Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 49505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1623

Thread: The Official Boxing/MMA thread

Default Re: The Official Boxing/MMA thread

Great fight indeed...Lawler's eye roll after the takedown said it all about where the decision was headed.

Looking forward to a rematch. Hopefully we'll get a Gatti/Ward like legacy with these two.
    April: Weekend 1
    May: I Break Horses, Armin Van Buuren, Gesaffelstein
    June: Low End Theory Festival, World Cup in Brazil - USA vs. Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by jgafs View Post
    Great fight indeed...Lawler's eye roll after the takedown said it all about where the decision was headed.

Looking forward to a rematch. Hopefully we'll get a Gatti/Ward like legacy with these two.
    I'd love to see the fight again, but it'll have to wait for at least a year and a half. There is too many good fighters in this weight class to just overlook them. Condit(bummer about the injury), MacDonald are up there as well. Woodley is there too, problem is in how he beat Condit. Lombard looked impressive in round 1, but after that he looked like a fighter who doesn't take his profession seriously. He gassed the fuck out!

Woodley hurt Condit's leg with the first kick, then his leg wasn't able to maintain. Woodley won that fight, not in the best manner, but Condit didn't just lose it. One of my favorite fighters, he'll be back.

I REALLY wanna see Woodley v. Hendricks. Lombard really dominated but even his corner was shouting at him, telling him to "keep fighting". I don't know if he gassed or was just securing the win. He deserves a shot but no doubt Woodley v. Hendricks is a sick match up: two elite wrestlers who'd rather throw down.

Lombard v. Woodley would be great to watch as well. Both around 5'9 and built like bricks.

Though his conditioning sucked, Lombard's Judo seemed pretty tight...Some of those trips and throws against Shields were downright comical.
    April: Weekend 1
    May: I Break Horses, Armin Van Buuren, Gesaffelstein
    June: Low End Theory Festival, World Cup in Brazil - USA vs. Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by jgafs View Post
    Lombard v. Woodley would be great to watch as well. Both around 5'9 and built like bricks.

Though his conditioning sucked, Lombard's Judo seemed pretty tight...Some of those trips and throws against Shields were downright comical.
    If Lombard works on his conditioning, I can see him being a force in this division. He is so strong, I have never seen Shields be controlled that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    I'd love to see the fight again, but it'll have to wait for at least a year and a half. There is too many good fighters in this weight class to just overlook them. Condit(bummer about the injury), MacDonald are up there as well. Woodley is there too, problem is in how he beat Condit. Lombard looked impressive in round 1, but after that he looked like a fighter who doesn't take his profession seriously. He gassed the fuck out!

Here are my picks for fights to make. Honestly, welterweight is way too fun right now. Lots of possible fights and they all are awesome.

Lawler vs Diaz II

Lombard vs Rory

Hendricks vs Woodley

or

Rory vs Diaz

Woodley vs Lombard

Lawler vs Hendricks II

Honestly though, Woodley deserves the shot. He was beating Condit handily before the injury happened. Hurting him on the feet with big right hands and then taking him down at will. Woodley vs Hendricks is an awesome matchup and I love the storyline about their Big 12 days. Excited to see how the division turns out.

But for the love of god, make Diaz fight twice before he gets a title shot. This dude cannot retire after every loss and get an immediate title shot with every time he comes back. Put him on a co-main with Rory in Canada and call it a day. That's a great fight. The potential rematch between him and Lawler is also very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Here are my picks for fights to make. Honestly, welterweight is way too fun right now. Lots of possible fights and they all are awesome.

Lawler vs Diaz II

Lombard vs Rory

Hendricks vs Woodley

or

Rory vs Diaz

Woodley vs Lombard

Lawler vs Hendricks II

Honestly though, Woodley deserves the shot. He was beating Condit handily before the injury happened. Hurting him on the feet with big right hands and then taking him down at will. Woodley vs Hendricks is an awesome matchup and I love the storyline about their Big 12 days. Excited to see how the division turns out.

But for the love of god, make Diaz fight twice before he gets a title shot. This dude cannot retire after every loss and get an immediate title shot with every time he comes back. Put him on a co-main with Rory in Canada and call it a day. That's a great fight. The potential rematch between him and Lawler is also very interesting.
    with Diaz retiring every time he gets punched in the puss, I don't think he deserves an immediate title shot in any way. with Lawler coming off a loss, and Diaz bringing his ball back, that's really the only fight at this weight class I would actually get excited about. That's not to say the others don't interest me, they just don't get me as excited.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post

Lawler vs Diaz II

Lombard vs Rory

Hendricks vs Woodley

or

Rory vs Diaz

Woodley vs Lombard

Lawler vs Hendricks II

Hendricks is out for at least 6 months with an injury. None of the savages in the welter weight division are getting a shot anytime soon. Let them duke it out tourney style. These fight you have could make a ferocious 1st round.
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    GGG and Andre Ward would be a dream come true, but I culd see that being put off for a year. Hopefully Ward works out the BS with his promoter
    Reports say Chavez Jr vs GGG is in the talks and close to being done. If it does, it would be a hell of a fight. Maybe even fight of the year candidate. If it does get done, Arum has said it'll take place at the Great Western Forum this summer. I'd rather see this matchup instead of GGG vs Ward. Ward at this point should move up already to 175. He already cleaned out Super Middleweight.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    Reports say Chavez Jr vs GGG is in the talks and close to being done. If it does, it would be a hell of a fight. Maybe even fight of the year candidate. If it does get done, Arum has said it'll take place at the Great Western Forum this summer. I'd rather see this matchup instead of GGG vs Ward. Ward at this point should move up already to 175. He already cleaned out Super Middleweight.
    It's great to have the Forum back hosting boxing. I'll probably get my first look in May at JMM-Alvardo.

