Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1495

Thread: All things Depeche Mode

Default Re: All things Depeche Mode

Sorry if it has been mentioned, but I bought via amazon presale and am a bit confused how this gained me presale access. Anybody else go this route?

Ps, on first listen, liking the album quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Ooof. They're really that much? I may need to rethink this.

CARA JUST GET ME VIP ACCESS TO THAT GODDAMN SHORELINE SHOW
    Don't re-think it. Go. Tool at the Pearl are some of my favorite concert memories. Easily worth whatever more I paid to get in there instead of see them in some faceless who gives a crap arena.
    Darkside| Spiritualized| Spiritualized| Pixies| Lord Huron| This Will Destroy You| Tool| Kraftwerk| The National| Neil Young| Coachella| Mogwai| Black Sabbath| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| NIN/Soundgarden| Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    Sorry if it has been mentioned, but I bought via amazon presale and am a bit confused how this gained me presale access. Anybody else go this route?

Ps, on first listen, liking the album quite a bit.
    You should have received an email with a one-time use code for the amazon presale.

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    You should have received an email with a one-time use code for the amazon presale.
    Separate from the order confirmation email?

Quote Originally Posted by ElBlueblazer View Post
    fuck!!! $160-$220 @ the pearl. That is too expensive for me.
    Not far off from 2009....

But oddly enough, floor is $160....

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    Separate from the order confirmation email?
    Yep.. could have come before or after the confirmation of shipment email. Check your spam folder, I'd probably contact them if you still don't have it by tomorrow. The email subject will say something about Your Amazon Promotional Code or something like that.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Not far off from 2009....

But oddly enough, floor is $160....
    Where are you seeing that $160 is for the floor? I checked Ticketmaster and I didn't see an indication of what section the prices were related to.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Don't re-think it. Go. Tool at the Pearl are some of my favorite concert memories. Easily worth whatever more I paid to get in there instead of see them in some faceless who gives a crap arena.
    The problem for us is that the single ticket cost is doubled. So the Phoenix show (which is literally miles from our house) would only cost about $230 and we could sleep in our own bed that same night. Vegas show, as awesome as that will be, will be at the very least $350 for tickets (assuming those truly are the ones that are GA, which someone earlier said are the only worthwhile "seats") plus $89/night for a hotel room (so let's place that at $190 to be generous because we wouldn't fly in Sunday morning) plus drinks + food (which, again, to be generous, would be at least $100). So on the low end, we're looking at $650, more than $400 over what we'd pay to see them in town. For a band we've seen before. If the on-sale wasn't a week before Coachella, maybe we'd throw caution to the wind, but it isn't so fuck it.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

../......
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Where are you seeing that $160 is for the floor? I checked Ticketmaster and I didn't see an indication of what section the prices were related to.

The problem for us is that the single ticket cost is doubled. So the Phoenix show (which is literally miles from our house) would only cost about $230 and we could sleep in our own bed that same night. Vegas show, as awesome as that will be, will be at the very least $350 for tickets (assuming those truly are the ones that are GA, which someone earlier said are the only worthwhile "seats") plus $89/night for a hotel room (so let's place that at $190 to be generous because we wouldn't fly in Sunday morning) plus drinks + food (which, again, to be generous, would be at least $100). So on the low end, we're looking at $650, more than $400 over what we'd pay to see them in town. For a band we've seen before. If the on-sale wasn't a week before Coachella, maybe we'd throw caution to the wind, but it isn't so fuck it.

Its how they did it 4 years ago, so why change it.

Oh, ok, so you're speculating rather than espousing fact.
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Well at this point it doesnt matter anyway cause you just did the math for your trip. and it points to "we arent spending that kind of money". Ill give you a similar situation to that kind of pricing if you want. When I saw NiN and Janes Addiction there, floor tickets cost less than seating. Right now on ticketmaster I looked up at show at The Pearl and pricing was that way. Alabama Shakes are selling their floor tickets for a lower price than seating. Want to bet a frozen lemonade on this?

Quote Originally Posted by someone View Post
    I live in Vegas, the Pearl is an amazing venue, but unless you get GA, don't do this. Vegas brings a terrible crowd that never stops fucking talking in the seats. Never. Stops.
    Now that you mention it, when we saw Bjork at The Pearl in seats 5 years ago, there were people talking and SINGING off-key loudly.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

I imagine a lot of the tickets at The Pearl are comp tickets. Those people have no idea who Depeche Mode is and they are there to be seen, to drink, and to talk.

FROZEN LEMONADE THROWDOWN, Y'ALL
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Well at this point it doesnt matter anyway cause you just did the math for your trip. and it points to "we arent spending that kind of money". Ill give you a similar situation to that kind of pricing if you want. When I saw NiN and Janes Addiction there, floor tickets cost less than seating. Right now on ticketmaster I looked up at show at The Pearl and pricing was that way. Alabama Shakes are selling their floor tickets for a lower price than seating. Want to bet a frozen lemonade on this?
    Pfft, no. I don't give a fuck.

Ooof. They're really that much? I may need to rethink this.

I don't know what kind of strings I can pull, it was totally unexpected when my friend told me about it.

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Now that you mention it, when we saw Bjork at The Pearl in seats 5 years ago, there were people talking and SINGING off-key loudly.
    I was at that show. The talking in the seats wasn't even 1/10 as bad as the Beck show last year. Tourists are there, buy or get comped tickets to shows they don't know much about, but sit around and wait for the one song they know, then talk the rest of the time. This is an awful town for concerts.

I was fantasizing this morning that they will play Coach in 2014, and Erasure will also play, and then Martin and Vince can do a VCMG set.

Is there a citibank password for this?

oh wait, nevermind. It's my card#
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

That was my first time using AXS. I don't really like it. I was in the waiting room for like 10 minutes.

I think I'm just going to get a lawn ticket to the AZ one.

After 30 minutes of spitting back tickets, settled on row W on the right/right center side. Basically about half way back. Maybe could've done better with more patience but needed four tickets. First Depeche show for me since 2006!

I'm just waiting until the regular onsale. Every presale ticket I've ever bought for them has bitten me in the ass (I always pull better seats at the onsale).

You should the the dum dums on the depeche mode forum who thought they were buying from ticketmaster and ended up on the secondary site that sells tickets for triple the face value, yet still bought them.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I am just going to try for floor every day and if I can't pull that i won't buy anything until the regular onsale. Does anybody know if the Amazon presale generated unique codes or is there just a general code/ Crazy that there are so many damn presales.

EDIT: also, is there any word from the Citi presale about whether Staples is going to have a seated or GA floor?
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Even if it Daft Punk were to come out who cares. Not like they're Bono or anything

Its seated........

Laaaaaame
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Even if it Daft Punk were to come out who cares. Not like they're Bono or anything

95% of shows at Staples Center are seated. So how is that shocking? You want Ga? Go to Santa Barbara or Vegas....

Still dont know how you didnt have the sense to check the seating chart this whole time leading up to the onsales.....

Last show i went to there was GA. That was the first time I'd seen a show at Staples in over 10 years, so it was the only thing I had to go on.
    last.fm

I bought tickets for both nights at Staples. They are the cheap seats - hopefully they have huge HD monitors.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.