Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Depeche Mode

Young blood

Default Re: Sounds of the Universe 2009

Red Rocks tonight. 3 row, moving up to row 1. fun.

wowowowowowowowowow!

Try to take pictures!!!! How does one get an upgrade like that?

I cant stop thinking about this show, its my phone and computer wall paper. I see them wherever I go! Each day that passes I just get more and more of a "Fuck it!!" attitude and will pay any price to get a decent spot into their show next week. NOTHING WILL STOP ME!

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I regret rolling for massive attack/dungen/art brut in Coachella 06. You don't want to roll if you want to remember.
    Absolutely, no arguing there. Yet I can remember the Lolla set pretty well all things considered. The problem is WHAT I remember, its all just a bunch of dancing and singing and air guitaring and one unfortunate incident where a crowd member vomited. Or sometimes I was just so captivated by the images. I definitely remember Martin singing "Home". I didnt blink, I didnt look around, I didnt move, my focus was 100% on him.

I also have a new found appreciation for "Policy of Truth". I cant listen to that song now without seeing those damn bouncing balls!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Young blood

I went to high school with the head of security for red rocks. She is a cool girl. My wife wants my to schmooze her to get backstage. I know that wont happen. Row 1 is good enough. Ill take pics and post them here tomorrow.

Young blood

I saw David do coke twice!!!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Pretty sure he's kidding
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Young blood

Im 100% serious I'll post more when I get to work and pictures. He wears 2 arm bands/bracelets the big one on his right arm and a smaller chain thing on his left. He turned his back to the crowd just between songs fly on the windscreen was up next. He took a nd drink of his tea or whatever it was. Then raised his arms in front of his face and opened something on the small chain/bracelet snorted it and went back to dancing. it was quick but very obvious. Think the vile bracelt thing from cruel intentions the movie. I was like holy shit that was brazzen. Even the guy next to me commented "did you just see that!?"

Oh, man. That is not good news.

Just went back and looked at some pics-particularly the Vegas ones since that was a small venue and there's some really close pics of him. I see the two bracelets (the big one and the small one) but I don't see a vial hanging from either.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 08-28-2009 at 08:17 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

OH SHIT.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Young blood

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Oh, man. That is not good news.

Just went back and looked at some pics-particularly the Vegas ones since that was a small venue and there's some really close pics of him. I see the two bracelets (the big one and the small one) but I don't see a vial hanging from either.

It wasnt hanging from his bracelet it was tucked under on his wrist side. It was a smooth process he untucked it with and with two hands took a hit like it was in a vile then pushed it back. It was just as the lighting went down. I saw him go for it again, but it didnt work. It seems like he has it all planned out. As soon as I saw it I blurted out as loud as I could "HOLY SHIT DID YOU JUST SEE THAT!" people looked at me like I was crazy. I went to smoke a cigarette during jezebel and the guy next to me went too. We talked about it for awhile trying to make sure what we saw. I dont know if it was coke or something else, but he said that he has looked sluggish compared to other tours. I asked my wife what she thought about it because she is a devotee, she said ehhh hes a rockstar and has done drugs throughout his entire career.

I was there to document the show so my wife could enjoy it and dance so I was pretty focused on each member trying to get good shots.

Young blood

By the way the show was fantastic.

Damn, I hope it's throat spray or something, but that doesn't sound good.

I didn't think he looked sluggish at all; saw him twice on this tour and he had as much energy as he did on the last one. And the band seemed like they were getting along on stage; I suspect Mart especially would be pretty pissed about this if he knew.

He looked great in Phoenix. The lights go really low at times; I could see how he could try to do that in the dark. I hope it's not true. Ugh. WHERE'S HIS SOBRIETY COACH?

I used to work with someone at Cold Stone who's cousin-in-law was his traveling coach. I wish I still talked to her so I could ask her about it.

At least we saw one last great show before he keels over. :/ I shouldn't say that. I don't want him to OD! Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Im 100% serious I'll post more when I get to work and pictures. He wears 2 arm bands/bracelets the big one on his right arm and a smaller chain thing on his left. He turned his back to the crowd just between songs fly on the windscreen was up next. He took a nd drink of his tea or whatever it was. Then raised his arms in front of his face and opened something on the small chain/bracelet snorted it and went back to dancing. it was quick but very obvious. Think the vile bracelt thing from cruel intentions the movie. I was like holy shit that was brazzen. Even the guy next to me commented "did you just see that!?"
    What a fucking badass!!

