Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1623

Thread: The Official Boxing/MMA thread

Default Re: The Official Boxing/MMA thread

Coachellas '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (W1&2), '13 (W1&2)

Pretty good night of fights. Don't really care for Bisping so I'm glad he lost, but I was kind of hoping he would win also. Could have been another great highlight knockout. Evans looked pretty good, hopefully he and Jones wil finally fight. I know they're supposed to in April, but that fight was supposed to happen a while ago already.

The Maia fight was boring in my opinion, the other 2 were a lot more entertaining. I think Bisping won the first 2 rounds and lost the 3rd, but Sonnen/Silva 2 will be good. I think Anderson Silva will come in even more prepared than last time. I think Rashad Evans looked good, but not good enough to take out Jon Jones. All in all a good card for free.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 01-30-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Yeah, the Maia fight was pretty lame. The prelims were pretty ok also, they aired on FX I think. Maybe Fuel, I forget.

You folks excited about this weekend or what? Should be a good night of fights overall, couple fights I'm excited for. Curious how Nelson/Werdum is gonna turn out. Pretty sure Diaz/Condit will turn out like most Diaz fights, but I'm really excited about it anyway. Hope Condit comes in prepared and not afraid. Definitely has potential to be a great fight! Also excited about Jorgensen/Barao, and as for Koscheck/Pierce, I hope Koscheck gets laid out. I just don't like him, he's not as good as he thinks he is.

Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit
    Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum
    Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pearce
    Renan Barao vs. Scott Jorgensen
    Ed Herman vs. Clifford Starkes

I don't follow the sport as closely as I would like to so I can't call the last 2 outside of a random guess. I agree that Koscheck needs to get laid the fuck out, I hate that guy. Every time he opens his mouth it's just crap falling out.

I'm always excited for a Nick Diaz fight and Conduit is no slouch either. If Werdum/Nelson is a ground battle that could be really interesting. I don't know if I want to watch those two "slug it out." Hope KOS gets KO'd like his boy Fitch and looking forward to watching that Renan Barao dude. He's a motherfucker.

Quote Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
    Conduit]
    I like how this always shows up. HAHAHAHAHA!!! It just never dies and is always funny. Plus, I never know if it's a joke, an honest mistake or just a misunderstanding. Either way, it always make for a good laugh.

From a USA Today article:

Nick seems to have a hard time saying your last name right; after the Penn fight, kept saying "Conduit." Does that bother you at all?

No, it doesn't bother me. Honestly, I've heard that since I was a kind. My dad, my uncle and my grandfather are all electricians; it's a construction term, kind of. It's something I've heard since I was a kid. It doesn't bother me; I don't care.

He'll pronounce my name right after I beat him, though.

Man it just gets better and better. HAHA!

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Roy Nelson is one tough son of a bitch! Never seen anyone take punishment like that and last so long. I think Koscheck lost, but that's why you can't leave it to the judges. Main event was pretty entertaining but I think it was a lot closer than the scorecards made it out to be. I gave Diaz the first 2 and the 3rd, but whatever. I hope he doesn't retire, too much skill to just go away.

I thought Koscheck lost as well, but I'm pretty bias considering I can't stand the guy. I saw it more as a split in the main. While Diaz was aggressive, he was missing a lot of his shots. And as for Nelson, the guy is just a freaking savage. Hopefully Werdum thinks he can stand with Dos Santos. HA! Anyone see the "Karate Kid" lay that fool out? Saw it on facebook, I think they played it at the end of the PPV as well. Or maybe they just played the other finish. Pretty nice submission of the night as well. Good card all around.

That Karate Kid kick was sick. I was watching the prelims on spike when they showed it.

This picture made me lol. I did think Condit looked like a bitch and Diaz should've won the fight though.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

Holy shit! REMATCH!!!

http://http://espn.go.com/mma/story/...ays-dana-white

Just several days after defeating Nick Diaz in a UFC welterweight interim title bout, Carlos Condit has agreed to a rematch, promotion president Dana White said late Tuesday night.

"The rumor is true," White said via Twitter. "Carlos did accept the fight today."

Condit defeated Diaz by unanimous decision Saturday night at UFC 143 in Las Vegas. He used solid footwork and head movement to elude Diaz's pressure attack, while delivering counter-strikes to impress the judges.

