View Poll Results: CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - TOP 32 - MATCH #5 - ANASAZI VS. NOT A SLACKERS WEEKEND

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anasazi

51 57.95%
  • Not A Slackers Weekend

37 42.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - TOP 32 - MATCH #5 - ANASAZI VS. NOT A SLACKERS WEEKEND

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Default CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - TOP 32 - MATCH #5 - ANASAZI VS. NOT A SLACKERS WEEKEND

Create A Festival IV
    Top 32 Round
    Match #5

Anasazi vs. Not A Slackers Weekend

Festival #1:

Name: Anasazi Music & Arts Festival
    Reunion Act: The Replacements

Extras:
    Onsite Camping
    Open Taping
    Free Parking
    Art Installations
    Beer License
    Ins and Outs

$236

vs.

Festival #2

Name: Not A Slackers Weekend
    Reunion Act: Grandaddy

Extras:
    Beer License
    Ins and Outs

$141

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - TOP 32 - MATCH #5 - ANASAZI VS. NOT A SLACKERS WEEKEND

Wow,Slackers is a fucking bargain AND a super-cool design!
    Bonus points for Donna Summer and Melt-Banana,too!
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - TOP 32 - MATCH #5 - ANASAZI VS. NOT A SLACKERS WEEKEND

If a Mike Patton project were on the same day as Melt-Banana, I would have voted for Slackers. But, one isn't, so my vote goes to Anasazi.

Anasazi also gets bonus points for Tina Turner.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Slackers is my fave so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Another toughie. Slackers is an unusual festival that has a unique poster design and the most random headliner ever. Anasazi is a solid lineup with some surprises of its own like Tina Turner and Sade. Will think about this.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Why oh why wouldn't they book Nick Cave and Kylie on the same day...
    Up Next: Cobra Starship, Gogol Bordello, Talib Kweli & Jean Grae

ricardo villalobos might be billed too high, but i like how leila is on the not a slackers lineup

Tina Turner!

Erasure? That's pretty rad right there. Add Massive Attack, Portishead and Gorillaz as headliners, we have a winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

I may be wrong... but I researched Lords of Acid for my fest and I thought they were also a reunion.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

What is it with all of this Portishead? I just saw them last year. A lot of Nick Cave in this contest too.

Not a Slackers Weekend has some cool headliners. The undercard is great. Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

thestripe

Portishead played one U.S show last year. And a short set at that.

Who is Ennio Morocone?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by forzapalermo04 View Post
    I may be wrong... but I researched Lords of Acid for my fest and I thought they were also a reunion.
    I don't think they're "broken up"....maybe on a long hiatus
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Man, Slackers is great.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Who is Ennio Morocone?
    He's a score writer/composer. His work on The Untouchables was amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    ricardo villalobos might be billed too high, but i like how leila is on the not a slackers lineup
    I didn't even notice Leila. That is awesome.
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    He's a score writer/composer. His work on The Untouchables was amazing.
    Oh. *shrug*. Nice attempt at an original headliner, but I definately wouldn't go out of my way to see that.

Slackers is original and cheap... not a blow out festival. but very cool. props for mihaly vig.

Quote Originally Posted by thestripe View Post
    Portishead played one U.S show last year. And a short set at that.
    Same thing that's up with Tom Waits, Blur, David Bowie, Shpongle, FSOL, Fever Ray, The Knife, Hasselhoff, etc: people want to see them and rarely have the chance, if ever. Wish fulfillment.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

I think I'm voting for every poster that DOESN'T look like Coachella's. Haha.
    Hello my name is Johnny Polite and they are going to kill me...
    Concert Calendar:
    Burning Hotels 1.14 | The Kills 1.23 | Adam Ant 2.7 | Girls 3.9 | Dr. Dog 3.11 | Neon Indian 3.13 | Andrew Bird 3.15| Band of Skulls 3.17

twitter.com/thechris104
    youtube.com/thechris104
    granadatheater.com

anasazi

echo and the bunnymen
    Cat Stevens
    Replacements im there

And cheap price is always good. Yay for Melt-Banana.
    Hello my name is Johnny Polite and they are going to kill me...
    Concert Calendar:
    Burning Hotels 1.14 | The Kills 1.23 | Adam Ant 2.7 | Girls 3.9 | Dr. Dog 3.11 | Neon Indian 3.13 | Andrew Bird 3.15| Band of Skulls 3.17

twitter.com/thechris104
    youtube.com/thechris104
    granadatheater.com

Anasazi, Portishead..... that sums up my decision.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Anasazi day three is enough for me to want to go. I also think the location is very interesting. I wonder how the acoustics are bouncing off those rocks and precipices! Slackers has a sloth..........MY FAVORITE ANIMAL!!! Win in my heart just for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

Slackers is all kinds of awesome. Especially for the price. One of my favorites of this competition. Way to stand out!

Joanna + Sufjan + Paavoharju + Massive Attack + Boredoms + Loretta Lynn + Ennio fucking Morricone for $140 = I wish it was real.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

Hey The Replacements.

Anasazi,without a doubt. great location,great lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

thestripe

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    Hey The Replacements.
    Yeah it was tough voting against that.

I had Ennio Morocone on my poster for the first contest.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.