View Poll Results: CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - TOP 32 - MATCH #1 - FEEL GOOD LOST VS. PAPILLON Post a Poll

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Feel Good Lost

42 45.16%
  • Papillon

51 54.84%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - TOP 32 - MATCH #1 - FEEL GOOD LOST VS. PAPILLON

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Default CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - TOP 32 - MATCH #1 - FEEL GOOD LOST VS. PAPILLON

Create A Festival IV
    Top 32 Round
    Match #1

Feel Good Lost Vs. Papillon

Festival #1:

Name: Feel Good Lost Festival
    Reunion Act: New Order

Extras:
    Onsite Camping
    Art Installations
    Free Parking
    Ferris Wheel
    Beer License

$313

vs.

Festival #2

Name: Papillon
    Reunion Act: None

Extras:
    Onsite Camping
    Comedy Acts
    Free Parking
    Art Installations
    Beer License

$153

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - TOP 32 - MATCH #1 - FEEL GOOD LOST VS. PAPILLON

Jesus christ Papillon is gorgeous. It gets my vote based on that alone.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - TOP 32 - MATCH #1 - FEEL GOOD LOST VS. PAPILLON

Whites Stripes? Prodigy? Avalanches? Muse? MBV? The B-52s? The Hives? The Specials?!? (billed too low) Gogol Bordello? and MORE?

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Papillon has a mission that I agree with.Shouldn't it be EPMD,though?I hate to be so nit-picky.Virginia/Pennsylvania,who the fuck cares....
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

Wait... is this poster suggesting there are going to be NO conflicts between music acts?
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

I think so. It's a very good strategy in terms of making it to the set times rounds.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Wait... is this poster suggesting there are going to be NO conflicts between music acts?
    I can't imagine how this is happening unless bands are getting short sets and playing all night. I can understand two stages that never conflict like we saw in the last contest, but 3 or 4?

Feel Good Lost is also a great lineup, and I'd attend in a heartbeat if it actually existed. But I still don't know where in Big Sur the fest is exactly.

Papillon is the second fest I've seen with Grandmaster Flash. Creative choice. And points for the amazing poster and the obvious creativity in putting together the festival. Well done. Solid lineup for a low price, too.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Feel Good Lost is a win festival name.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Papillon is the winner in my book. Feel Good Lost feels like a bunch of other festivals. I'm not too big a fan of Portishead or Jay-Z. I'm tired of David Bowie. Not to mention that Papillon's poster is well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

thestripe

Feel Good Lost's line-up is 100 times better than Papillons.

I vote on the Papillon editorial.

thestripe

Yeah, there is no way I'm flying to Nebraska for this.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Feel Good Lost has a solid, if somewhat generic, lineup. But can you imagine how TERRIBLE traffic would be getting there and back? Roads to Big Sur are like one lane and twisty as hell.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by thestripe View Post
    Feel Good Lost's line-up is 100 times better than Papillons.
    yes.

I kept misreading "clashes" on the Papillon poster as "clothes," like this: "We love music festivals but hate clothes" which gives a very different impression. The light and summery feel to the poster seemed to fit with this.

I am not sure what I would prefer, a nudist festival or one that runs continuously from noon on Friday until Sunday at midnight. For the former I'd have to walk around naked, but for the latter I'd end up sleeping in strange one hour increments to see the bands I wanted to see. Or, rather, by Saturday afternoon I'd be sleeping through whoever it was playing due to exhaustion.

It's an interesting idea but that alone might cost my vote. I need to look over the lineups again, but, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

That's not fair, Papillon is a good lineup. Its low price means a lot of big names aren't going to be there, and it is one of the few fests that has a believable undercard.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

But if you don't like bands like Ween or Animal Collective or The Hives you don't have another stage choices to occupy your time with. It's a clever idea but you have to like every band playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

papillon its got born ruffians

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    But if you don't like bands like Ween or Animal Collective or The Hives you don't have another stage choices to occupy your time with. It's a clever idea but you have to like every band playing.
    That's true if you're looking at it just as a music festival, but the poster puts a lot of emphasis into the comedy festival, the theatre, etc. I don't know if I'd spend an continuous hour or two watching music videos, but Papilion's poster seems to push that it's more then a bunch of bands playing on different stages for a weekend.
    Up Next: Cobra Starship, Gogol Bordello, Talib Kweli & Jean Grae

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Whites Stripes? Prodigy? Avalanches? Muse? MBV? The B-52s? The Hives? The Specials?!? (billed too low) Gogol Bordello? and MORE?

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!
    agreed.
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    That's not fair, Papillon is a good lineup. Its low price means a lot of big names aren't going to be there, and it is one of the few fests that has a believable undercard.
    Brandon gave a very good response but I have another: I don't like the lineup of Papillon.

I categorized the artists into WIN/MAYBE/NO/WHO? like I do each year for the Coachella lineup; there were only 11 in the "WIN" category and 10 MAYBEs. With only 9 WHOs that leaves at least half the festival as NO. And, given the all hours continuous running method that means half the runtime of the festival some band will be playing that I have no interest in seeing.

Also the three best names on that line up for me are Spiritualized, My Bloody Valentine and Blur... and two of those are at Feel Good Lost.

I started to categorize FGL into W/M/N/?. There are 13 WINs on Friday alone.

I applaud the creativity of Papillon but I don't like the finished product; I wouldn't go to that festival. I would go to Feel Good Lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    But can you imagine how TERRIBLE traffic would be getting there and back? Roads to Big Sur are like one lane and twisty as hell.
    Hah! Very very true. Some cars are definitely getting pushed off cliffs. I cannot deny though that the lineup in that setting is pure magic. I would be very curious to see how it could work out. Papillon lovely job on your poster...but Nebraska, eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

Nick Cave is way too low for Feel Good Lost.

thestripe

I didn't vote for it but I like Papillions poster.

Feel Good has a much better lineup. Winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The Weeknd will probably play some secret show nobody knows about cause he is even more cryptic than I am.

thestripe

I think Papillon is missing many things, but Dylan mostly.

the lonely island is key.

Papillion is too diverse for me. Not really into the comedy thing. I can appreciate the food court, the microbrews, and the wine bar but the music isn't grabbing me. Perhaps these bands would gel with the Nebraksa environment. FGL lacks the passion that Papillion has assembled for that festival. It comes down to the music. FGL has more bands that I would want to see than Papillion.

Sorry Papillion. I've never been to Nebraska.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I can't wait to see Papillon's set times.

And it got my vote. Such a great value.
    Hello my name is Johnny Polite and they are going to kill me...
    Concert Calendar:
    Burning Hotels 1.14 | The Kills 1.23 | Adam Ant 2.7 | Girls 3.9 | Dr. Dog 3.11 | Neon Indian 3.13 | Andrew Bird 3.15| Band of Skulls 3.17

twitter.com/thechris104
    youtube.com/thechris104
    granadatheater.com

Tough choice, but I had to go with Feel Good Lost.

I'm flying from Alaska, so festival price is far less of a concern than, say, the cost of airfare, which makes ticket cost basically moot for me.

Prodigy & Muse is a killer one-two punch of artists that I would love to see and haven't yet, but in the end, there's just not enough to support it. I really like the idea of no conflicts, but I think I would hate sleeping an hour at a time and being bleary-eyed to watch my favorite bands.

Feel Good Lost also has Violent Femmes, which is one hell of an undercard act for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker