Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Boxing/MMA thread

Default Re: The Official Boxing/MMA thread

Watch his 3rd fight with Jason Delucia where he punches his liver until it breaks.

I saw that one. he kicks it a couple times too doesn't he? That's the one where Jason says he got kicked in the nuts and Bas is saying..."Jason, tell the truth." right? Fucking awesome!!! That's why i wanna see more. hahaha.

Yup that is the one. The look in Jason's eyes when the got the second to last liver shot was hilarious. Dude looked like he legit wanted to shit his pant. I don't know why fighters don't use the liver shot or the short palm strikes any more?

Seriously. It seems to me that it is very effective. He totally looks like he might poo. Like he wants to cry or something. Insane!

Have you guys seen "The smashing machine"? The Mark Kerr story. Some really great classic MMA with Bas, Mark Coleman. Do you ever watch Bas on Inside MMA on HD Net. What a cool guy Bas is. That would be a guy I would like to have a beer with. I would love to hear more of his stories of bouncing in Amsterdam.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    How am I not in here for discussion. I watched the pay per view. I think it's silly for the MMA fans to discredit Wrestlers or villainise them based on their backgrounds and then expect the atheletes to not react to the poor receptions they get. Wrestlers can compete in MMA. Many have and more will in the future. You can't take this honor shit seriously.
    Wrestlers and Sambo masters do well in MMA and come into the sport with a great foundation. Dana White once said he didn't want Sambo practitioners or wrestlers in the UFC because they are boring and they just "lay on each other".
    In the west we would call Bushido sportsmanship. I do take sportsmanship seriously, and all real athletes should.

I saw the Mark Kerr story about 3 years ago. I loved the part about Mark telling Bas if he could teach Ricco a lesson while they were training. When he threw away a good 60 bottle of steroids and some needles in that dumpster it was surreal to see how much shit he has taken. He really fucked up his life with all of his demons.

Quote Originally Posted by boboso View Post
    I saw the Mark Kerr story about 3 years ago. I loved the part about Mark telling Bas if he could teach Ricco a lesson while they were training. When he threw away a good 60 bottle of steroids and some needles in that dumpster it was surreal to see how much shit he has taken. He really fucked up his life with all of his demons.
    And that crazy women was like a stone around his neck. I hope the pussy was worth it.
    Ricco had some schoolin comin' for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    You have access to awesome MMA. Check out Dream and Sengoku. Also, Valkyrie. The last one is womans MMA.

I don't hate the UFC for putting MMA in the forefront. I hate that they're making it seem like the new WWE. The drama for me is the fighting, not some fuck face acting like an ass on a mic. but thats just me.
    The fact is Brock won and he won handily. He gets booed and he didn't get money from Bud so I support his entertaining antics all the while kicking ass. Sounds like a bunch of cry babies that don't dig it and today Shane Carwin cried on his blog about Brock and how it wasn't very sportsman like.

In a barbaric sport of ass kicking it's funny to listen to complaints from people who don't like the attitude of a guy who came from Pro Wrestling and just dominated an opponent at the UFC's biggest event.

Those that don't like WWE guys entering MMA should be ashamed of themselves. You should be welcoming all the biggest and best fighters in the world to bring the level of competition up. The MMA diehards must be embarassed that the joke of entertainment is making such an impact on their "sport".
    I like it when it's something like Evans and Rampage doing a quick little trash talk session. That's enough Drama. The short leadup to Bisping and Henderson was enough Drama. I feel like Brock doesn't know he no longer has to act.

I have no problem with former WWE fighters working their way into the UFC I just think they should realize they aren't in the WWE anymore and they prove themselves with fighting and not antics. Brock did prove himself a good fighter. I definitely respected his skills in keeping Mir down and pounding the hell out of him.

I think a big problem with the UFC(as someone said on the next page. It sucks being in another time zone and getting behind) is that Dana White wants these big guys pounding on each other the whole match. I'm so disappointed when people boo when they are being technical on the ground. I love watching GSP and Machita work and they will often either lay on the ground or simply dodge attacks. It's technical and that makes it more interesting. That said I also like watching Franklin's punching.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by DJdharma View Post
    Wrestlers and Sambo masters do well in MMA and come into the sport with a great foundation. Dana White once said he didn't want Sambo practitioners or wrestlers in the UFC because they are boring and they just "lay on each other".
    In the west we would call Bushido sportsmanship. I do take sportsmanship seriously, and all real athletes should.

I guess we will agree to disagree. I think it's silly to expect manners from people who beat the shit out of each other. I've always been a fan of players in all sports who wear their emotions on their sleeve or act like the overgrown children they are since they are basically adults playing kids games. Dennis Rodman, aj pierzynski, T.O., and so on. Mohammed Ali wasn't any less great because of how he acted before and after his fights towards his opponents.

I wouldn't call what TO and Rodman do, "wearing their emotions on their sleeves".

I guess we will agree to disagree. I think it's silly to expect manners from people who beat the shit out of each other. I've always been a fan of players in all sports who wear their emotions on their sleeve or act like the overgrown children they are since they are basically adults playing kids games. Dennis Rodman, aj pierzynski, T.O., and so on. Mohammed Ali wasn't any less great because of how he acted before and after his fights towards his opponents.

There are definatly two camps, both sides feeling they drive the sport to higher ground.
    I accept this. I accept you as an equal MMA fan.
    For myself, I strive to be a complete adult, a man in full.

Fax if you like guys that talk shit then you will love the Diaz brothers. They never stop talking shit about there opponent even when they get soundly beat by them. They talk shit during the middle of their fights and its pretty cool to hear. Plus both of them are very exciting fighters to watch.

