Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 45464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1623

Thread: The Official Boxing/MMA thread

Default Re: The Official Boxing/MMA thread

^ Word. I believe it is a big mistake for them to have UFC on all channels like Fox, Fuel, Spike, FX etc... just too much. I use to love the exclusivity and the shock value it use to hold when there was only like 4 or 5 events tops a year. I agree almost every fight now is billed as "FIGHT OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Idk what do I know about running a multi million dollar industry. Evidently they are doing something right.
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

Yeah, but the question is for how long?

You remember that thing everyone use to be in to? Yeah, me either.

Big Nog interview after his surgery.
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...-Surgery-40031
    Last edited by marooko; 02-10-2012 at 10:11 AM.

After repeated attempts to get her friends attention about the small octagon, meanwhile being told it was a hexagon and not an octagon, it was time for jokes.

It is a small octagon. It's so small its only got six sides.

I almost rolled down the stairs I was laughing so fucking hard.

Turns out that Canelo Alvarez will face Shane Mosley for the WBC 154 title on the Mayweather vs Cotto undercard.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    Turns out that Canelo Alvarez will face Shane Mosley for the WBC 154 title on the Mayweather vs Cotto undercard.
    Now that is a great undercard match up. I hope Canelo wins it. Canelo vs Julio Cesar anyone?
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1

The Nevada Athletic Commission is having a presser today and an open forum. (I think it's today) They will be discussion the decision on Nick Diaz and the open forum will be pertaining to rule changes, they will be listening to what people think should be added. With that said, what would you like to see changed? Discuss.

I say bring back the knees to a grounded opponent!! (knees to the head)

California will be looking in to this as well on April 9th.
    Last edited by marooko; 02-22-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Coachellas '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (W1&2), '13 (W1&2)

Quote Originally Posted by hippityhip View Post
    Now that is a great undercard match up. I hope Canelo wins it. Canelo vs Julio Cesar anyone?
    That would be a great fight but if it doesn't happen soon, like in the next year or two, it just won't happen. The issue is the weight.

Chavez Jr can make 160 (Middleweight) but seems to be outgrowing that weight division. He comes in on fight night weighing 180! Thats 20 pounds overnight.

Canelo on the other hand, makes 154 fairly easy and could probably make at least 150 no problem. He was a welterweight (147) and is pretty much filling out to be a solid junior middleweight (if he isn't already).

I would've liked to see Canelo taking on Cotto for the junior middleweight tittle but Mosley is cool too. Solid fight.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    That would be a great fight but if it doesn't happen soon, like in the next year or two, it just won't happen. The issue is the weight.

Chavez Jr can make 160 (Middleweight) but seems to be outgrowing that weight division. He comes in on fight night weighing 180! Thats 20 pounds overnight.

Canelo on the other hand, makes 154 fairly easy and could probably make at least 150 no problem. He was a welterweight (147) and is pretty much filling out to be a solid junior middleweight (if he isn't already).

I would've liked to see Canelo taking on Cotto for the junior middleweight tittle but Mosley is cool too. Solid fight.
    Agreed.
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    The Nevada Athletic Commission is having a presser today and an open forum. (I think it's today) They will be discussion the decision on Nick Diaz and the open forum will be pertaining to rule changes, they will be listening to what people think should be added. With that said, what would you like to see changed? Discuss.

I say bring back the knees to a grounded opponent!! (knees to the head)

California will be looking in to this as well on April 9th.
    Head stomps and soccer kicks to the head of a downed opponent.
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1

Btw does anyone here have a membership to UFC Gym? I have one near by but not sure if it's worth the money. Any thoughts on this?
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1

WOW!
    Local boxer Tim Bradley of Cathedral City who trains at the Boys & Girls Club here in Indio, signs 5 million dollar contract for a dream fight against Manny Pacquiao. I've trained at this gym in the past but my lazy ass hasn't been for years now. Yup I'm gonna have to dust off the gloves and hit the gym so I can make an appearance on HBO'S 24/7 reality series LoL!

Physical Tim Bradley has Manny Pacquiao's attention
    11:36 PM, Feb. 22, 2012 | Comments

Written by
    Leighton Ginn
    The Desert Sun

BEVERLY HILLS — While Timothy Bradley and Manny Pacquiao were playing nice during Tuesday's news conference, trainer Freddie Roach threw some verbal jabs in the media about Bradley's head.
    “We're fighting a guy who is aggressive, comes to us, uses he head a lot, uses his elbows He's a very physical fighter,” said Roach, considered the top trainer in boxing and the subject of a five-part HBO documentary. “I think Manny is going to look great in this fight.”
    Pacquiao, the fighter of the decade in the 2000s, is taking on the undefeated Bradley (28-0) on June 9 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
    Before the fight was booked, Roach called Bradley a dirty fighter because of the head-butts that ended two fights.
    Bradley had his victory over Nate Campbell overruled to a no-contest because of an incidental head-butt, and his fight against Devon Alexander was stopped after 10 rounds because of another incidental head-butt. Bradley won the Alexander fight by unanimous decision.