Uhhhh I mean...bad! Awful! Shame on him

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    What a fucking badass!!

Uhhhh I mean...bad! Awful! Shame on him
    Not funny Salah; he's had a heart attack and an OD because of his addictions...he can't control himself. Almost broke the band up.

Young blood

I was surprised. Thats why I had to talk over with people around me. I might be wrong, but I know what I saw. It could have been smelling salt, but theres no need to hid it.

anybody hitting dallas tomorrow?
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

Dallas - 8/29/09

1. In Chains
    2. Wrong
    3. Hole to Feed
    4. Walking in My Shoes
    5. It's No Good
    6. A Question of Time
    7. Precious
    8. Fly on the Windscreen
    9. Jezebel
    10. Judas
    11. Miles Away/The Truth Is
    12. Policy of Truth
    13. In Your Room
    14. I Feel You
    15. Enjoy the Silence
    16. Never Let Me Down Again

Encore:
    17. Somebody
    18. Stripped
    19. Behind the Wheel

Encore 2:
    20. Personal Jesus
    21. Waiting for the Night

Great show last night. "Judas" was a nice surprise. This was one of the best large venue crowds that I've experienced in Dallas and might end up as my favorite concert of the year.

some pics:

Quote Originally Posted by TonyWonder View Post
    Dallas - 8/29/09

1. In Chains
    2. Wrong
    3. Hole to Feed
    4. Walking in My Shoes
    5. It's No Good
    6. A Question of Time
    7. Precious
    8. Fly on the Windscreen
    9. Jezebel
    10. Judas
    11. Miles Away/The Truth Is
    12. Policy of Truth
    13. In Your Room
    14. I Feel You
    15. Enjoy the Silence
    16. Never Let Me Down Again

Encore:
    17. Somebody
    18. Stripped
    19. Behind the Wheel

Encore 2:
    20. Personal Jesus
    21. Waiting for the Night

Great show last night. "Judas" was a nice surprise. This was one of the best large venue crowds that I've experienced in Dallas and might end up as my favorite concert of the year.
    NO WAY! Judas and Question of lust are my favorite Martin songs and i feel like i'll never see them live! But Judas! fucking lucky!

As of two hours ago I now have in my possession two tickets to the last Tour of the Universe stop in USA so far.

Next Saturday cannot come fast enough!!!

Im sad they took out Master & Servant before I could hear it live but very stoked they're playing Miles Away. That song is one of my faves from the new album.

Oh also, how has the merch stands been? Anything else interesting besides shirts? Any stickers maybe? I'm DEFINITELY getting a TotU shirt!! AHHH SO EXCITED!!!
    Last edited by sbessiso; 08-30-2009 at 04:39 PM.

Good news indeed. No balls.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

As of two hours ago I now have in my possession two tickets to the last Tour of the Universe stop in USA so far.

Next Saturday cannot come fast enough!!!

Im sad they took out Master & Servant before I could hear it live but very stoked they're playing Miles Away. That song is one of my faves from the new album.

Oh also, how has the merch stands been? Anything else interesting besides shirts? Any stickers maybe? I'm DEFINITELY getting a TotU shirt!! AHHH SO EXCITED!!!
    Nope, but have fun spending the $35 on a shirt though...

Is it really $35? On the site its $30

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Good news indeed. No balls.
    huh?

Does the $5 make that much of a difference as it is? And youre the one who said they would never pay that much for a shirt as it is.

Is it really $35? On the site its $30

huh?
    Avoid the rolling. Let the boys get you high.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Avoid the rolling. Let the boys get you high.
    Oh absolutely. I admit I BRIEFLY considered rolling again for this show but im going to be relatively sober. Just gunna smoke a little, but that doesnt really count. Im going to take lots of vids and pics!!

And Supre, the $5 isnt really that big a difference youre right. But im just on a strict budget so every little bit counts you know? Plus I had been hammering in my mind for a while now "$30 for a shirt. $30 for a shirt..." so it just kind of sucks that I have to squeeze in that extra bit now

Like it stopped you from buying a Killers shirt for the same amount? Ok then.