Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 60616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2071

Thread: The Official Metal Thread

Default Re: The Official Metal Thread

Thank you Ben!

We are proud to announce the long awaited arrival of www.PartySmasherInc.com where we will be offering insight, resources and stories of trial and error in an effort to inspire and nurture more independent ventures, DIY environments and the emergence of better, stronger and more meaningful art into the mainstream marketplace. Come check out behind the scenes w. Massive Attack, a one on one with Walking Dead's, Norman Reedus, and a conversation between Weinman and his friend, Mike Patton. Join the socials @partysmasherinc

11/24 Interpol @ T5
    11/26 Joris Voorn @ Output
    11/28 & 29 Time Warp
    11/30 Run the Jewels @ Stage 48

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Wow! I really love that Housecore lineup
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Yeah that Housecore lineup is incredible. I can't wait.

By the way guys, Sleep have released their first new track in nearly 20 years. The Clarity.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/20...ep-the-clarity

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Yeah that Housecore lineup is incredible. I can't wait.

By the way guys, Sleep have released their first new track in nearly 20 years. The Clarity.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/20...ep-the-clarity
    lol. What are you smoking? Listening to too much Lily Allen

11/24 Interpol @ T5
    11/28 & 29 Time Warp

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    lol. What are you smoking? Listening to too much Lily Allen
    Spooks, what are you talking about? The last time Sleep recorded anything was in 1996, and both Jerusalem and Dopesmoker were written before that. Every single piece of news published today is saying this is their first newly written and recorded material in nearly 20 years. Stop being such a dickhead just for the point of being a dickhead.
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

This is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Spooks, what are you talking about? The last time Sleep recorded anything was in 1996, and both Jerusalem and Dopesmoker were written before that. Every single piece of news published today is saying this is their first newly written and recorded material in nearly 20 years. Stop being such a dickhead just for the point of being a dickhead.
    He's just the dumbest person alive. He probably thinks the Dopesmoker reissue that came out a few years ago was brand new material. He only listens to metal that Brooklyn Vegan tells him to so it's not his fault he's so ungodly stupid. I'm willing to bet he doesn't know 95% of the Housecore Horror lineup he posted.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Speaking of the Housecore Horror lineup, how is Decapitated nowadays? I only ever saw them before Vitek died.

9/21 - Arsis @ New Royal Dive
    10/28 - Tycho @ North Park Theatre
    10/30 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Soda Bar
    11/4 - United Nations @ Los Globos
    11/12 - DFA 1979 @ House Of Blues
    11/14 - The Presets @ North Park Theatre
    11/29 - Cake @ Del Mar

Being a Southeast guy, I see a ton of east coast metal and pretty much all of the Southern metal bands at some point. I've seen Lazer/Wulf open 3 or 4 shows and have been super impressed by them every time. Their new album "The Beast of Left and Right" is pretty freaking awesome. It's a mostly instrumental musical palindrome, with the first and second halves using the same chord structures and themes. Way more importantly to me is that it's SUPER tight, really mathy, and has a great groove. This album, coupled with the new/old Don Caballero that I got in the mail yesterday has me pretty excited to listen to music this week.

Wolves in the Throne Room tonight, has anyone seen them on this tour/know what to expect? Is it all synth?

They are not doing any synth stuff this tour.

What? Weird

I've been at Gilead fest since late Friday, and while I'm having a good time I haven't really seen much music. Camping and being home from Roskilde for only a week left me a bit more beat than I anticipated. All that said, I can't recommend the fest enough. Great venue. Amazing sound. 3$ WI craft beer and free bottled water. Good/respectful crowd with almost no crusties fucking shit up. Oshkosh is also a really great little town with lots of great local stores bars and eateries
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    He's just the dumbest person alive. He probably thinks the Dopesmoker reissue that came out a few years ago was brand new material. He only listens to metal that Brooklyn Vegan tells him to so it's not his fault he's so ungodly stupid. I'm willing to bet he doesn't know 95% of the Housecore Horror lineup he posted.
    Man, you really are stupid. Did you know that both albums ‘Jerusalem’ and ‘Dopesmoker’ were both written in 1996? Subtract that year from 2014....what do you think the answer is? I'll tell you it's not 20!