After the scores were read, Diaz expressed disappointment with the judges' scorecards (48-47, 49-46 and 49-46) by vowing never to compete in mixed martial arts again.

"I'm not going to accept the fact that this was a loss," Diaz said. "I pushed him back the whole fight. I took him down. I think I'm done with this MMA. It's been a good time.

"I don't need this. I pushed this guy the whole fight. I landed the harder punches. He kicked me a few times."

Diaz (26-8, one no contest) wasn't the only fighter disappointed by the outcome.

Current UFC 170-pound titleholder Georges St. Pierre expressed his desire to fight Diaz and wanted him to come away victorious. St. Pierre was slated to face the Diaz-Condit winner in a unification bout later this year.

Diaz, the former Strikeforce welterweight champion, has been verbally taunting St. Pierre for months. The two were scheduled to meet in Saturday night's main event, but St. Pierre suffered a torn ACL in his right knee in December and pulled out of the fight.

St. Pierre expects to resume full training in July. He has targeted November for his return to action.

Condit (28-5) was originally scheduled to fight St. Pierre, but agreed to step aside for Diaz. That goodwill gesture did not prevent fans from criticizing Condit after the fight at Mandalay Bay Events Center.

Many mixed martial arts fans expressed their disagreement with the result, booing Condit during his postfight interview inside the Octagon.

UFC has not yet set a date or location for the Condit-Diaz rematch.

I think Condit looked like a bitch in that fight. If we're lucky, this time he wont spend the majority of the time running.
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

Should be interesting to watch this one develope. I think the only reason it's happening is the UFC wanting Diaz to stay around and this was the only way other than putting him in a title match with GSP despite the loss.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 02-08-2012 at 01:53 PM.

What a pussy ass motherfucker. Diaz should just go to Hawaii and circle jerk with Penn while they wipe each others tears.

Eblue, would you stand and trade with Diaz? Considering how often its worked out for his opponents, it would be the best way to go about it, no?

I hope GSP fights Diaz, regardless of the rematch outcome. It's gonna be nice to see him soundly defeated similar to GSP/Penn two. Sitting in the stands, you could hear Penn's head hitting the mat from the elbows in round 3 and 4. I'm sure though, that would just bring another greasing accusation. Bitches be whining when they lose.
    Last edited by marooko; 02-08-2012 at 12:02 PM.

I had a few issues with the fight that I think will be emend in a rematch. The first was the judging. The rematch has to be in another state! The NSAC can suck balls. They scored the first 2 rounds to Condit, when Diaz was clearly the better of the 2. If Nick had fought the way he fought in rd.1 through out the fight, according to the judges scorecards, he still would have lost.

My 2nd problem was Condit's running. That's not a type of fight anyone wants to pay $60 for. He wasnt trying to finish the fight, It looked more like he was trying to stay alive. Condit was scared and you can see it. Granted, I wouldn't want to be standing across from that caveman Diaz either. Conidit's stick and move gameplan worked great for him, Its the only way he was going to win, but it also made for a lame fight. From the get go, we knew how Diaz was gong to stand up and throw some heavy fist. Condit was on primetime saying he wanted a fight. All we got was a track meet.

It's a competition. A fight. You do what you can to win. Standing in front of Diaz hasn't won many people any fights. It may not have been very entertaining visually, but it was a well executed game plan. Hopefully in the rematch, Condit is more confident and counters more often. Keep the lateral movement, just counter more. It was effective, now just amplify it.

Look at Silva vs. Franklin, Silva vs. Forrest, Diaz vs. (pretty much fill in the blank). Standing and trading with these superior strikers might make for an entertaining knockout, but it's a really stupid career decision.

I'm listening to The Sherdog Radio Network right now and I heard them say "...The Diaz brothers don't think you can win a fight running backwards." I believe this is true of them, I also believe their fans feel the same way. Which is why you hear and read some much bad talk about Condit. I personally don't think that's true. I think you can win a fight moving backwards, or laterally, the same you can win a fight off your back. Just because someone is aggressive, doesn't inherently make it effective.
    Last edited by marooko; 02-08-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Diaz/Condit rematch no longer happening.

I have a feeling that Diaz is going to hold out for more money.

