Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Un-official Camp Alone Group

Default The Un-official Camp Alone Group

PAGE UPDATED 4-7-09!!!! (nothing new today...)

THIS GROUP WILL BE MERGED WITH THE OFFICIAL PROCRASTINATORS GROUP.
    iTS IN THE WORKS BUT THIS WILL BE UPDATED EVERY DAY TILL A COMBINED FORUM IS MADE. THIS WEEK ILL SEND OUT MY CONTACT NUMBER AND TRY TO GET EVERY1 ELSES!!!

***http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29228 ***

hey, so i guess the Official camp alone club isnt taking any more members...=(

But, Is anybody camping out and going alone? it'd be nice to meet some other cool solo-coachellagoers. Trade stories, get advice, have backup in case there's a riot/zombie attack after the Killers set. Sound good to anybody?

*****4-2-09***
    Hey, very busy week you guys, but im back to finalize the plans for the group. Ill update the member list tonight, and I posted new info on page 2.

****UPDATE 4-3-09******

ok so i looked at everybodys info and realized this:
    (not including moderators of other groups)

The people coming Thursday:
    Kel22
    hailtothetheif
    Toruga
    Still-Ill
    NYC-to-COACHELLA
    Gabriel321
    Slapuinpublic

So we'll need to meet up and secure space for the group and for the members coming friday

2)The only people coming from the same area are from LA, maybe they should plan a car-pool. they are:
    Jetynext
    Still-Ill
    slapuinpublic

3)most of us want to see these bands:
    Fleet Foxes
    Tv on the Radio
    Crystal Castles
    Chemical Brothers
    and The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

With that being said, next week I'll try to get us all to trade contact info, and maybe I'll try to contact every again to get to know every1.

Couple more questions:

How will we Identify ourselves/tents (posters, glowsticks? corndogs)
    Who will have a car?
    Who Drinks?

Reply on the board, not my PM, so i can get everything together quicker.
    Ill send a PM for the contact info though next week.

Ill be updating every day till coachella, so check here often
    Last edited by Nightmare000r; 04-07-2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Update!!!!

Default Re: The Un-official Camp Alone Group

Hey!
    I'd like to join, I'll be coming from seattle, solo!

as of right now, I'm all alone - can I join?
    I'm coming from orange county

cool, sent u guys msg's

I'm also alone I'd love to join. Flying in from Hartford.

Woooo, Orange County!

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

you guys are welcome to join up with one of the existing groups that're taking members. dance all weekend is the one I'm running, I think there's a "flying solo overflow" group, and a "non partying" group... just browse a bit.
    my camp group is also listed as a social group you can join.
    either way, see you all in the desert!

lol im guessing every1 else got into one of the other groups. SPREAD THE WORD EVERY1

Hey
    Can I join, am coming to Coachella on my own, will be my first coachella. Am coming from Vancouver, am English but over in Vancouver on a work holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare000r View Post
    hey, so i guess the Official camp alone club isnt taking any more members...=(

But, Is anybody camping out and going alone? it'd be nice to meet some other cool solo-coachellagoers. Trade stories, get advice, have backup in case there's a riot/zombie attack after the Killers set. Sound good to anybody?

Hello everyone!!!

I might be coming alone this year first time alone and Ive been every year since 99. Friend might bail out on me since his finances are really bad right now. Let me know if there is a meet up time or anything at the campgrounds. I plan on being there Thurs. around 1 in the afternoon

Hey you guys, i sent all of you emails and spoke to most of you online already. Seems to be becoming a pretty good group. Everybody seems really cool. We dont NEED to all like hang out the entire time, but when your alone its nice to know a few other people to give you a heads up about things, and hang out/party with. THanks to Frozen Pilgrim for that invite. And we can go chill with the other groups too. Hopefully a few more people will join up, but if not, whatever man. either way, we're all gonna have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    you guys are welcome to join up with one of the existing groups that're taking members. dance all weekend is the one I'm running, I think there's a "flying solo overflow" group, and a "non partying" group... just browse a bit.
    my camp group is also listed as a social group you can join.
    either way, see you all in the desert!
    Flying Solo is full and not currently accepting anybody... neither is PAW or CAA...

is this the same group as Dance All Weekend group? can i join?

its not the same, but yea u can join us dude. i emailed every1 to start getting info

email me too! coming from Sydney..

