Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vanishing crowds

Default vanishing crowds

so crowds have been getting smaller each year since rage played. Last year crowds didnt extend past the sound-check booth for most of the day. this year especially there wont be a big crowd.

doesnt this take away from most of the fun of going to the "biggest" music festival in the u.s.?

also who will draw the biggest crowd
    "...I can't wait for the Bush Library. One copy of My Pet Goat and the rest of the shelf space taken up by volume after blood-drenched volume of the Invasion and Occupation of Iraq magically cleansed in re-write into the Liberation and Democratization of Iraq brought to you by a visionary President who made the tough decisions to keep America safe as he almost single handedly won the War On Terror. The future of our past looks bright. Cheer up!"
    Henry Rollins

Default Re: vanishing crowds

I think Macca will obviously draw the most
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

yeah bro thats a no brainer

AquaFresh

Quote Originally Posted by twistedstixs View Post
    so crowds have been getting smaller each year since rage played
    hahahaha

thats only one year you got there.

Uh, Prince had a massive crowd.

You know what they say about guys with massive crowds...
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

i was gonna say...you act like there has been more than one year in between rage against the machine and now.

also where does it say that coachella is the biggest music festival in the US? that's not what makes it fun for me. what makes it fun is going to the BEST music festival in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

im just sayin this economy is keeping alot of people from going
    "...I can't wait for the Bush Library. One copy of My Pet Goat and the rest of the shelf space taken up by volume after blood-drenched volume of the Invasion and Occupation of Iraq magically cleansed in re-write into the Liberation and Democratization of Iraq brought to you by a visionary President who made the tough decisions to keep America safe as he almost single handedly won the War On Terror. The future of our past looks bright. Cheer up!"
    Henry Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    i was gonna say...you act like there has been more than one year in between rage against the machine and now.

also where does it say that coachella is the biggest music festival in the US? that's not what makes it fun for me. what makes it fun is going to the BEST music festival in the US.
    I like your style
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Coachella Junkie

im just sayin this economy is keeping alot of people from going
    This economy, right now, kept people from coming last year, when the crowd was just as big as always? Good point. P.S. thenewno2 are fucking horrible.

so crowds have been getting smaller each year since rage played. Last year crowds didnt extend past the sound-check booth for most of the day. this year especially there wont be a big crowd.

doesnt this take away from most of the fun of going to the "biggest" music festival in the u.s.?

One is not a trend, and it's actually better when you have some room.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

There are so many things wrong with this thread I don't know how to address them. Plus it contains one of the most obvious questions ever. In conclusion...best thread ever.
    That which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music - Aldous Huxley

Hooked since '06

Check my latest music video

Quote Originally Posted by sacleonard View Post
    One is not a trend, and it's actually better when you have some room.
    Agreed completely.. What makes this festival fun for me is the music, the art, and the people I'm with. I'd much rather have a smaller than larger crowd

Theyve expanded the fields every year since Rage, which could easily create the perseption of less people. I thought it was so so much nicer this past year. Room to fuck*n breathe.

McCartney will easily draw the biggest crowd. I honestly can't see GV/Paul having anyone play at the same time. Maybee have a few acts that end during his set, maybee a Sahara Act for those that can't seem to leave the tent. But honestly everyone and thier Grandmother is going to be watching Sir Paul.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Yeah, someone will play during the Sahara, and maybe a partial conflict in the Mojave. That's it.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    Theyve expanded the fields every year since Rage, which could easily create the perseption of less people. I thought it was so so much nicer this past year. Room to fuck*n breathe.

McCartney will easily draw the biggest crowd. I honestly can't see GV/Paul having anyone play at the same time. Maybee have a few acts that end during his set, maybee a Sahara Act for those that can't seem to leave the tent. But honestly everyone and thier Grandmother is going to be watching Sir Paul.
    Agreed, total screw job to whoever has to go against McCartney...but my guess is GV will still counter program with edgy nighttime acts like A Place to Bury Strangers and/or Crystal Castles.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Each year since Rage? Like all one of them?

Macca will draw the biggest crowd.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    Agreed, total screw job to whoever has to go against McCartney...but my guess is GV will still counter program with edgy nighttime acts like A Place to Bury Strangers and/or Crystal Castles.
    Yeah, they'll totally put on a heavy rock band and a DJ. Here's to hoping that's where they stick Crystal Castles. Best conflict ever.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

worst thread ever.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

I prefer lower attendance. Less idiots to deal with.

rage year was not the norm so not sure why basing things on that particular year. that year was way too many meat heads. imho
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Everyone already pointed out what an idiot you are, but I haven't seen this mentioned...Bonnaroo is way bigger, both in number of people, as well as stature with the general public (once you get out of the southwest, anyway.)

What you meant to say is "best" music festival, and I don't see how being surrounded by MORE sweaty idiots makes it more "fun".

While I appreciate GVs need to sell more tickets to make the festival better, pretty much every ticket past 40,000 is sold to a douchebag. Financially speaking, whatever the minimum number of ticket sales for GV to continue to kick ass is the optimal number.
    Shhhhh...don't tell anyone I'm in disguise!

I think Girl Talk is the most likely. He's huge and currently the highest-billed Sahara act on Friday, but is not nearly rare enough to necessitate being scheduled in such a way as to not conflict with a headliner. What better way to placate all the disrespectful children whining that ZOMG PAUL MCCARTNEY IS OLDCHELLA than schedule an act whose fanbase mostly looks like this. That having been said, I want to see Girl Talk but doubtfully ever will. Wouldn't pay that kind of money to see him at a venue like the Fonda and every festival he has ever played (every festival since 2007), he was scheduled against someone (or someones) way more unmissable.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Smaller crowds are better for me at Coachella, I ditched 07 for that reason.

But ya this thread is really dumb, you should have 300 post to start a thread...
    Last edited by familyguy420; 02-19-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I don't approve of those acts conflicting with Paul...that being said...I will miss both of them for Paul without question.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

This thread makes me belly laugh.

This thread is fucking stupid. Or maybe just the original poster is.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    I don't approve of those acts conflicting with Paul...that being said...I will miss both of them for Paul without question.
    those conflicts would suck...although I don't need to see Paul's entire set, so i would be sprinting across the field to catch some of APTBS...maybe some of Crystal Castles, but not as necessary
    '99-'11...

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    those conflicts would suck...although I don't need to see Paul's entire set, so i would be sprinting across the field to catch some of APTBS...maybe some of Crystal Castles, but not as necessary
    i hope your saying this because youve seen Pauls set before, but still...... I would suggest missing the begining, not the end! Can you imagine him finishing w/ Hey Jude and everyone just marching off singing in unisen back to the camp ground.

Naaaa na na na na na na, na na na, hey jude... Jude Judie Jud-a Judie Judie Judie!
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -