Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 134

Thread: 9/11 conspiracy theories

  1. #61
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,766

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    The motive I guess would be that the "Let's roll" bit feeds into people's need to want to feel empowered and fight back in some way. It's a 'fuck yeah!' story that people can seize upon and let the 'aw fuck!' stories slide a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  2. #62
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,896

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post


    I have heard those theories too, I always wonder why the Government would hide that they shot down one of the planes? I would think Bush and Co would be very proud to have done something right. I just don't get the motive behind it.
    If i was gonna come up with something that was to tie into the conspiracy of the event being staged to set up the world for a power grab, i would go with tying up loose ends. What if the passengers got control and were going to land the plane somehow? You might have some terrorists alive that need to be tried. Getting their stories in detail would be a thread that would help unravel the plan. Is there any detailed biographies on the hijackers? If not, that's kinda strange. You figure mass murderers like that would have their stories laid out in detail by now.
    Last edited by ivankay; 03-15-2009 at 08:52 PM.

  3. #63
    Coachella Junkie Blinken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,685

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The motive I guess would be that the "Let's roll" bit feeds into people's need to want to feel empowered and fight back in some way. It's a 'fuck yeah!' story that people can seize upon and let the 'aw fuck!' stories slide a bit.
    I still think it would be more powerful for the millitary to shoot down the plane and demonstrate that they could really protect us. It would have built faith in the Government in the face of a crisis. Rumsfeld could have had a slip of the tongue because they were thinking of taking credit away from the civilians, who knows.

  4. #64

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    I still think it would be more powerful for the millitary to shoot down the plane and demonstrate that they could really protect us. It would have built faith in the Government in the face of a crisis. Rumsfeld could have had a slip of the tongue because they were thinking of taking credit away from the civilians, who knows.
    Because if they told everyone they shot down one plane, people would ask,"Well how come you couldn't get to the other ones?"

    I would think it would have the reverse effect.

  5. #65
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Here's my biggest question about the Let's Roll bullshit...

    How in the FUCK is it that they claimed some guys on the planes were using their cell phones to call their family? Ever try to use a cell phone on an airplane? It doesn't fucking work. They don't beam the signal UP, goddammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  6. #66

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Here's my biggest question about the Let's Roll bullshit...

    How in the FUCK is it that they claimed some guys on the planes were using their cell phones to call their family? Ever try to use a cell phone on an airplane? It doesn't fucking work. They don't beam the signal UP, goddammit.
    Sad but true. Soooo true.

  7. #67
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Shit like that is what makes it so hard for me to believe any of the given story. Because parts like that, or say how it is that a fucking plane managed to fly into our Pentagon without getting caught by some of the fighter jets you would hope were circling D.C. a short while after the biggest terroristic attack in history, well, it just makes it seem like there had to have been a reason to arrange so much bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  8. #68
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,490

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Ever try to use a cell phone on an airplane? It doesn't fucking work. They don't beam the signal UP, goddammit.
    Not true

    I was really hung over when I was flying to Vegas a couple years back and almost missed my flight. I got on the plane fell asleep instantly and woke up to my cell phone ringing, while I did ignore the call I still got it nonetheless and everyone was giving me the evil eye the rest of the flight

  9. #69
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Not true

    I was really hung over when I was flying to Vegas a couple years back and almost missed my flight. I got on the plane fell asleep instantly and woke up to my cell phone ringing, while I did ignore the call I still got it nonetheless and everyone was giving me the evil eye the rest of the flight
    I don't believe you because your avatar is black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  10. #70
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,490

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Your avatar is a gay hispanic

  11. #71
    old school mattpach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whittier
    Posts
    2,557

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    lol

  12. #72
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    That just means I'm shiftless and have AIDS, it doesn't speak to my believability at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  13. #73
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,673

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    Yeah . . . I was gonna stay out of it this time but I wanted to remark on this . . .


