Thread: I Have 2 3-day tickets plus 2 camping passes

Talking I Have 2 3-day tickets plus 2 camping passes

ummm for me and my wife. hahaha

Procrastination is like masturbation...It feels good until you realize you're screwing yourself
    "my ovaries are bigger than your testicles"

"Procrastination is like masturbation...It feels good until you realize you're screwing yourself"

Default Re: I Have 2 3-day tickets plus 2 camping passes

haha that's mean.

i hope you fall through the porto-potty's toilet seat. twice.

everything's unnecessary.

Why because I knew since last year that I would be going this year and set the money aside? Thats around 9 months to save the money to buy tickets. All these people crying about "my next pay check," had 18 pay checks to set the money aside. That's under $19 a pay check, IF these people were remotely smart. Everyone knew it was coming in Jan, and those that were ready are holding tickets or confirmations. To all the rage fans, ngh most of the Coachella goers didn't want you there anyway.

"Procrastination is like masturbation...It feels good until you realize you're screwing yourself"

where's the love?????

get over yourself. i've got tickets, just not the passes. plans fell through. everyone's got their reasons. kudos to you if you saved and now have nothing to worry about, yet.

i'm a newbie, never been there before, but i'm sure as hell it's grown exponentially every year. hell, they even added another day, so you know not everyone has known about the concert since a year ago or made plans.

AND YES, i am there primarily to see Rage, but hello! - they were there back when Coachella was still a baby!!!!! just because i like rage doesn't mean i have no other excellent musical taste. i'm there to see many other awesome acts otherwise i wouldn't have bought the 3-day pass, kid.

c'mon, quit the hating! haha, quit farting negativity!

but my farts smell like roses.

No hate, camping passes pop up easier than 3 day passes, so don't worry. People find other people that are going that have hotels, and sell their camping passes. Just post here, on craigslist, Coachella's myspace page, and keep an eye on ebay. They will turn up, there is over 2 months until Coachella.

Default potpourri? that's what they all say!

i guess i could sell my possibly-extra 3-day pass ticket and make a profit. but i'm not like that. i've had to buy "scalped"-like tickets before and it bites for us REAL fans. i don't know what i'm gonna do yet. i hope they release some in the future...

Have you sold the 3-day pass already? I desperately need one.

Lurker

I will buy your camping pass! One problem I'm from Toronto and how are we gonna set this up? ANyways, I can't tell my GF that the camping is sold out or she's gonna kill me.

Thanks,
    Corey
    -We Comin' From Canada-
    http://myspace.com/coreywebers

I am telling everyone, just keep watch on the various places for tickets (here, ebay, craigslist, myspace, newspaper etc...). Contact the sellers that want way over the real price, and make an offer $50 over retail value after tm fees. Most will move on the chance, scalpers wont. BUT, tell them(scalpers) to keep your information, and if the tickets are not sold closer to the event date, you are still interested. I have done this months in advance, and have been contacted a day or 2 before an event and got tickets for 1/2 or 1/3 of face value. Watch ebay auctions, and keep an eye on sellers feedback ratings. Those with high ratings are better to buy etickets/ticketfast, but always read through the feedbacks.

If you are local, or not from to far away(1-3hrs), show up at the venue. Do not dress all GQ, and split your money into different pockets. Depending on the ticket price, I usually have $40-60 in one, and $80-100 in the other. For Coachella, I would offer $50 for a single, or $200 for a 3 day. But always be prepared to pay over face value, IF you get desprite.

I have gone to various concerts and sports events doing this. A few examples.......
    Marilyn Manson at the Wiltern, I got 4 GA tickets for $90, and the face value was around $80 a ticket after fees. I contacted various sellers on ebay, and 2 days before the event I was contacted. The seller/scalper had really high feedback and nearly all was from tickets in the form of ticketfast, so it was safe to get ticketfast tickets.

I also got 4 tickets 10 rows back from 3rd base for a sold out Angles game. It was the same way on ebay, from a seller/scalper with many season tickets. It was a safe bet, and I got the tickets for $42, after the ticketfast fee from the ticket exchange. The retail price was around $40-60 a seat. I am not a baseball fan, but my brother-in-law said they were very good seats.

