Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When your friends bring mystery friends: The Thread

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Default When your friends bring mystery friends: The Thread

Have you ever gone to Coachella and one of the people in your crew brought some wackass friend but they were all like "No way dude this friend is totally sweet" and then when you get there they start freaking out and they're like "Fuck you dude I'm gonna leave early and get a flight home this sucks!" and you're all like "Who the fuck brought this guy?"

This thread is for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Default Re: When your friends bring mystery friends: The Thread

Haha I your threads.

But I have never had that happen to me.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

It's one thing to just SAY that ... it's another thing to share your mystery friends story.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

I rented an RV 2007 w/ my roomates and one of them brought a high school buddy of his. He said he knew him for ages and such.... blah blah blah. His awesome dildo of friend made me never want to stay in an RV in such close quarters with anyone again. He decided it would be funny to climb into bed with me naked so when I woke up I would think we slept together. Never in my life would I even want to have fucked him let alone shake his masterbatorial hand. Needless to say the rest of the weekend he slept outside on the pavement. I had the last laugh when he woke up in the blistering Indio sun with such a bad sunburn he missed Sunday cuz he couldn't move. Naked that asshole!!
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13...

MJA, just the title made me laugh.

Does it have to be just Coachella related stories? I got plenty of those "who brought that guy" stories.

Quote Originally Posted by MantisMel View Post
    . He decided it would be funny to climb into bed with me naked so when I woke up I would think we slept together.
    *crosses off the list of funny things I was gunna do to you over the weekend*

I have a story like that, sort of.

Somebody's stupid fucking mystery friend went completely insane at a weekend festival and literally ran off on us. Several hours later, we finally found her, just in time for her to vomit spectacularly all over everything and then pass dead out. This was about four o'clock on Saturday afternoon. Although I confess I was sore tempted to just heap some mud on her and leave her where she was, we heroically carried/ dragged her to the medical tent where she got her stomach pumped. We then ran as fast as our wellied legs could carry us.

I don't even know what her name was, so I can't even swear at her properly. She might not still be alive.

Couple years ago when I was watching the Sonic Youth show: A group of about 4 white guys had a very skinny and very tweaked out african american boy with them. At first they were all just kicking it enjoying the show, then the black kid started smoking rock and generously passed the piece to the other guys. I could tell everyone of them was apprehensive about it, but did it anyways. It was great watching as they white guys just kind of looked slightly scared the whole time while the kid they had with them was dancing all over each one of them and freaking out to the music.
    I couldn't help but think at the time that the situation with them was just as this thread is about.

I thought this was a thread about having your real friends meet your internet friends. How do you explain that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherita Chen View Post
    I thought this was a thread about having your real friends meet your internet friends. How do you explain that?
    I still haven't figured out the best way to do this, because at some point in the conversation, it's doomed to become apparent.

Cuz it's like kinda embarrassing right?

To the person you're introducing, yeah. But to be honest, I'm beyond the point of embarrassment in that regard. I am a tragic, tragic nerd.

Come back to me when you have to introduce Internet Friend A, from Board A to Internet Friend B, from Board B, both of whom know you primarily by different lame usernames.

Whoaaaaaaa

That's kinda funny! I mean, I definitely giggled

back in 2007 i went with this guy i worked with who only had a ticket for friday. i had a three day pass. we were camping in joshua tree and he was just gonna go off hiking and dirt bike riding and whatever. sat morning rolls around and he cant find his 300 dollar camera and freaks out about something work related. he decided he didnt want to be there anymore and was driving home. meanwhile im standing there going "okay wtf am i supposed to do?" luckily my friends had a hotel rrom down the way so i stayed with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Angry Re: When your friends bring mystery friends: The Thread

i am guilty of once bringing a mystery friend to a music festival. i told her about 3 weeks prior that i was going to lollapalooza, and she was all about it. "cmon let US do it it will be so much fun for US i will drive US" .. i never really liked this girl from the moment i met her, but put up with her somehow, and have even confided some pretty personal stuff to her. i dont really know how that all works. so i felt bad about saying NO you cant come because she was over at my house all the time and i thought i would save money going by car vs. train to chicago. i was wrong about that, and just wrong about bringing her in general. i wasnt giving her any attention because my 2 best friends, who had moved down to key west a few months ago, were visiting chicago and i was basically just talking to them and kinda leaving her out of the conversation. i don't know how much this exclusion might have contributed to her little episode the next day, but basically, at the festival, during gogol, she ends up disappearing. we wonder where she is for awhile but dont really care. ends up that shes laying down on the dirt ground next to the fence in the corner of the venue, completely exposed to the sun. WTF. she says shes having a blurred vision attack and looks really out of it and i DO feel bad at this point. i ask her if she needs anything, food, water, doctors, whatever. i tell her she should probably get into the shade but she says shes fine. i know shes not really but what can i do? i end up being kinda disappointed with my friends from key west (another story), so i end up making my sole mission to get as close as i could, by myself, for radiohead who closed that stage that night. generally, she just didnt really fit in. and i didnt do much to facilitate that. we also think she mightve snagged some of our rolls.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    To the person you're introducing, yeah. But to be honest, I'm beyond the point of embarrassment in that regard. I am a tragic, tragic nerd.

Come back to me when you have to introduce Internet Friend A, from Board A to Internet Friend B, from Board B, both of whom know you primarily by different lame usernames.
    I have had to do this a number of times actually. I'm a member of several artist forums and at San Diego Comic-Con every year i'm totally in that position hahaha

In 06 my buddy flew out and brought his new boyfriend who made the car ride so intolerable that at one point I had to pull the car over near the windmills, get out, go around to his door at the back, drag him out of the fucking car and kicked him for about three minutes straight while explaining that I had absolutely no problem with leaving him there to die.

