View Poll Results: CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - WILD CARD ROUND - MATCH #1 - SEQUOIA VS. FEEL GOOD LOST

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sequoia Festival

31 33.70%
  • Feel Good Lost Festival

61 66.30%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - WILD CARD ROUND - MATCH #1 - SEQUOIA VS. FEEL GOOD LOST

Default CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - WILD CARD ROUND - MATCH #1 - SEQUOIA VS. FEEL GOOD LOST

Create A Festival IV
    Wild Card Round
    Match #1

Sequoia Festival vs. Feel Good Lost Festival

Festival #1:

Name: Sequoia Music and Arts Festival
    Reunion Act: Neutral Milk Hotel
    Sponsorship?: Yes (Denny's)

Extras:
    Onsite Camping
    Open Taping
    Features Comedy Acts
    Free Parking
    Art Installations
    Beer License

Ticket Price: $343

vs.

Festival #2

Name: Feel Good Lost Music and Arts Festival
    Reunion Act: New Order

Extras:
    Onsite Camping
    Art Installations
    Free Parking
    Ferris Wheel
    Beer License

Ticket Price: $313

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - WILD CARD ROUND - MATCH #1 - SEQUOIA VS. FEEL GOOD LOST

feel good lost looks so much like one poster of a past contest..

i think it even has the same lineup
    as predicted by nostradamus

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL IV - WILD CARD ROUND - MATCH #1 - SEQUOIA VS. FEEL GOOD LOST

seriously

The fact that both of these posters have Boards of Canada subheadlining over acts like Interpol, Sigur Ros and Lil Wayne is hysterical. Nice joke.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Belle and Sebastian were fair game? i thought they were on hiatus and thus making them a reunion act. whatever. BS won't make a festival.

anyhoo- NMH in Yosemite = win

edit: lol @ winter Yosemite on the poster when the festival is in July
    Last edited by zenidogx; 03-16-2009 at 05:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Amneeziac

Billing correctly is very important. These festivals did not bill correctly. See you in the later rounds.

I have to say... that Dennys advertisement is hilarious.... and sad at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post
    Belle and Sebastian were fair game? i thought they were on hiatus and thus making them a reunion act. whatever. BS won't make a festival.

anyhoo- NMH in Yosemite = win

edit: lol @ winter Yosemite on the poster when the festival is in July
    I think it's more of a break and apparently they will be back at it next year.
    7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

is DJ MomJeans a real act, btw? or a joke the board made up?

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Amneeziac View Post
    Billing correctly is very important. These festivals did not bill correctly. See you in the later rounds.
    agreed. especially with the first festival.

i voted the 2nd one. Orbital ftw!

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by bleep View Post
    is DJ MomJeans a real act, btw? or a joke the board made up?
    entirely real my friend.

yes, Hyde from "That 70's Show"
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

EDIT: NVM.
    Upcoming Shows:

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

I agree, to an extent. For those of us who have to make posters, some even really really really really last minute, billing is subject to change because of poster format and font size. Just because one band is ahead of another does not necessarily mean that they will have their set time reflected as such. You gotta do what it takes to get the poster done in time. Everybody should keep this in mind. Or at least for the posters I made, which is information you do not have, so apply it to all.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

LOL @ both using Bowie, BoC, Animal Collective.
    7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post

yes, Hyde from "That 70's Show"
    should tack on another 5 points for comedy act

Hmmm. Sequoia Festival

Still... That doesn't explain how Explosions in the Sky are booked higher than Chris Rock and Leonard Cohen, or how Sigur Ros and Lil' Wayne are booked under Boards of Canada. Well... maybe it explains the latter more so than the former.
    Upcoming Shows:

I had to include my gf on this one... she said that she'd skip saturday entirely to go hiking... (guess which one we voted for)
    Rhythm is a dancer.

I voted for the second one, mainly because the sponsership does not fit with the location for the first one. Why go over and force your self into a sponser when you have a scenic national park as the venue. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

the second one lacks originality
    as predicted by nostradamus

Amneeziac

Menik, just a suggestion and I don't know if it's possible, but is there any way to hide the results so that you can announce them later?

Menik, just a suggestion and I don't know if it's possible, but is there any way to hide the results so that you can announce them later?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by matsuolost View Post
    the second one lacks originality
    Super Furry Animals, Dirty Projectors, Yacht, Fennesz, Vitalic, Son Lux Lindstrom, ACTUALLY taking a chance and gambling with Jay-Z as a headliner. I'd say that's original to some degree. They're about equally original, honestly, and that's because they share nearly the same top billing...
    Upcoming Shows:

Both festivals have typical expected acts. Nothing new or groundbreaking. And both are ridiculously expenive on top of that. I'll have to go to Feel Good Lost though. If only, cause its an hour closer.

I wonder how many of these festivals are going to have Bowie as a headliner. LOL at Denny's as a sponsor.
    Hello my name is Johnny Polite and they are going to kill me...
    Concert Calendar:
    Burning Hotels 1.14 | The Kills 1.23 | Adam Ant 2.7 | Girls 3.9 | Dr. Dog 3.11 | Neon Indian 3.13 | Andrew Bird 3.15| Band of Skulls 3.17

twitter.com/thechris104
    youtube.com/thechris104
    granadatheater.com

I love Yosemite.....but I prefer the feel good line-up.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Both lineups are full with amazing bands worth flying to see (and a lot of overlap). I almost went with Feel Good Lost because Scott Walker is pretty baller, but I had to go with Sequoia for the lulz of Momjeans, Andrew WK, Denny's, the balls it takes to book an act as hated as Mika, and props for Chris Rock. And Sequoia has a specific festival location.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnypolite View Post
    I wonder how many of these festivals are going to have Bowie as a headliner.
    Yeah, no shit.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

I hope there are some CHEAP festivals this time around. But Bowie costs 75 points, so that'll never happen.