Roach has been focusing on Bradley for a long time. First as a fan, and then as a possible opponent. First, Bradley was in negotiations to take on one of Roach's other star fighters, Amir Khan.
    So Roach has studied Bradley for a while. And beyond working the referees through the media about the head-butts, Roach said there's something pay attention to.
    “He's a very hard, hard guy,” Roach said. “I see him bang heads with guys and the other guy in excruciating pain, holding their eyes and so forth, and he's walking around like nothing.
    “He doesn't feel pain that way. I was brought up the same way, never to show pain.”
    Pacquiao was working toward a mega-fight against Floyd Mayweather, but negotiations fell apart when Mayweather would agree on a 50-50 split.
    “Mayweather called us out then three days later he wants a 70-30 split,” Roach said. “He knows how to protect himself. He knows that's a deal-breaker. Did he really call us out? No. Is he too worried about losing? Yes. If he has a loss on his record, he can't say he's better than Sugar Ray Robinson anymore.

“I think losses make people better fighters. If he loses, he might be a better fighter and win the rematch. Who knows. He's full of excuses and in my opinion he's afraid to fight Manny Pacquiao. That's it.”
    Asked if Pacquiao is waiting to retire until a fight is made with Mayweather, Roach responded, “I won't say until because we might have to wait until we're 50 at this guy's pace.”
    On Tuesday, Roach said it was nice an undefeated fighter was not afraid to face Pacquiao, an unveiled jab at Mayweather.
    Bradley said he thinks Roach is worried about the fight. In fact, Bradley said he was a little surprised he even landed the fight, as Juan Manuel Marquez, Miguel Cotto and Lamont Peterson were also considered.
    “Honestly, I think a lot of people feel this is a dangerous fight for Manny. This is not going to be a walk in the park,” Bradley said. “I'm young, I'm hungry and I'm determined. Manny hasn't seen a fighter like myself and my caliber in a very long time. He's faced some top guys but they were past their prime. I'm right in my prime. I'm physically sound, I believe in myself, I believe in my ability, I believe I can beat him. That's the reason why people should tune into this fight.”

The spelling and grammar in that article are atrocious. I initially thought it was translated from a Filipino website/newspaper. Nope, it's apparently from the Indio newspaper. Shameful.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/2E...&minorcatid=33

Link for tickets for Pacquiao vs Bradley. All the $200 tickets are sold out, so it is $400b (plus some fee's) to get in the door.

Helio Gracie Biography. After pressing play, press CC for English Subtitles.

I want to say Tim Bradley can win this fight with Manny Pacquiao but I just don't see him hurting Manny throughout the fight. I do give him a chance because of Bradley's weapon of choice, his head. He has a hammer head and can make this fight real ugly. It's hard enough getting a decision against Manny now days though. Just ask Juan Manuel Marquez.

So nothing about this past weekends fights? Not even the comeback from hell? The "controversial" main event decision? The head-kick that put Lauzon to sleep? Anything?

I was busy so wasn't able to catch them. From what I read the main event decision was so close it could have been justified either way it went. I heard about the kick on Lauzon, gotta see a gif or video of it when it pops up. What was the comeback from hell?

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    So nothing about this past weekends fights? Not even the comeback from hell? The "controversial" main event decision? The head-kick that put Lauzon to sleep? Anything?
    Those uppercuts from Tim Boetsch were ridic.

Sexyama's sweeps were super sexy.

Pettis' striking is nuts. So crisp. Lauzon sadly got caught.

SUPER SAMOAN!

Sadly the only exciting thing from Rampage/Bader:

I think Bendo deserved the win. In addition to the upkick he attacked several submissions and just beat up Edgar. He barely looked touched at the end of the fight.

Bonus from the Facebook Prelim

Mayweather says he doesn't want to give Manny a 50-50 split. Manny already agreed to drug testing. I'm not saying Mayweather is a coward, because anybody who goes in that ring isn't, but to me it's just another sign that he doesn't want to fight Pacquaio.

That was a sick arm-bar. I felt a jolt of pain when I saw it bent the wrong way. Rousey is no Joke.
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

Saw that match last night and i dont know how her arm was still attached at the end of the match.

Gracie Breakdown for Tate/Rousey

Jump to 2:58 for the action...