I think they react both on and off the court with their emotions. I think emotion is exactly what you see with their animated personalities. This is how they act out. Like kids when they go through frustrating or stressful times, they act out. I think it all comes from being more emotional than most. That's not to say there aren't other emotional players but these guys react impulsively rather than rationally.

Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    I like it when it's something like Evans and Rampage doing a quick little trash talk session. That's enough Drama. The short leadup to Bisping and Henderson was enough Drama. I feel like Brock doesn't know he no longer has to act.

I have no problem with former WWE fighters working their way into the UFC I just think they should realize they aren't in the WWE anymore and they prove themselves with fighting and not antics. Brock did prove himself a good fighter. I definitely respected his skills in keeping Mir down and pounding the hell out of him.

I think a big problem with the UFC(as someone said on the next page. It sucks being in another time zone and getting behind) is that Dana White wants these big guys pounding on each other the whole match. I'm so disappointed when people boo when they are being technical on the ground. I love watching GSP and Machita work and they will often either lay on the ground or simply dodge attacks. It's technical and that makes it more interesting. That said I also like watching Franklin's punching.
    im diggin what you're saying. i didnt like Machida at first, but after realizing how effective he was, how do you not like that. the guy doesnt get hit, and is able to finish fights. its insane.

I guess we will agree to disagree. I think it's silly to expect manners from people who beat the shit out of each other.
    why? do you know how educated some of these fighters are? sure, you have some guys like rampage, who pretty much admittedly says he cant read well. i guess in a way, you might see them how i see some people on the board.

A lot of times the trash talk is a technique to psychologically get to their opponent. We've seen it backfire though on Bisping. Oops! Maybe he should have been a little quieter.

I like the technical fighters that most people find boring. People were hating Machita but he's getting more popular.

Did you see the Damien Maia/Jason MacDonald fight? That was one of the best ground battles I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    why? do you know how educated some of these fighters are?
    I wasn't questioning any of their intelligence. Manners and sportsmanship don't have anything to do with smarts. Some of the most sloppy, rude and obnoxious people I know are doctors and lawyers. I don't see the point of expecting people who are beating the shit of eachother to have good sportsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    A lot of times the trash talk is a technique to psychologically get to their opponent. We've seen it backfire though on Bisping. Oops! Maybe he should have been a little quieter.

Exactly, it can go both ways and it's certainly used in promotion of the fights whenever it's there.

I don't have much of a preference in fighting styles. I like seeing different fighters use different styles and techniques.

I have a question. Do they reuse the mat? I mean, I watched the entire PPV and I don't know if they show the fights out of order or what but it didn't matter, that mat was bloody the entire time. It led me to believe that it was painted that way in advance. There was a lot of blood on that mat and I didn't see too many fighters bleeding all over it. I would think it would start out clean.

the blood came from Mac Danzig. and from my understanding, the mat isnt re-used.

I don't understand, all of it? when? There was blood all over that mat the entire ppv. It was never clean! How can it start out bloody?

there are usually about 8-9 fights. About 4 on the "undercard". these fights are usually not aired, unless they have time. the blood came from the undercard fights. mainly mac danzigs head.

i wasnt saying "you" didnt understand.

I know you weren't. I was saying I didn't understand. Now I do. I dind't realize there were bloody unaired undercards.

the question mark made me think that.

but yeah, there are always undercard fights. they arent always as bloody as these were, though.

Sportsmanship is needed in any sport, in baseball when you get beat did you not still walk the line and give the entire other team a high five out of common courtesy? Durring the countdown to UFC 100 Thiago Alves was saying he has a lot of respect for GSP and that's why he wants to beat him, so he becomes the man. Brock Lesnar on the other hand said that re respects no other fighters, he said he didn't even respect Couture, which in my opinion means you don't belong. The sport is all revolved around martial arts and ancient sports that are based on things like respect and sportsmanship, so to say it's ok for Brock to not have respect is a contradiction of everything the arts he practices are based on.

PS: Sorry for bringing up topics that we just got off but i missed the conversation.

It's nice and polite but it's competition and you don't need it in order to succeed. Saying a fighter doesn't belong in a sport where you kick eachothers ass bloody because he doesn't have "sportsmanship" is ridiculous.

If you want your sport to succeed, then you want the best fighters no matter what their etiquette is. I was entertained watching him dominate the fight.

The UFC and Dana can pretend they don't like it but at the end of the day they fucking love it. People talking the day after is what it's all about to them. More stories and press, the more interesting and the more money. If you think the UFC or any other 'brand' of mma isn't about the money, you are mistaken. Which is yet another reason the sportsmanship argument is silly. It's all about money, power and greed in this world. If you want honor, then I don't think you will find that in any pro sport or televised competition. Owners have decided a long time ago that money trumps everything in just about every sport.

no reason to fight it.

HeHeHeHeHe

The UFC and Dana can pretend they don't like it but at the end of the day they fucking love it. People talking the day after is what it's all about to them. More stories and press, the more interesting and the more money. If you think the UFC or any other 'brand' of mma isn't about the money, you are mistaken. Which is yet another reason the sportsmanship argument is silly. It's all about money, power and greed in this world. If you want honor, then I don't think you will find that in any pro sport or televised competition. Owners have decided a long time ago that money trumps everything in just about every sport.
    Dana doesn't care about the shit talking, he's let other fighters like Tito, Frank and the Diaz brothers talk shit to their opponents all the time. What pissed Dana off is that he talked shit about the main UFC sponsor and that is a no-no in any sport. If Brock didn't do that he would have been praised by Dana for getting the crowed so into what he was saying.