    I have heard those theories too, I always wonder why the Government would hide that they shot down one of the planes? I would think Bush and Co would be very proud to have done something right. I just don't get the motive behind it.
    Because half the country feels that it's wrong to sacrifice the lives of a few to save the lives of many in such circumstances.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  14. #74
    Member KatieLyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA
    Posts
    904

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Zeitgeist.

  15. #75
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,766

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by KatieLyn View Post
    Zeitgeist.
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by the Globe and Mail via wikipedia
    for all the talk of skepticism, conspiracy counterculture is really an anti-intellectual, populist movement - much like Intelligent Design. For all their absurdity, conspiracy theorists try to drag everything back to the level of common sense. [...] Did the collapsing buildings on 9/11 look like they were being demolished? Then they must have been demolished. Did the 757 that hit the Pentagon's blast-proof walls fail to make a plane-shaped hole? Then it must have been something else. Are there unexplained quirks in the official story? Then it must be the work of a higher power. [...] Conspiracy theorists want to see [...] a malevolent design behind events. The notion that calamity might be the unintended consequence of subtler causes doesn't hold the same appeal. Evil, whatever its other uses, drives a great narrative. Complexity, not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  16. #76
    Young blood
    Guest

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Join, or die.

  17. #77

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Conspiracy Smurf would be a koo alias
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

  18. #78
    Coachella Junkie greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    6,028

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Also does anyone actually believe the jet in Pennsylvania just crashed into the countryside there? or the whole "Let's roll" bit?
    I don't buy the let's roll thing at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

  19. #79
    Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kensington market, Toronto.
    Posts
    6,370

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    there IS the possibility that you know, it was just a straight up hijacking.

    occam's razor, anyone?

  20. #80
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    you are in a 9/11 conspiracy thread advocating nominalism...

    have fun with that Sancho.

  21. #81
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    15,988

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    i understand 9/11 is a day embeded into the collective american psyche and like a haunting surrealistic dream theres the uncontorollable spontaneous effect to make sense of all this-but its really just a reconfirmation that we live in a world that is an ocean of chaos...or sea of perfection to others in that on 9/11/01,happenstance set off the course of events that came to be our reality,which in all actuality was the direct result of total apathy on behalf of the united states government-who indeed knew of a direct threat to americans on american soil,but unfortunately the enemy was too ambitious and it was an attack on such a magnitude that we couldnt even begin to imagine the scale-which is why we were so dumb-founded,because there was no intelligence to mark the foreigners that went to our schools for flight,there was no sufficient safety precautions to prevent a hi-jacking,there was no protocol let alone time to scramble jets in order to have them in the right proximity to shoot the planes down,there was no way we couldve saved all those people in those buldings once they were hit-you might as well have had a dream to be able to even know how the day wouldve unfolded

    but to think that the loss of nearly 3000 souls was the result of a total 'inside job'-thats just bantha fodder.
    Last edited by obzen; 03-16-2009 at 03:50 PM.

  22. #82
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    No protocol to scramble jets? You're trying to argue that the fucking Pentagon and D.C. in general doesn't have a protocol in place that, in the event of a national emergency, would get some jets scrambled in time to protect the pentagon an hour later?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  23. #83
    Member BKsaysAction!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Nowhere, California
    Posts
    921

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Whats funny is their excuse was on that day they were just so happening to have an air excercise to prevent something like this from happening...out in the atlantic.

  24. #84
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    15,988

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    dont trip-
    i aint arguing shit.

  25. #85
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    i understand 9/11 is a day embeded into the collective americian psyche and like a haunting surrealistic dream theres the uncontorollable spontaneous effect to make sense of all this-but its really just a reconfirmaton that we live in a world that is an ocean of chaos...or sea of perfection to others in that on 9/11/01,happenstance set off the course of events that came to be our reality,which in all actuality was the direct result of total apathy on behalf of the united states government-who indeed knew of a direct threat to americans on american soil,but unfortunately the enemy was too ambitious and it was an attack on such a magnitude that we couldnt even begin to imagine the scale-which is why we were so dumb-founded,because there was no intelligence to mark the foreigners that went to our schools for flight,there was no sufficient safety precautions to prevent a hi-jacking,there was no protocal let alone time to scramble jets in order to have them in the right proximity to shoot the planes down,there was no way we couldve saved all those people in those buldings once they were hit-you might as well have had a dream to be able to even know how the day wouldve unfolded
    .

