Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: edc and monster

Hybrid View

Default edc and monster

boys noize, martinez brothers and shinichi osawa as well as paul oakenfold confirmed for edc.

john o callaghan and pete tong for monster 09

Default Re: edc and monster

where did you find this information?

PO was confirmed a while ago

hopefully go ventures and insomniac learn how deal with crowd control.

lame

I would love to see Schinichi there again and Boys Noize i have seen entirely too many times and will be at Hard a couple months before, which i will be at so i hope he isn't there. It wouldnt surprise me since he was sick and couldnt show up last year. Paul oakenfold is whatever, i would catch it if nothing i rather see was on at that time. Monster Massive is just too far away to call and Pete Tong played last year so not so likely and i think John O Callaghan played last year too.

oh and why would you have to pick one EDC is in June and Monster is in October the real question in my opinion is HARD Haunte Mansion or Monster Massive, and if HARD has a line up like last years, it will be no contest.

I wonder if insomniac and go events are ever going to start mixing things up a bit. Every single Massive/TAO/EDC has elements of the lineup which are so predictable. I bet that 70% of the artists are recycled for each one. Its like they have had the same weak-ass roster for the last 5+ years.

Hard is much better in terms of artist variety, but nothing beats the vibe in the sports arena.... I love that place. All the EDC's (at the LA Coliseum) are total clusterfucks.

Quote Originally Posted by thizzin my brains out View Post
    I wonder if insomniac and go events are ever going to start mixing things up a bit. Every single Massive/TAO/EDC has elements of the lineup which are so predictable. I bet that 70% of the artists are recycled for each one. Its like they have had the same weak-ass roster for the last 5+ years.

Hard is much better in terms of artist variety, but nothing beats the vibe in the sports arena.... I love that place. All the EDC's (at the LA Coliseum) are total clusterfucks.

Audiotistic will bring together some good artists.
    www.audiotisticfestival.com
    Last edited by heyeric; 02-25-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Saw Shinichi's set last year. Good stuff. I wish he'd do a regular club gig instead. I hear his asking price is pretty high.

Yeah but the coliseum is awesome! I was tripping so hard going down the steps

Quote Originally Posted by leo01g View Post
    Yeah but the coliseum is awesome! I was tripping so hard going down the steps
    first time i rolled at a massive was edc 07. 2 pills kicked as i was walking down to the field. i couldn't get down those steps fast enough. i was trippin out haha

yeah I love the Coliseum as well, being a lifelong SC fan and going to games since I was a kid, however the crowd control is a clusterfuck. If you remember last years was poorly organized. Every line was incredibly long (I cut them all) and everywhere seem crowded. Still loved it though.

Quote Originally Posted by thizzin my brains out View Post
    yeah I love the Coliseum as well, being a lifelong SC fan and going to games since I was a kid, however the crowd control is a clusterfuck. If you remember last years was poorly organized. Every line was incredibly long (I cut them all) and everywhere seem crowded. Still loved it though.
    yeah i remember getting there like at 530 and not getting in till like 8

any news on whos playing audiotistic?

I live in LA, and none of these compare to Ultra this year. Coachella didnt really come through with dance music this year, so I am forced to fly to MIA for Ultra. its worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Fiarmedico View Post
    I live in LA, and none of these compare to Ultra this year. Coachella didnt really come through with dance music this year, so I am forced to fly to MIA for Ultra. its worth it
    EDC is going to slay Ultra

^ wish I knew. I've been trying find the leaks, no luck.
    If any, please start a thread in miscellaneous, i'll do the same.

ah i was just going to post the same question
    any rumors atleast?

Back in 2003 OutKast was the big Headliner. I honestly have no idea what to expect for Audiotistic, it's been so many years so who knows what the event is trying to promote now and what they want to bring to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    Back in 2003 OutKast was the big Headliner. I honestly have no idea what to expect for Audiotistic, it's been so many years so who knows what the event is trying to promote now and what they want to bring to the table.
    NICE! is this mostly a hip hop/ DnB event?

Originally, and im sure its still gonna be.

Like you said, dnb. More of a collaboration of bringing bigger named mc's & artists to perform together w/ dnb dj's. We'll see...

Audiotistic 2009

Rumored/Confirmed via myspace. - check myspace
    Le Castle Vania, Villains, Them Jeans, MC Dino, Perish, Dennis M, & Joaquin Bamaca, 6Blocc, Fuckkk Offf

Confirmed via bassrush la.
    The stages will be Hip Hop Stage // Electro Stage // D&B Stage // House Stage // & Main Stage

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27437
    Last edited by heyeric; 02-25-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: woops, found another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kingz10fan View Post
    boys noize, martinez brothers and shinichi osawa as well as paul oakenfold confirmed for edc.

john o callaghan and pete tong for monster 09
    Paul Oakenfold was confirmed since last year and i'm not surprised Boys Noize is going to be there this year(last year he was sick and had to back out). Seeing Shinichi Osawa would be awesome. EDC is going to be some damn epic this year, can't wait!

EDC 2 days the so cal ultra gonna be banngin shit out all weekend can't wai

its going to be hard to top ultra this year though. that shit is loaded with talent

*STACKED.

The state of Florida seems desperate to collect revenue from an event so huge like this, let alone the wmc. More than half of those CAPABLE headliners are only going to get 30 minute time slots, so your not really enjoying them in full.

Quote Originally Posted by biggfoot17 View Post
    its going to be hard to top ultra this year though. that shit is loaded with talent

yeah ultra is loaded with talent but it's slowly grown year by year and has now become what it is. EDC doesn't happen around something called the Winter Music Conference, so they book DJ's that are comming here purely for that. You can see pretty much every DJ thats going to be at ultra during the week before at clubs, plus even more DJ's that arent booked. This is the first year EDC is 2 days, and after last years line up i know they are going to be bringing something BANGIN! Audiotistic needs to hurry up and put tickets on sale and put at least some teaser artist up, but atleast we have a date.

its hard for me to believe edc is going to be that huge though. i don't feel as though their lineups are that great for a 12 hour fest to begin with, let alone 2 days worth. and as somebody stated earlier, its like the same djs are just on a rotation with edc, nocturnal, monster massive, and tao. admittedly though, i don't really pay that much attention to them any more cause i'm just not into massives

add David Guetta to that
    and im hearing Fat boy Slim, Chemical Brothers too :0 for edc that is
    and per
    www.pamdjs.com
    John 0 Callaghan, TV Rock are confirmed for Monster Massive 09
    btw
    Monster massive per there website is at coliseum,sports arena, and everything in between
    just like TAO 2000-2001

i don't see david guetta, fatboy slim or the chemical mentioned anywhere on that site.

and i thought norman cook retired fatboy slim and moved on to the BPA, yet he's headlining some festival in austria at the end of next month. if he's at edc, i'm at edc

um sorry i guess my post was confusing
    joc and tv rock were on pamdjs not
    fatboy/guetta/chem and btw
    those arent gonna be confirmed yet
    i have insider info on edc believe it or dont