*just read this:

Cesar Gracie tweeted:
    “We greatly appreciate our fan support. Everything will be out soon. Nick would rematch in a heartbeat. No extra money needed. He is a true fighter and fights for his team and you fans.” Gracie also confirmed that with MMAJunkie.com that Diaz is indeed not taking the fight.
    Also, the NSAC is reporting that there was a fighter at UFC 143 that tested positive for something. I wonder if these stories have anything to do with each other?
    Last edited by ElBlueblazer; 02-09-2012 at 02:35 PM.

So it turns out, Diaz tested positive for weed. Not a surprise since hes an avid smoker. It looks like he won't be fighting in Las Vegas for a long time.

http://http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/2/9/2787871/nick-diaz-tests-positive-for-marijuana

Feb 9, 2012 - The Nevada Athletic Commission has confirmed that Nick Diaz tested positive for marijuana at UFC 143 and will face disciplinary action, almost certainly canceling his planned rematch with Carlos Condit and throwing his future into question.

"Mr. Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites. A complaint for disciplinary action against Mr. Diaz has been filed," Nevada Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer wrote in a statement distributed to the media.

After losing to Condit by unanimous decision, Diaz was expected to get a rematch before it became clear that there was an issue with Diaz's drug test. Now Diaz is likely to be suspended at least six months, and possibly longer because he's a repeat offender: Diaz was also busted for marijuana after his upset submission victory over Takanori Gomi in Pride, and that result was subsequently changed to a no contest.

Diaz's future is in doubt not only because the Commission may suspend him, but also because the UFC may decide he's more trouble than he's worth. UFC President Dana White has repeatedly lamented Diaz's refusal to "play the game," and if Diaz can't pass a drug test at the biggest fight of his career, the UFC may not trust him to participate in big fights going forward. There's also the matter of Diaz's post-fight comments, when he said he doesn't know if he even wants to fight anymore.

It's also unclear what will happen with Condit, who was declared the interim welterweight champion for his victory over Diaz. At the moment it appears likely that Condit will sit out until Georges St. Pierre has sufficiently recovered from knee surgery and can return to the Octagon, which is tentatively planned for November.

This thread is pretty much all MMA now. What happened to the boxing fans??

I try to watch boxing but I cant get through it. I watched that Julio Cesar Chavez Jr fight the other night and was bored out of my mind. That kid is nothing like his Pops.

What a dumb fuck! I try to like the guy, then he cries about BS, and gets busted again for smoking pot. Fucking guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    This thread is pretty much all MMA now. What happened to the boxing fans??
    I actually enjoyed the last quarter of boxing in 2011. Solid match ups from October till the end of 2011 on HBO. I'm actually starting to get really fucking sick of MMA right now. It is EVERYWHERE. I mean come on Dana White 30+ events this year? I miss the days that I actually looked forward to watching UFC. Yes I know that when something is more popular we get hit with a barrage of material. But fuck man MMA is going the way of dubstep. It's in everything from movies, commercials, on every weekend.... ok that's my rant. So I am sticking to boxing this year minus major fights in UFC.
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

Quote Originally Posted by ElBlueblazer View Post
    I try to watch boxing but I cant get through it. I watched that Julio Cesar Chavez Jr fight the other night and was bored out of my mind. That kid is nothing like his Pops.
    It was a little slow. The last 3 rounds were pretty awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by hippityhip View Post
    I actually enjoyed the last quarter of boxing in 2011. Solid match ups from October till the end of 2011 on HBO. I'm actually starting to get really fucking sick of MMA right now. It is EVERYWHERE. I mean come on Dana White 30+ events this year? I miss the days that I actually looked forward to watching UFC. Yes I know that when something is more popular we get hit with a barrage of material. But fuck man MMA is going the way of dubstep. It's in everything from movies, commercials, on every weekend.... ok that's my rant. So I am sticking to boxing this year minus major fights in UFC.
    I've been feeling this way for a while. I'm getting use to it a little, but I feel that it's only a matter of short time before the MMA hype is over-force-fed to the masses and it returns to the dark days. I might almost like that more. It baffles me that people who supposedly "love" the sport are turning it in to pro wrestling and saturating everything with it. It can't be unknown to these people that Joe Schmo gets tired of seeing the same shit too often.

And why the fuck is the Diaz/Daley fight talked about like some crazy shit? Like it's insane what Diaz did to him. Daley is a mediocre MMA fighter. Great Muay Thai practitioner, but it ends there. He got served. Hasn't done much before then and hasn't done shit after.
    Last edited by marooko; 02-09-2012 at 05:48 PM.