Hey this is my first Coachella. I am coming from BC canada and looking to meet up with a group also. I am arriving at the palm airport around 1 pm on thursday

Hi,

My name is Conor and I from Ireland. At the moment I am working as a bartender in D.C.
    Coachella will be my first big U.S. Festival and I want to enjoy it with like minded people, lovers of life and music.
    Please Please sign me up to the group.

Regards,
    Conor

Happy St. Patricks Day!!

I might be coming alone; my friend is on the fence (as was I until yesterday. ). Can I join the group? It would be my fourth coachella, I'm driving down from SF on Thursday (meaning i'll probably be late, maybe even as late as 1am), and I'm hoping to have a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by pash_87 View Post
    email me too! coming from Sydney..
    pash i thought you were with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    Flying Solo is full and not currently accepting anybody... neither is PAW or CAA...

is this the same group as Dance All Weekend group? can i join?
    how the hell does a group become full? elitist fucks.

emailed everybody so far, the group seems to be coming along pretty well. i'll try to talk to everybody as soon as i can

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    how the hell does a group become full? elitist fucks.
    When over 100 people have already joined up, and the people "running" it would also like to have some fun during the weekend rather than spending the whole time organizing and helping people set up.

Can I join please?? Pretty please

Lurker

count me in guys. you look like you need some european flavor 21 yr old dude from bulgaria originally, living in the sf bay area for the last two years. this is my 3rd coachella and my first camping experience. looking to have a blast and meeting tons of new people.
    Last edited by VVV1988; 03-16-2009 at 07:42 PM.

Hey you guys, we have 14 motha fuckin members!! anyway, im gonna start making groups on facebook/myspace or whatever to keep everybody posted possibly wed this week. Yogangsta (the creator of the Camp alone overflow group) wants to know if we want to merge together, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Nightmare000r; 03-16-2009 at 08:45 PM.

also, next week i'll start having better contact with all of you, trade some info, and start making plans for everything. any questions msg me here (or facebook is you traded names with me)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare000r View Post
    ... Yogangsta (the creator of the Camp alone overflow group) wants to know if we want to merge together, what do you guys think?
    If the logistics are workable (without being too chaotic) the more the merrier. And if the numbers are too unmanageable to organize one large group, perhaps we can simply reserve group camping spots beside each other. To do that, I think all we'd need is a count of confirmed campers in our 2 groups, and an early arriver to secure the real estate. I'm going to PM some of the vets and hard cores as well-- I recall reading that they placed all the groups side by side last year, in one massive group camping area.

I'll keep in touch with Nightmare000r and your group, and let's see what we can work out.

Hellllllooooo,

My name is Justine. I'm not entirely sure if I will be attending Coachella but I would definitely like to try to get to know some people who will be going, if I knew people that would be there I would be so much more willing to go. I would be camping alone which would be...lonely.
    Anyway, just a couple of things about me: I'm 18, I'm from arizona, and the main band I want to see at coachella is throbbing gristle. Haha...I sound so lame...whatever, anyway...kthxbye.
    "Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time."
    -Viktor E. Frankl

Hiii!!! Can I join this group!!!!? I 'll be campin alone this year... coming from OC...so if anybody needs a ride hit me up!

Quote Originally Posted by yogangsta View Post
    If the logistics are workable (without being too chaotic) the more the merrier. And if the numbers are too unmanageable to organize one large group, perhaps we can simply reserve group camping spots beside each other. To do that, I think all we'd need is a count of confirmed campers in our 2 groups, and an early arriver to secure the real estate.

Yup, we're going to try to arrive when the campgrounds open to secure our spots, and I think some of the other groups are doing the same. It would be great to have all our groups next to each other.

What we've done in the past is have a confirmed count and a list of names (first names, board names, whatever) to show, as they are understandably a bit hesitant to give out so many spots. We've also PM'ed PF once we have our final count. She's not in charge of the camping side of things but we figure it doesn't hurt to give GV a heads up about what we're planning to do.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post

Yup, we're going to try to arrive when the campgrounds open to secure our spots, and I think some of the other groups are doing the same. It would be great to have all our groups next to each other.

What we've done in the past is have a confirmed count and a list of names (first names, board names, whatever) to show, as they are understandably a bit hesitant to give out so many spots. We've also PM'ed PF once we have our final count. She's not in charge of the camping side of things but we figure it doesn't hurt to give GV a heads up about what we're planning to do.

I'll be there early on Thurs as well so we can possibly set up an area for all of us to camp in... I've camped the last 3 years so I'm pretty good at navigating around the campsite