Page 1 of 47 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for Gabe and Justin To Talk Shit About Pro Football

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Default Thread for Gabe and Justin and Brad To Talk Shit About Pro Football

I don't think the fantasy thread was ever created here; please don't kill me, Dani.

Anyway, this is our NFL thread, which of course means that Justin and I will be lording over all of you because we're the ones who know which football team is best (the Broncos). Granted, there's a good 4 months to go until anything interesting happens, but I need a forum to discuss what happened last night.

First item of business: Marty gets Schott-canned. Ha ha!
    Last edited by schoolofruckus; 03-28-2007 at 12:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Default Re: Thread for Gabe and Justin To Talk Shit About Pro Football

has Plummer been released yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

No. He's going to get traded to the Texans. I can just feel it.
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

or the Bears.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

i'll tell you what to feel & when to feel it
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

oh.. the Kubiak thing. yeah the Texans.

Bug, your Vikings would be lucky to have Plummer as their starting quarterback.

The key to your sports prowess is money. You are a skilled gambler, and have shown a tendency to make the right wager in most if not all cases. Take away the stakes, and you're left with nothing (see: calling the Purple Reign to make the playoffs this year).

Mine is just the opposite. Putting money on anything guarantees that I will not get my wish.

Therefore, I bet you the Broncos will not win the Super Bowl this year.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Bug, your Vikings would be lucky to have Plummer as their starting quarterback.

The key to your sports prowess is money. You are a skilled gambler, and have shown a tendency to make the right wager in most if not all cases. Take away the stakes, and you're left with nothing (see: calling the Purple Reign to make the playoffs this year).

Mine is just the opposite. Putting money on anything guarantees that I will not get my wish.

Therefore, I bet you the Broncos will not win the Super Bowl this year.
    I want in on that action!

Banned

Angry Re: Thread for Gabe and Justin To Talk Shit About Pro Football

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Marty gets Schott-canned. Ha ha!
    No matter who your favourite team is, or how much you despise the San Diego Chargers, I find nothing amusing about that matter. In fact, I am utterly disgusted by it. What was that team's regular season record again? Give me a fucking break. Personal differences. Fire the goddamn GM, not the head coach that improved that pathetic franchise like non other. Goddammit, just writing this is pissing me off. Fuck the Chargers' owner, fuck the Chargers' GM, but most of all ... fuck the Chargers' fans for allowing such horseshit to transpire. Don't buy season tickets. Boycott any memorabilia. Throw molotov cocktails at the stadium.

Do something.

E

P.S. I am not a Chargers fan, but a Buffalo Bills fan. America's Team.

Yeah. Front office effed up big with this one.

I want Denny Green now.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    No matter who your favourite team is, or how much you despise the San Diego Chargers, I find nothing amusing about that matter. In fact, I am utterly disgusted by it. What was that team's regular season record again? Give me a fucking break. Personal differences. Fire the goddamn GM, not the head coach that improved that pathetic franchise like non other. Goddammit, just writing this is pissing me off. Fuck the Chargers' owner, fuck the Chargers' GM, but most of all ... fuck the Chargers' fans for allowing such horseshit to transpire. Don't buy season tickets. Boycott any memorabilia. Throw molotov cocktails at the stadium.

Do something.

E

Why would we do that? We had the most talented team in the league and we underachieved. We lost some great coordinators whom were really running the show last year. Early on Marty relinquished the playcalling duties to Cam Cameron and gave him complete control and Wade was always running the D. Marty wanted to hire his brother as the defensive coordinator...uh sorry marty that's not going to happen. He was a lame duck coache anyways its time to rebuild the coaching staff after the mass exodus. Bring on Mike Singletary as HC please.

Banned

There is only one reason the Charges did anything this season.......LT. Without him they are complete shit.

"Marty holds the distinction of being the NFL coach with the most wins to never coach a team in a Super Bowl."

He probably ran his mouth about how he could take it to the limit, unfortunatly he can't and never will.

Marty is nothing without his coordinators, just like Elway was nothing without Terrell Davis (w00t cheap shot).