I also got amazing seats to Madonna's last concert by contacting sellers on ebay/craigslist. I was 2 seats away from the 2nd stage, and was within 3 ft of Madonna. The retail price was $375 a ticket, and I got each ticket for $100. They were better than the seats I paid $180 for the night before. Two tours before, in 2001 I was given a free ticket to see her, from some man I didn't know. I tried to pay him, but he didn't want money and he refused my offer to buy him food/alcohol. AND NO, he was not wanting sexual favors in return....lol. The way he just gave the ticket to me was so kind, and to this day, when I score extra tickets I give them away.

I also got 2 tickets for Gwen Stefani w/ M.I.A. opening on her last tour via ebay the same way. The tickets were in lower loge, the second section from the stage, about 10 rows up. I believe the retail was $70-80 a ticket, and I got them for $30 for the pair. A scalper needed to unload them, and I got them 3 days before the event. I guess he had 20+ tickets for the event and he was not going to be able to show up to the actual venue to sell the rest. I checked his auction, and he ate at least 12 tickets.

Recently, I got 2 second row floor near center stage tickets for the Dixie Chicks for only $60. The retail was about $110 after fees per tickets. I contacted various sellers, and told them that I would buy the tickets last minute if they did not sell. I provided my name, email, and phone number, and told them I had cash, but not a lot of cash. I went to the venue an hour away, with a fully charged cell phone, money in different pockets and a lot of hope. I showed up 2 hours early and I was approached by many scalpers, I told them how much I had (the lowest amount in one pocket), and all said no way. Some offered tickets in bfe, or said to come up with more money. I kept waiting and I was approached by 2 guys and they told me what seats they had (front floor, near center, row 2). They wanted at least $80 per ticket, and that they were waiting for someone to show up. So we went are different ways. About 30 min later I walked up to them and said that I knew my offer was low, but if the other buyer doesn't show up, and it is really close to the start time, to consider my low offer. Another 45min later, one of the guys walked up and I was now the proud holder of two amazing seats.

So the lesson is.............

1) email/contact as many sellers as possible with an offer, be nice, and provide your info (first name, cell, email). Earlier is better!!!
    2) When they reply with no, reply and ask them to save your info. State that you can be contacted last minute, if they have not gotten rid of the tickets. Let them know that you need to know at least x hours in advance to allow traveling time.
    3) If it has been a few months or weeks, send a reminder email with your info and what you are interested in.
    4) During this time watch auctions/post as often as you can, and try to bid if its in your range. Post messages that you are looking for tickets, on various message boards, craigslist, myspace, etc.... However, make sure to delete any old postings. If you do not, sellers will believe that there are more buyers then there really is and not want to drop the price.
    5) If you have not got tickets and it is the day of the event. Show up to the venue as early as possible!! Many times tickets are released the day of the event, and they are really good seats. If you don't want to wait, buy them, if you don't mind waiting, you may save a lot of money. Once again, do not dress really nice (just casual), if you want, bring a change of clothes and leave them in your car. Have money in 2 or 3 pockets and make a small offer first, then work your way up, if you want. The closer it get to the start time, the more motivated the sellers are. Many of the best deals can be had, shortly after the concert starts. However, you can also pay more. If you play it mellow, and dont get all worked up over tickets, you will pay more. Also make sure you bring a print out of the seating chart, so that way you know what you are getting. And no, this does not apply to Coachella, its all GA.

Any questions, just ask

did u just say u saw the dixie chicks

Talking Re: I Have 2 3-day tickets plus 2 camping passes

Quote Originally Posted by longbeach90803 View Post
    did u just say u saw the dixie chicks
    lol, yes. Just because they are anti-Bush, I went to support them. They lost fans on what was said, so I supported them for what they said. The music is not bad, and I really do not care for country music. The concert was amazing, and I almost got kicked out for have a F@CK BUSH poster.

Bush. Great street in San Francisco. Even better president.

hooray for the most worthless thread ever.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI_GRL View Post
    lol, yes. Just because they are anti-Bush, I went to support them. They lost fans on what was said, so I supported them for what they said. The music is not bad, and I really do not care for country music. The concert was amazing, and I almost got kicked out for have a F@CK BUSH poster.
    Dixie Chicks blow.

5 bucks they don't even vote.

$6 says they do