11/24 Interpol @ T5
    11/28 & 29 Time Warp

Keyword - nearly
    Translation

Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15

Last.fm

Yes, 18 years is definitely "nearly 20 years." Also, the 2 albums were recorded in 1996 after a 4 year writing process. Spooks, why don't you stop attacking like a fucking baby, leave Nathan alone, and shut the fuck up?
    last.fm

A friend's band has been getting some decent reviews in the LA metal scene. Check it out

Ancient Altar
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    11/29 2 Bears @Avalon - 12/5 Flight Facilities @Regent - 12/27 IAMX @Complex - 12/31 IAMX @Slims

Yes, 18 years is definitely "nearly 20 years." Also, the 2 albums were recorded in 1996 after a 4 year writing process. Spooks, why don't you stop attacking like a fucking baby, leave Nathan alone, and shut the fuck up?
    I really don't get his weird obsession with me.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Man, you really are stupid. Did you know that both albums ‘Jerusalem’ and ‘Dopesmoker’ were both written in 1996?
    Not everyone has the time to look up bands on Wikipedia so they can pretend to be the hardestcore superfans ever, Spooks. We're not all that fortunate.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

Hiro, when was the last time your parents told you that they wished they had drowned you in a river? I'm betting it's before they realized that you're a 30 year old dipshit begging for concert tickets on Twitter every minute.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

There is a Spooks thread. His idiocy is standard, and at this point really shouldn't be a surprise or cause for derailment of a thread.

Anyway. I wasn't initially sold on the Corrections House record. I figured they were just another disappointing super group that sounds interesting on paper, but never materializes to anything great. They ended up being my favorite set at Roskilde, and since then I have listened to the record at least once a day. I am loving it more and more after each listen. I would say it's probably more industrial than metal, but man does it hit the spot lately. It's like this minimal, noisy, doomed out NIN sound with Mike IX (Eyehategod) and Scott Kelly (Neurosis) on vocals with a wailing sax on top of everything. In short, give this record a spin or a couple if you're not sold the first time around.
    Last edited by stinkbutt; 07-22-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Anyway. I wasn't initially sold on the Corrections House record. I figured they were just another disappointing super group that sounds interesting on paper, but never materializes to anything great. They ended up being my favorite set at Roskilde, and since then I have listened to the record at least once a day. I am loving it more and more after each listen. I would say it's probably more industrial than metal, but man does it hit the spot lately. It's like this minimal, noisy, doomed out NIN sound with Mike IX (Eyehategod) and Scott Kelly (Neurosis) on vocals with a wailing sax on top of everything. In short, give this record a couple spin or a couple if you're not sold the first time around.
    Sounds cool; I've got to check this out. I wasn't really open to metal prior to this year but conversations with bmack really opened it up a lot, and there's so much good stuff.

I have listened to Herder's Gods twice now, and it's fucking awesome. It's a pretty big, sludgy, stoney sound. You can stream it on bandcamp: http://herder.bandcamp.com/album/gods

Also, even though it's certainly not a traditional metal album, the new Wolves in the Throne Room is really amazing. I love it.
    last.fm

Portal just posted this on facebook:

In October our projector show will be facilitated on U.S. soil, one show only.
    Other acts include Danzig/Samhain, Hobbs Angel Of Death Official, MACABRE, Lustmord, this event will also house the official celebration for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre's 40th Anniversary.
    Anyone know what their projector show is? I don't know if this means it's going to be their only US date this year but I wouldn't think they'd fly all the way from Australia for just one show.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Well, isn't Impetuous Ritual playing as well (or am I thinking of next year's MDF?) If so, I could see Portal doing just that set and those members in IR doing more shows, just to keep that Portal mystique
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

That's just MDF.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Well then, here's hoping! I would love to see clock man rant terrifyingly.

The MDF performance is billed as a US exclusive too. I don't see how they can afford to fly from Australia to play only two shows that are 8 months apart.

Well, the singer wears face coverings all the time and is incredibly eerie and ominous.

Have we given any thought to the fact that maybe, just maybe, this is the reason the last pope resigned: the papacy was getting in the way of his metal career? They could afford it if it was god's will.

Tiki kids! Slayer’s “War Ensemble”!!!

11/24 Interpol @ T5
    11/28 & 29 Time Warp

Checked out a couple new-to-me classics today:

First was Watchtower - Control and Resistance, which is total cheese prog metal at its finest. Usually even the best of this stuff drives me nuts, but I liked how they took a fusion approach with the bass (reminded me a ton of Cynic) so they won me over. I dug this.

Next was the first Pentagram album. Holy balls that thing rips. Like a very lo-fi Black Sabbath, those riffs are just so full of awesomeness, and he has some great vocal melodies as well. I will be checking out more from them.

Finally, Bathory. I decided to check out the first album after Pentagram because the covers always reminded me of one another. I thought that first album ripped, even though it was so lo fi as to lose its power. The second album drove me nuts at first with the overlong intro, but after that, man, what a ripper. I can't wait to go through the rest of the catalog.