Marlon McRee is Marty's fuming unemployment.
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

At least the Chargers made the playoffs, won the divison.
    More than the Broncos can say..

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

Do something.

E

So you're saying A.J. Smith's impeccable drafting and trading records didn't play a part in the Chargers' undeniable ascent into the elite ranks? And that he was more expendable than a coach who has historically found ways to cough on his own nuts in the postseason?

I'm a Broncos fan. This move pleases me to no end because a team that brings back none of their key coaches is a team that has a super-steep uphill climb. And I hate Schottenheimer from years of rivalries (Cleveland and Chiefs until the present). But even throwing all of that out - they made the right move. Smith has given Schottenheimer the most stacked team possible in the salary cap era. He's brilliantly managed the rosters and contracts to make sure that no hole goes unplugged. He's snowed everyone who's had the idiocy to attempt a trade with him. And what's he got to show for it? 0-2 in the playoffs, and a guy who's a monumental pain in the ass to deal with.

The only stupidity in this move is that it wasn't done earlier, when they could have retained either one of their coordinators or another strong candidate for the position. Now, they're going to have to either talk two old-school Schottenheimer-like guys (Cowher and Parcells) out of retirement, or hire someone who every other team (except the Raiders, who didn't exactly have their pick of the litter) passed on. Sure, the Chargers position is probably the best one in the league, aside from the immediate expectations. But it's going to take a pretty sweet offer to draw someone who deserves it.

Marty was a players coach. The guys on the team really liked him alot.

It's scary thinking whats going to happen to the chemistry if we bring in the wrong guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Days Last View Post
    At least the Chargers made the playoffs, won the divison.
    More than the Broncos can say..
    Call us when you win two Super Bowls. Or when you put up the best record in the league for 10 straight seasons.

OH NO!!!!

Trophy polish!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    There is only one reason the Charges did anything this season.......LT. Without him they are complete shit.

"Marty holds the distinction of being the NFL coach with the most wins to never coach a team in a Super Bowl."

He probably ran his mouth about how he could take it to the limit, unfortunatly he can't and never will.
    tell that to the other 10 or so probowlers. Granted would they be as good of course not but you can say that about nearly any playoff team in the AFC. without Peyton the Colts would be shit, Without Brady the Pats would be shit, without LJ the Chiefs would be shit.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    tell that to the other 10 or so probowlers. Granted would they be as good of course not but you can say that about nearly any playoff team in the AFC. without Peyton the Colts would be shit, Without Brady the Pats would be shit, without LJ the Chiefs would be shit.
    The Chiefs are shit anyway.

I would rather have Mike Singletary as my HC than either Cam or Wade personally. The man's going to make a great headcoach one day c'mon chargers make the move (i dont think they will)

All I think of this situation, is that the front office should've done something sooner when there were more legitimate coaches out there.

I could honestly care less who they pick as coach or whatever else happens this offseason....

if only we don't waste the talent we have now, and before LT leaves his prime.

Banned

Norv Turner or Pete Carroll, may provide SD with the trophy, but I dont see it happening.

For the record, I don't think the Chargers should have fired anybody. But if you're going to do someone in, you can the guy who's lower on the totem pole and has a worse track record (not that Schottenheimer's is bad overall, but it's not as good as Smith's).

Singletary may very well be an excellent head coach, but this season is going to be rough for the Chargers, having to bring in both coordinators to go along with the top dog. With as young of a team as they have, they're going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat to keep those guys on the same path that they were on the last three years.

If you want to talk real football, come see me

If you want to talk about patty cake, please see schoolio & Justin (whoever that is, probably a made up "bronco-backer")

misogynist.

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    If you want to talk real football, come see me

If you want to talk about patty cake, please see schoolio & Justin (whoever that is, probably a made up "bronco-backer")
    bug, meet J~$$$. Formerly mmmmdoughnuts from the old board. His name is Justin, he lives in Denver, and he's one of the chosen people (i.e., Bronco fans).

There's really no excuse for you not to know this.

i know who mmmmdoughnuts is, but i haven't seen him post here

Yes you have.

Norv Turner or Pete Carroll, may provide SD with the trophy, but I dont see it happening.