Results 991 to 1,020 of 1951

Thread: The Official Metal Thread

Default Re: The Official Metal Thread

I love Baroness' album art.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Thanks for the Sleep guidance.

Don't wait to long to get on that new Melvins EP. Solid!

Whatttttt new Baroness?!?!? I guess it is become more and more of a no brainer to see them at the fillmore in a few weeks. Also, I must check out the Melvins EP next time I have more time to putz around on the internet more.

You know, in the past 6 months I've sen Opeth and Mastodon dishing out their new stuff and I am... not excited. Honestly I would be more excited to see Ghost for that tour than anything. Half of Opeth's show is pretty soft/acoustic... and Mastodon gives an easily forgettable performance if it is anything like what I saw at the Warfield. Definitely going to the Baroness show. And depending on how travel home from Primavera goes, I might catch Sleep at the fox too. NIPPPPPSSSSSSS!!!!
    Weedeater/Black Cobra 1/17 @ Thee Parkside | Justin Timberlake @ SAP Center 1/19 | Scott H. Biram @ Rickshaw Stop 3/11 (?) |DEATH @ The Chapel 3/23 | Gary Numan @ the Fillmore 4/6 | Coachella Weekend 1 | Franz Ferdinand 4/28

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbconnection View Post
    Whatttttt new Baroness?!?!? I guess it is become more and more of a no brainer to see them at the fillmore in a few weeks. Also, I must check out the Melvins EP next time I have more time to putz around on the internet more.

You know, in the past 6 months I've sen Opeth and Mastodon dishing out their new stuff and I am... not excited. Honestly I would be more excited to see Ghost for that tour than anything. Half of Opeth's show is pretty soft/acoustic... and Mastodon gives an easily forgettable performance if it is anything like what I saw at the Warfield. Definitely going to the Baroness show. And depending on how travel home from Primavera goes, I might catch Sleep at the fox too. NIPPPPPSSSSSSS!!!!
    Ghost were definitely the highlight of the night for me. Mastodon sounded good but they played all of the hunter and then like 4 songs from their back catalogue, so it might not be worth it to go for you. same with opeth.
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    I love Baroness' album art.
    Not sure if you are aware, but it's all done by John Baizley, the singer/guitarist of the band. Super talented guy. I was aware of him as an album cover/gig poster artist before he even started the band.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Speaking of, new song out there
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Speaking of all the Sleep talk, I'm so stoked I get a third chance to see them again this year. Never thought I'd get to see them at all, and now i had FYF, the Wiltern headlining show, and now Primavera! They're so good live too. I need to get on that melvins ep.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

I think I'm gonna go see Cannibal Corpse tomorrow night. Was looking at some YouTube live clips last night and liked what I saw.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Melvins Ep is free through Scion, not that I expect any of you to pay for it anyway
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Listening to Wreck and Reference's No Youth and this thing is a beast. It's a fairly unique blend of black metal, industrial and doom. They craft haunting soundscapes that unravel into menacing outbursts of sonic noise. There's a lot of great stuff on here.

You can stream and pay what you want for the album here: http://wreckandreference.bandcamp.com/
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Not sure if you are aware, but it's all done by John Baizley, the singer/guitarist of the band. Super talented guy. I was aware of him as an album cover/gig poster artist before he even started the band.
    I was not aware. Thanks.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

This is gonna be a goooood one

CONCULT03
    Converge / Napalm Death "Split"
    Format: 7"EP, Digital

Coming soon.
    Self released by Converge and Napalm Death, exclusively Distributed by Deathwish Direct.

Legendary bands Converge and Napalm Death have come together for a split release, bridging the worlds of personal and politically driven extreme music.

Recorded as part of their new album sessions, Converge offer up the blazing new song "No Light Escapes". Already a staple of their live set, this whirlwind of an emotional charged song is a soon to be a discordant hardcore/metal anthem for the band. Also on the release, Converge offer a "We Are The World" styled rendition of the influential Entombed classic "Wolverine Blues". Joining them in tribute is a number of friends including Tomas Lindberg (Disfear, At The Gates, Lock Up), Aaron Turner (Isis, Old Man Gloom, Split Cranium), Kevin Baker (APMD, The Hope Conspiracy), Brian Izzi (Trap Them), and more. A new Converge album will surface later in 2012 on Epitaph/Deathwish.

