Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Depeche Mode

Default Re: Sounds of the Universe 2009

HD function coming soon, wait abotu an hour, you can full screen and watch nicely. Sorry that Martin looks like a ghost almost though.

Thanks for the suggestion, I wish it had worked.

gratuit pour mobile sonnerie portable mp3 - Sonnerie portable MP3 est en effet un pouvoir de l'innovation technologique. Ętes-vous familier avec cette sonnerie portable?gratuit pour mobile sonnerie portable mp3

Woo, I had a good setlist last night.
    In Chains
    Wrong
    Hole To Feed
    Walking In My Shoes
    It's No Good
    A Question Of Time
    Precious
    Fly On The Windscreen
    Little Soul
    Home
    Miles Away
    Policy Of Truth
    In Your Room
    I Feel You
    Enjoy The Silence
    Never Let Me Down Again

Encore #1
    Somebody
    Stripped
    Behind The Wheel

Encore #2
    Personal Jesus
    Waiting For The Night (Bare Version)

I really wish I had gotten Strangelove instead of BTW; the Stripped and BTW one-two punch was too gloomy. But other than that, it was a great night. Dave was sipping honey so hopefully he's taking care of his voice. Bummed this is probably it for another few years, unless they come back through in the early spring like they did a few years ago.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

That Waiting for the Night closer was truly amazing and wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Oh, and thanks for smuggling me up to your row, Jen and Rick.

The Pearl was an amazing show on Saturday night. Hung out at the box office until someone walked up and asked where their "VIP" tickets were. I asked if he had an extra. He said "kind of" and asked why I didn't buy one myself. I pointed to the "SOLD OUT" sign and he said he's let me have his for $150 because it was charged to his room without him knowing (not sure how that happens, but whatever). Walked to the concierge with him and he hands me the ticket. Ended up in Row B of section 304 (PERFECT VIEW!). The lady next to me even bought me a drink, i felt like a such a playa, lol.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/19 Poolside@Skyway Pomona - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda

Sounds like an evening of perfect luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    The Pearl was an amazing show on Saturday night. Hung out at the box office until someone walked up and asked where their "VIP" tickets were. I asked if he had an extra. He said "kind of" and asked why I didn't buy one myself. I pointed to the "SOLD OUT" sign and he said he's let me have his for $150 because it was charged to his room without him knowing (not sure how that happens, but whatever). Walked to the concierge with him and he hands me the ticket. Ended up in Row B of section 304 (PERFECT VIEW!). The lady next to me even bought me a drink, i felt like a such a playa, lol.
    He thought you were a scalper. DM was great, wasn't it? You were in a great venue!

Next week is my only chance to see Depeche Mode again. Im praying for a good paycheck, a miracle, craigslist and everything in between.

I need your magic, CMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

OHH, you don't have your ticket yet. I was wondering why you texted me "wish me luck" when you said you were going.

edit: and good luck btw

My friend and I really fucked up. The original plan was to drive up to Tampa to see them because that venue was having the livenation specials. We were going to do the $10 lawn seats but missed out on it, luckily I had a Plan B. That same show was also having those Subway specials, for about $6 more we would have upgraded from lawn to an actual seat. Once again we waited too long and now those tickets are sold out. The venue they're playing at here isnt Livenation so no specials applied.

Even though I really shouldnt and just save up my money, I simply just have to see them again. So Plan C now finds me on craigslist looking for a decent deal. I found a really good ticket for $75 but it's just one and I can't leave my friend in the dust. I think as we get closer to the show better deals will pop up. It's all moot until I get paid on Friday anyway but im not giving up. Even if it involves me going to the venue the day of and asking around.

Martin and I have unfinished business
    Last edited by sbessiso; 08-25-2009 at 09:30 AM.
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Tons of lawn seats on stubhub.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    My friend and I really fucked up. The original plan was to drive up to Tampa to see them because that venue was having the livenation specials. We were going to do the $10 lawn seats but missed out on it, luckily I had a Plan B. That same show was also having those Subway specials, for about $6 more we would have upgraded from lawn to an actual seat. Once again we waited too long and now those tickets are sold out. The venue they're playing at here isnt Livenation so no specials applied.

Even though I really shouldnt and just save up my money, I simply just have to see them again. So Plan C now finds me on craigslist looking for a decent deal. I found a really good ticket for $75 but it's just one and I can't leave my friend in the dust. I think as we get closer to the show better deals will pop up. It's all moot until I get paid on Friday anyway but im not giving up. Even if it involves me going to the venue the day of and asking around.

Martin and I have unfinished business
    Contact a ticket broker and see if they are letting any of their tickets go for cheaper than they are advertising; I've found that they will negotiate if tickets aren't selling like they thought. I was trying to trade my section C seats for section A, and a broker told me they wouldn't trade but that they would sell me the seats at face value.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    OK, Dave had some jock itch. But where is Martin?

I can never see any of Jen's pics at work.

She has some incredible ones of Martin on facebook. In fact, im going to steal them....

LOOK HOW SHINY HE IS

I can't see facebook at work. Jesus. Stop taunting me.

Young blood

Damn she was up close.

8th row.

I'm going to admit it...

PART of me wishes I wasnt rolling so hard so I could have focused on them more. But it was still one of the greatest shows I have ever experienced. And I definitely won't roll if/when I see them next week

I regret rolling for massive attack/dungen/art brut in Coachella 06. You don't want to roll if you want to remember.

Amy they're on my facebook and my photobucket account.

Last edited by captncrzy; 08-25-2009 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    DM was great, wasn't it? You were in a great venue!
    Pearl topped Hollywood Bowl for me simply because I didn't have walk up a friggin hill to get to my seat, lol. I had seen another show at the Pearl a few years back and remember thinking to myself "this place is HUGE", but compared to the Hollywood Bowl the place was SO intimate. I'm glad I didn't give up on getting a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    He thought you were a scalper.
    he didn't seem like the concert going type. I think he bought the ticket for his 20-something boy-toy (very easy on the eyes when he came to sit next to me about the 5th song in...)

besides, I thought scalpers held up signs that said "I need a ticket" at least that's what I see everytime i'm at a sold out Fonda or El Rey show and I see the same 2 white guys (old man with white hair and creepy leather jacket guy) and pack of crackhead looking black dudes. FYI, that's not racist if you actually know black crackheads...
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/19 Poolside@Skyway Pomona - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda

My crappy pictures from the first night at the Hollywood Bowl. I wish I could've brought my DSLR.

Here are a few of mine:

Quote Originally Posted by eudaemonia View Post
    Here are a few

Be still my heart. Dave looks so hot here.

My video of Stripped from the first night at the Hollywood Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Derekx View Post
    My crappy pictures from the first night at the Hollywood Bowl. I wish I could've brought my DSLR.

Derek, invest in a better point and shoot. Come on, thats all I use and you have seen what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Derek, invest in a better point and shoot. Come on, thats all I use and you have seen what I can do.
    I will eventually, but it's not something I need right now as most shows I go to I'm shooting with my DSLR anyways.