His boyfriend kicked him a little too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

what was he doing/saying?

I couldn't begin to describe the six hours of incessantly annoying things he was saying. But the reason it came to a head like that is that he just wouldn't respond to commands to stop talking. His boyfriend and I were both yelling at him to just shut the fuck up as we were trapped in a hot car in traffic for nine hours and he was constantly, constantly, constantly lisping the most irritating bullshit.

Eventually, I told him that if he didn't start shutting the fuck up I was gonna pull over and beat the shit out of him. It literally took five seconds before he said, "are you sure we're going the right way?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTRUCK View Post
    *crosses off the list of funny things I was gunna do to you over the weekend*
    Even if you didnt cross it off your list of hilarious pranks. And lets say you went through with it anyway to have a funny story to share at the water cooler the following week, my punishment of making you sleep outside wouldn't suffice. I think it was you who fell asleep ON TOP of your tent last year. LOLzzz!
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13...

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

in 2005 i had what was advertised as a "suite" that was supposed to have three beds, a fold-out couch and a kitchen. instead, this "suite" (deluxe inn in indio) had three twin size beds and a loveseat that did not fold out. we had planned on a bunch of people staying in the room, so this sucked. this sucked even more because the people who owned the place watched it like a hawk and wouldn't let us have any extra people. we called the floor people to let them know the situation and asked if they still wanted the floor even though the room sucked, and they said yes.

luckily there was a couple that was also going to be staying with us, but not arriving until the next day so we told them to just use their money to find another room. the hotel had also charged us additional fees for a remote and some sort of deposit. all this meant i was out a bit of money since the whole thing was a few hundred dollars all together.

at the last minute, my BFF at the time had these three girlfriends that wanted to get rid of their hotel since they couldn't afford it and just wanted to crash on our floor. i said fine and that i'd only charge them $30 a piece and i also put their room up on the coachella boards and facilitated in getting rid of their reservation to help them out since they were broke. i had charged everyone else like $80 a piece since they were getting beds., but i only asked for $30 from them since they were sleeping on the floor.

well, they saw how crappy the suite actually was and decided they didn't want to stay, but then they came back and slept on the floor. the next night they did the same thing, they came by, realized how much it sucked and then went to find another room. sunday night they ask me for a refund. i had already lost money since i had to tell the one couple to leave, so i couldn't give them a refund. i literally had used the money from the hotel as my spending money for coachella, so it wasn't possible. i mean, i might have been able to do something when they arrived if they had said they were just going to get another room, because then the other couple could have stayed and i would have had the money to cover it, but as it was i was already out money.

they then started threatening to fight me via text and phone on our way back to the hotel. i told them they could come over and beat my ass all they wanted, but it wasn't going to make a difference. i not only didn't have the money, but i had gone WAY out of my way to help them and didn't feel this was justified. it was $30 freaking bucks a piece and they technically did sleep there, so wtf?!?!?

eventually they came over in the morning as we were all getting ready to leave and tried to act tough, but there was nothing i could do. they didn't fight me thankfully, but the whole thing was fucking retarded and made me feel stupid for trying to help them in the first place. i've learned to keep the hotel situation as small as possible and to not help out friends-of-friends like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

these stories are why I ride solo

Quote Originally Posted by MantisMel View Post
    Even if you didnt cross it off your list of hilarious pranks. And lets say you went through with it anyway to have a funny story to share at the water cooler the following week, my punishment of making you sleep outside wouldn't suffice. I think it was you who fell asleep ON TOP of your tent last year. LOLzzz!
    I never even set my tent up Mel. I sleep in chairs most nite, pretty much where I fell. One nite I guess I passed out in mikes tent, nothing like waking up in a random dudes tent.

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

these stories are why I ride solo
    planning on ditching us huh?

I see how it is...

This thread is hilarious btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

Quote Originally Posted by Donaldj View Post
    planning on ditching us huh?

I see how it is...
    I am giving you guys rides but I am still there solo. I am not responsible for sheltering you or taking care of you guys. We may all ride in the same cars but we are all solo when it comes to the weekend.

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

I am giving you guys rides but I am still there solo. I am not responsible for sheltering you or taking care of you guys. We may all ride in the same cars but we are all solo when it comes to the weekend.
    Nice save...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

I went to a rave in the early 90's with some close friends and a few of their tangent friends. We downed a brilliant cocktail of who knows what, and one of the girls kind of lost her grip on reality and logic. She spent much of the evening trying to hump random men. She would go up behind them and just start having fun. Unfortunately, there were a few random girlfriends and boyfriends connected to these random men and by the end of the evening there were at least a half dozen people looking for her to kick her ass. They kept coming over to me because I was a regular and they had seen me with her. I would just throw up my hands and happily declare, "She's not my problem."

She wasn't a pretty girl which makes the story a bit more tragic in a sense. Nobody was enjoying her attention.

I later heard that she had suffered a nervous breakdown about a month later after having spent that month straight taking E and acid every day.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I went to a rave in the early 90's with some close friends and a few of their tangent friends. We downed a brilliant cocktail of who knows what, and one of the girls kind of lost her grip on reality and logic. She spent much of the evening trying to hump random men. She would go up behind them and just start having fun. Unfortunately, there were a few random girlfriends and boyfriends connected to these random men and by the end of the evening there were at least a half dozen people looking for her to kick her ass. They kept coming over to me because I was a regular and they had seen me with her. I would just throw up my hands and happily declare, "She's not my problem."

She wasn't a pretty girl which makes the story a bit more tragic in a sense. Nobody was enjoying her attention.

I later heard that she had suffered a nervous breakdown about a month later after having spent that month straight taking E and acid every day.
    Awesome story.
    No really,