Thread: Stanford to Coachella & back

Lurker

Default Stanford to Coachella & back

Hi all,

I'm leaving Stanford on Thursday for the festival, returning Monday. Staying in Palm Springs. Anybody want to share gas & driving there and back?

Email: gregbernard@yahoo.com

Default Re: Stanford to Coachella & back

hmmmmm...
    I assume you have a car to take. How many seats? How many people do you intend to bring from Stanford?

I'm across the bay in Berkeley and have a couple friends who plan on going and we haven't figured out a ride situation yet...

I'd like to just discuss options with you/anyone, assuming our opposing colors don't pose a threat to this possibility.
    LIL' B

Lurker

Yeah, I guess I could have been a bit clearer. I have a 02 Toyota Tacoma. Four door full size cab. Its a four seater, well five, but four is more comfortable for a long trip. I'm looking from anywhere from one to three others for the trip there and back.

I take it none of those 3 extra seats are reserved yet?
    and where are you staying in Palm Springs? i imagine we'd be relatively bound to where you stay overnight. I'm from Riverside so I'm either flying into Ontario on thursday and going back and forth from my house with my suburban and friends. then flying back up monday morning.

also, the main reason we want a car is to expand the capacity and extent of our southbound provisions. would that be a problem?
    LIL' B

Lurker

Nope, none of the seats have been taken. Just posted this thread this morning while I am home taking care of a sick daughter. Staying at the Motel 6 Palm Springs. No real idea where it is located besides Palm Springs, but from the sounds of it you would know better than me.

As far as provisions, whatever fits in the bed of my truck, fits. I travel light but its a short bed with a tool box so there is not unlimited room.

hmmm well this seems pretty ideal, considering it's $130+ for a round trip flight, and the gas would be split 4 ways. I was looking into renting a van, but split 6 ways it's about $30/person for the whole weekend. Seeing as I am a starving student, saving money is the most ideal; but I suppose that's probably the goal for everyone.
    I just checked rates and it looks like it's $80/night at Motel 6. Idk if you'd want to share a room on Sunday night to make the cost cheaper and departure smoother.
    LIL' B

Lurker

Yep, just trying to save cost and some driving. I've done the trip a few times now - thought it would be better to not have to do the whole thing myself.

As for the hotel, I already booked a room, single full size bed only. Figured I'd better grab it while I can. That and I'm going to see if my buddy from San Diego is heading up for it. Sort of doubt that though.

I'm also looking to skirt as much of LA as I can this year. Times past, its taken me longer to get out of LA as it did to drive the Grapevine home. Seriously. Let me know if you know of a better route.

Alright. So I have 3 friends (4, really, but that's entirely your Comfort's call) willing to get on board with this carpool.
    Here's a hypothetical and ideal (for my friends and I) situation:
    You pick us up from Berkeley between 3 and 6pm on Thursday 4/16. We take the 5south until L.A., switching driving responsibilities as needed.
    The 5 becomes the 210 as it cuts along the outside of LA through Glendale/Pasadena. We then take the 57 to the 60. You drop us off in Riverside and continue on the 60 until it hits the 10 and you're on your way to Indio/Palm Springs

The route, without stopping in Riverside, goes 210>57>10 instead of 210>57>60>10
    It's about a 20-minute detour and we wouldn't need to be picked up until you were coming back along the 10 on Monday morning.

Once again, this is the absolutely ideal situation for my group. If you have a problem picking us up from Berkeley or dropping us off in Riverside, we could pay more/figure something out.
    But yeah, I think this hypothetical situation looks pretty solid.
    LIL' B

LIL' B

how sweet, the cardinal and the golden bears are getting along in this thread.

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubby View Post
    how sweet, the cardinal and the golden bears are getting along in this thread.
    It is rather uplifting to witness, isn't it?
    GO BAY AREA.
    LIL' B

Lurker

if there is a spot for one more i totally need a ride...will help with gas money. I live in Campbell, CA