On the flip side, metal pioneers Napalm Death offer up two new aural monsters. First, "Will By Mouth" erupts in classic grind fashion. A buzz of brutal guitars and a crushing blast beat lay a foundation for Barney Greenway's vicious vocal attack. All of it uniquely bleeding together to paint a vivid picture of social unrest. Also on the release, Napalm Death offer the slower and textural new song "No Impediment To Triumph (Bhopal)". A deeply resonant number that lyrically sheds light on the horrific Bhopal Gas Tragedy of 1984. Without question, "No Impediment…" is truly powerful and poignant moment for this legendary band.
    last.fm

Ugh, I hate Converge, but love Entombed and that does sound pretty great

August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

how cow, that was much better than i expected it to be hahaha
    last.fm

ahahaha and as soon as i go to facebook to share it I see that ATP has just posted it
    last.fm

hahaha, yeah thats where i found it.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

Hahahahahhahahahahahaha I have to show that to my buddy, who some people call keyboard cat guy

Fear Factory
    Voivod
    Cattle Decapitation
    Misery Index
    Revocation
    Havok
    Dirge
    Within
    Last Chance to Reason
    Vildhjarta
    The Browning
    Forged in Flame

7/06/2012 Studio Seven – Seattle, WA 7/07/2012 Vogue Theatre – Vancouver, BC 7/11/2012 Pyramid Cabaret – Winnipeg, MB 7/12/2012 Station 4 – St Paul, MN 7/13/2012 The Rave – Milwaukee, WI 7/14/2012 Kool House – Toronto, ON 7/17/2012 Imperial Theater – Quebec City, QC 7/18/2012 Club Soda – Montreal, QC 7/20/2012 Northern Lights – Clifton, NY 7/21/2012 Town Ballroom – Buffalo, NY 7/22/2012 Reverb – Reading, PA 7/25/2012 Palladium – Worcester, MA 7/26/2012 Empire – Springfield, VA 7/29/2012 Tebala Shrine – Rockford, IL 8/02/2012 Nakai Hall – Window Rock, AZ 8/03/2012 The Marqee Theater – Tempe, AZ 8/04/2012 House Of Blues – Hollywood, CA

Sorry this post is so sloppy, I'm on my phone. New indoor touring festival called Shockwave with a pretty great top half besides Fear Factory. Kinda pissed off that all these great shows are happening the 2 weeks I will be in the South Pacific /first world problems

Oooh that's awesome. I'm actually a big Fear Factory fan too, but haven't them in a few years. I want to see them with Hoglan.
    last.fm

They lost me after Obsolete

so the new Wolfbrigade album is great.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

The only crust band I have ever really gotten into is Doom, and late Darkthrone if we are counting that

I am however very excited to see Hellbastard at Maryland Deathfest, maybe that will convert me

You should check out Dystopia if you haven't. Fantastic crust sludge metal. Phobia as well, one of my favorite grindcore bands.
    last.fm

What makes something "crust"? Is it like punk-infused metal? Is it the vocals? I have such a hard time teasing apart the different metal genres. I am making progress though.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Crust is more about the scene its from and much less about the genre itself. Crust is very DIY movement, generally vegan, pro-animal rights, anti-deforestation, anti-war, etc. They're like the hippies of hardcore and metal. But it can encompass hardcore, death metal, grindcore, sludge, etc. There's a large visual aesthetic that goes along with it too, and from the DIY nature of it you're going to get a lot of basement recordings and a general lo-fi quality to everything.

I hung out with a lot of crust kids in my early college days and there was a really vibrant backyard concert scene in the East los Angeles area. That's really the only way that i know anything about it.
    last.fm

This triumvirate of member-related bands are my personal favorite crust bands (they're all very stylistically similar, it's easy to tell they shared members):

His Hero Is Gone

Tragedy

From Ashes Rise

Some others i really like

italy's Cripple Bastards

Brazil's Ratos de Porão

Sweden's Victims

And the 2 I mentioned before:

Dystopia

Phobia
    last.fm

awesome. thanks, drinkey!
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I already posted this in the SF thread but.... does anyone in here by chance have any extra tickets to see Meshuggah/Baroness at the Fillmore tomorrow night? I fucked myself over and waited until last minute to get the tickets, it sold out and now nothing is popping up on CL, I'm freakin out!!!!

PM me ASAP please!
    Weedeater/Black Cobra 1/17 @ Thee Parkside | Justin Timberlake @ SAP Center 1/19 | Scott H. Biram @ Rickshaw Stop 3/11 (?) |DEATH @ The Chapel 3/23 | Gary Numan @ the Fillmore 4/6 | Coachella Weekend 1 | Franz Ferdinand 4/28