Pac or Brad?

Pac is the smart choice but I'm rooting for Bradley. If he boxes effectively, he could pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    Pac or Brad?
    Gotta favor the guy who won the first fight...Pac.

in your opinion, or officially?

I dislike that boxing fans have moved in to MMA, mostly because they brought their "the fight was fixed" mentality.

ESPN, not the Ocho, will be televising Klitschko-Leapai and Stiverne-Arreola II.

Anybody have a link?

Great, great fight. One of the best Mayweather fights I've ever watched. Terrible decision though. Floyd may have won by a round... but 117 111 is atrocious. Judging in Vegas and Texas is sooooooo sketch.

Also, lol at Beiber next to Money in the post-fight interview.

Good fight. Maidana impressed me. I thought he would get stopped on cuts or tko'd in the later rounds but he fought the smart fight closing the distance and jabbing effectively when he wasn't throwing it lazy.

The fight i would like to see is Floyd vs Porter if the Pacquiao fight can't get made.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Mayweather throws half as many punches yet lands 9 more. This is the first fight I've missed of his in a few years. I'd be nervous for Floyd if they rematched.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Good fight. Maidana impressed me. I thought he would get stopped on cuts or tko'd in the later rounds but he fought the smart fight closing the distance and jabbing effectively when he wasn't throwing it lazy.

The fight i would like to see is Floyd vs Porter if the Pacquiao fight can't get made.
    Porter would be an interesting opponent at this stage of Floyd's career, but I don't see it getting made.

Maidana rematch and/or a Khan fight seem like they're the next.

Mayweather won the fight, but it was not 117-111, closer to 115-113. Shit far as I can tell it was a draw. Great fight, and i'm sure Showtime and everyone involved will push for a rematch.

EDIT- The most impressive fighter of the night was Khan though. Collazo is a formidable opponent and he made him look like an amateur.
    Last edited by Sushov23; 05-05-2014 at 08:34 AM.

Agreed. Collazo couldn't deal with the speed. Only time he got a chance to get his punches off was when Khan stood in front of him and when he did, after the round he got an ear full from Virgil Hunter.

I wouldn't like a Maidana rematch. Not necessary. I'd rather see Floyd fight Khan or Porter. Hell, even Keith Thurman. I know he's unproven but at least he looks physically gifted. Of course Pacquiao should be that guy next in line but we all know politics and bitter feuds are blocking that fight from being made.

Agreed. Collazo couldn't deal with the speed. Only time he got a chance to get his punches off was when Khan stood in front of him and when he did, after the round he got an ear full from Virgil Hunter.

I wouldn't like a Maidana rematch. Not necessary. I'd rather see Floyd fight Khan or Porter. Hell, even Keith Thurman. I know he's unproven but at least he looks physically gifted. Of course Pacquiao should be that guy next in line but we all know politics and bitter feuds are blocking that fight from being made.
    A Maidana/Mayweather rematch is necessary though. Mayweather didn't win that fight clean, and if he doesn't make a fight happen with Pacquiao or a rematch with Maidana, his stock will drop. I agree with you though, I'd love to see him fight Khan. When Khan/Mayweather was first brought up, I was happy about it. Khan is one of the few fighters that has the speed, and hands to keep up with Mayweather, his chin is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    A Maidana/Mayweather rematch is necessary though. Mayweather didn't win that fight clean, and if he doesn't make a fight happen with Pacquiao or a rematch with Maidana, his stock will drop. I agree with you though, I'd love to see him fight Khan. When Khan/Mayweather was first brought up, I was happy about it. Khan is one of the few fighters that has the speed, and hands to keep up with Mayweather, his chin is something else.
    Let the rematch happen if Maidana can wear his puckers gloves. Some horse hair cleto reyes gloves.

I get you. The khan matchup for floyd looks dangers for Floyd. I know Khan doesn't have the chin but Floyd isn't the biggest power puncher either or hunts for knockouts anymore so the idea of a flash knockout for Floyd doesn't seem that likely. On the other hand, Khan has speed and footwork so it could get complicated.

Who do you guys have this weekend? Alvarado or Marquez? I think Marquez is going to get his ass handed to him.

No way. Alvarado is a fighter who is most affective when he comes forward, a style that fits Marquez's counter punching style. And Alvarado is coming off a brutal knockout loss where he was really hurt. Not to mention that he doesn't have one punch knockout power and isn't very fast either. Only way he wins is if somehow Marquez gets old over night and at age 40, its possible.

Maidana Vs Mayweather II, whoop! I expect Mayweather to win a bit easier this time around, but I'm happy he did the right thing.

Should be a good fight. Hopefully Maidana can adjust enough to make it even more competitive than the first fight.

Going to UFC 175 this weekend!!!! It's an awesome card. I'm beyond excited. I have only been to one UFC event (UFC 52) and it randomly had one of the best fights of all time (Hughes vs Trigg). I still remember Hughes taking Trigg across the entire cage and slamming him to the mat. Ridiculous. Been wanting to go back ever since.

From the ESPY's...

The Mayweather entrance was stupid, but whoever decided to put Mayweather and Sharapova on the stage together...nicely done.