, too, split in 2004.

...and The Sundays.

3 for the price of one.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Looks like Crop Circle falls victim to the questionable billing dilemma. That and a weak undercard. Not worth a trip to England.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Also, just as an FYI, the Libertines were declared fair game and were not considered a reunion.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    ...and The Sundays.

3 for the price of one.
    Make it 4. Mazzy Star, as well.
    For your health

The lack of unique electronic acts has cost Crop Circle my vote. I have seen Orbital and Chemical Bros on MANY other posters. Vineyard has 808 state (!!!!) AND Ellen Allien & Apparat, not to mention Fugees, who would be awesome to see live.

Edit: I just noticed Vineyard has a comedian MC at a stage each day. That's kinda cool.
    Last edited by kreutz2112; 03-18-2009 at 12:21 PM.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Stevie Wonder and Al Green co-headlining is very win. As are the presumed main stage MC's. Get some lulz on between acts? Is nice.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

strokes above the stripes? no. still gets my vote, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    strokes above the stripes? no. still gets my vote, though.
    That's the billing that I was talking about, although having the Strokes at all is bad enough.
    last.fm

crop circle

Vineyard-only because they put Stevie Wonder in the right spot.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I voted Vineyard....because there is barely anyone i would see at Crop Circle
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Crop Circle also has ETBTG, another reunion act.

Also, anyone who questions Crop Circle's billing, remember, it is in England. UK festivals have a history of putting acts like Klaxons, Arctic Monkeys, etc. all into headlining slots despite what us yanks think. Food for thought.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

vineyard becuase it seems oh so classy

Everything But the Girl is fine, although the Sundays and Mazzy Star do appear to both be reunions in addition to the Stone Roses. I will speak with Erik and see what happens at this point. I don't think there is any intentional cheating, just lazy research.
    last.fm

The Wrens, the Stone Roses, Sun Kil Moon, Six Organs of Admittance, Circulatory System, Juana Molina and The Dodos put Crop Circle over the top for me.

Vineyard Sound is a really good festival and should it win I figure it'll start to get my vote (he says without looking at potential matchups.)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

thestripe

The Fugees are back together?

The Fugees are Vineyard's reunion act.
    Upcoming Shows:

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Crop Circle also has ETBTG, another reunion act.

Also, anyone who questions Crop Circle's billing, remember, it is in England. UK festivals have a history of putting acts like Klaxons, Arctic Monkeys, etc. all into headlining slots despite what us yanks think. Food for thought.
    This would only hold true if the person that made it lived in England. I am pretty sure there is only one UKer in the contest, and I know what fest that is. Not this one.
    last.fm

thestripe

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    The Fugees are Vineyard's reunion act.
    Ha! duh.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    This would only hold true if the person that made it lived in England. I am pretty sure there is only one UKer in the contest, and I know what fest that is. Not this one.
    I dunno. I mean, if I had chosen a UK location for my festival and booked acts like the aforementioned alongside Keane or Bloc Party or what not, I'm pretty sure I would have taken the precedent of British booking into account and billed them higher than they'd be billed here in the US.

I think there was an Icelandic festival last year that had Sigur Ros headlining and I want to say it got a lot of slack for the fact, but I think it makes sense... To each their own.
    Upcoming Shows:

Stone Roses and The Sundays are both reunions, but that would be awesome despite the rule breaking.

I don't have the patience for the font on the crop circle poster.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    The Wrens, the Stone Roses, Sun Kil Moon, Six Organs of Admittance, Circulatory System, Juana Molina and The Dodos put Crop Circle over the top for me.
    exactly
    badass bands that almost no one else has

add vetiver and vashti bunyan
    Last edited by matsuolost; 03-18-2009 at 06:47 PM.
    as predicted by nostradamus

Vineyard has Yesayer. Vineyard is also much more diverse, and doesnt have The Strokes billed above The White Stripes. Vineyard gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Also, just as an FYI, the Libertines were declared fair game and were not considered a reunion.
    How are the Libertines fair game? They are most deinately a reunion.
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.