Thread: Glastonbury

Default Glastonbury

Hey, me and my friend were going to go to coachella but for one reason or another he isn't able to join me. I am in Oregon working at a tree nursery for a year over from the UK where I live about 5 miles from big festival called Glastonbury. I am still thinking of going solo but I was wondering if it is more a Glastonbury vibe or is it more like Reading? Where as I would go to Glasto on my own I don't think I would Reading.

Default Re: Glastonbury

from your question, i would say its a glastonbury vibe, lots of people go by themselves and have a blast

I know next to nothing about Glastonbury or Reading but I do know lots of people come to Coachella on their own and have a great time. Check out the "camping all alone" groups to get a feel for it - consider joining. Or just say Hi to your neighbors. The desert might be really interesting for you? I would say it's absolutely worth it, and very easy to meet people if you want to ...or easy to do your own thing too. Welcome!

This one closed - they set an arbitrary limit of 100
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22651

This one is kinda just starting - might merge with other group
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27138
    Last edited by Stickjohn; 02-15-2009 at 11:48 AM.

Ive been to both Glasto and Reading and I would say for going alone Coachella is better than both of them by a million! Def more of a glasto vibe! Stone Circle atmosphere around the whole campsite!

Thanks all I think I will give it a go, I miss the Glasto Vibe over here. I am a long way from Wookey Hole. I do have one other question, Is it hard to take booz in? as I don't fancy 3 days of drinking at festival prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonky View Post
    Ive been to both Glasto and Reading and I would say for going alone Coachella is better than both of them by a million! Def more of a glasto vibe! Stone Circle atmosphere around the whole campsite!
    You got to be kidding right???? Better than Glastonbury....I think not. Had my very first Glastonbury experience and it killed Coachella a million times. A festival where we can actually take in our own alcohol and the people there were amazing. And this is coming from a person who has yet to miss a Coachella.... I love Coachella and I've been to every Coachella since it's incarnation but after experiencing Glastonbury...I now know what that whole vibe is all about. I will not miss this years Coachella and I'm going back to Somerset for Glastonbury in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarthy View Post
    Thanks all I think I will give it a go, I miss the Glasto Vibe over here. I am a long way from Wookey Hole. I do have one other question, Is it hard to take booz in? as I don't fancy 3 days of drinking at festival prices.
    If you are going to sneak in anything...sneak in a bottle of your choice of alcohol. I've done it many times at Coachella. But nothing beats Glastonbury where you can actually take in your own booze without having to hide it. Michael Eavis is GOD!!!!