  26. #86
    Coachella Junkie Blinken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,685

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    No protocol to scramble jets? You're trying to argue that the fucking Pentagon and D.C. in general doesn't have a protocol in place that, in the event of a national emergency, would get some jets scrambled in time to protect the pentagon an hour later?

    There was so much more in play than just scramble the fighters and everything will be fine. Do you have any idea how many planes were in the air over DC you can't just go shooting down planes with US civilans aboard unless you 100% positive that it is a threat and have Presidential approval. I think our president has shown time and agian that he does not handle pressure well. The systems in place were not ment for the attacks that happened, they were ment to be used against an invading force. We were not prepared for this at all.

    As Tom said
    Originally Posted by the Globe and Mail via wikipedia
    for all the talk of skepticism, conspiracy counterculture is really an anti-intellectual, populist movement - much like Intelligent Design. For all their absurdity, conspiracy theorists try to drag everything back to the level of common sense. [...] Did the collapsing buildings on 9/11 look like they were being demolished? Then they must have been demolished. Did the 757 that hit the Pentagon's blast-proof walls fail to make a plane-shaped hole? Then it must have been something else. Are there unexplained quirks in the official story? Then it must be the work of a higher power. [...] Conspiracy theorists want to see [...] a malevolent design behind events. The notion that calamity might be the unintended consequence of subtler causes doesn't hold the same appeal. Evil, whatever its other uses, drives a great narrative. Complexity, not so much.

  27. #87
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    They grounded all planes. Know how you know which one is the bad one? Well, for starters, you have air traffic control wondering why the guy on the radio just turned into a fundamentalist who isn't listening to their directions to ground. That's the one you shoot. Two, there is no flight whatsover allowed over Pentagon airspace. The second the notion of a national attack via aircraft comes into play the fucking jets come out. This is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  28. #88
    Coachella Junkie Blinken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,685

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    They grounded all planes. Know how you know which one is the bad one? Well, for starters, you have air traffic control wondering why the guy on the radio just turned into a fundamentalist who isn't listening to their directions to ground. That's the one you shoot. Two, there is no flight whatsover allowed over Pentagon airspace. The second the notion of a national attack via aircraft comes into play the fucking jets come out. This is ridiculous.
    It took hours to ground all the planes. they don't just magically land once the order to ground air traffic gets issued. Remember the second attack was at 9:03 am and the attack on the Pentagon was at 9:37. Before the second attack everyone thought it was isolated incident. so you have 34 minutes between the two attacks not an hour like you said. That is not enough to ground any air traffic, or identify other planes that have been highjacked to shoot down, then get presidential approval and shoot it down.

  29. #89
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    15,988

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post



    -have a cookie!

  30. #90
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: 9/11 conspiracy theories

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    They grounded all planes. Know how you know which one is the bad one? Well, for starters, you have air traffic control wondering why the guy on the radio just turned into a fundamentalist who isn't listening to their directions to ground. That's the one you shoot. Two, there is no flight whatsover allowed over Pentagon airspace. The second the notion of a national attack via aircraft comes into play the fucking jets come out. This is ridiculous.
    If only chaos was always this simple...

Similar Threads

  1. Vegetarians Have Better Sex: The Conspiracy
    By BlackSwan in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 353
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 01:25 PM
  2. conspiracy to riot
    By catsandhats in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 09:29 AM
  3. The Builiding 7 conspiracy theorists on to something?
    By faxman75 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 09:09 PM
  4. Conspiracy theories
    By faxman75 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •