Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: HELP! Need Quiet Tent Camping (off-site) I've got a 16 yr old

  1. #1

    Cool HELP! Need Quiet Tent Camping (off-site) I've got a 16 yr old

    Hi.
    This is my first time. I've got a minor, so I need offsite. Looking for a quiet spot to sleep. Have gear. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,584

    Default Re: HELP! Need Quiet Tent Camping (off-site) I've got a 16 yr old

    Holiday Inn? I have a feeling that the offsite camping is going to be even crazier then the onsite camping. People won't have their bags searched for booze and drugz.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  3. #3
    Member sk8r408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,041

    Default Re: HELP! Need Quiet Tent Camping (off-site) I've got a 16 yr old

    Lake Cahuilla is your best bet. On line registration is closed until later this month but they are taking reservations by phone.

    Lake Cahuilla thread here:
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120

    More info on Lake Cahuilla and other options here:
    http://www.coachella.com/visitors/offsite-camping

  4. #4

    Default Re: HELP! Need Quiet Tent Camping (off-site) I've got a 16 yr old

    you = hotel

    16 yo = see you monday
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    hsrom is betr then acd
    You're skating on thin ice, Assy!

    Sounds like the ices problem to me.

  5. #5

    Default Re: HELP! Need Quiet Tent Camping (off-site) I've got a 16 yr old

    i would say the shadowhills rv place might be a shout, though like they said above, could be a fair bit of booze etc on the go...

  6. #6

    Default Re: HELP! Need Quiet Tent Camping (off-site) I've got a 16 yr old

    We would like to offer you a spot on our property for your tent that will be quiet and out of the way. We can provide bathroom/shower facility for you and your daughter. You would also have access to our pool/spa; outdoor kitchen/dining; and outdoor living space and fireplace. We will also provide a shuttle to:from the Festival. Rate: $150/night not including camping gear.

    Hope that helps!

  7. #7
    Member AlecEiffel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Daly City, CA
    Posts
    2,439

    Default Re: HELP! Need Quiet Tent Camping (off-site) I've got a 16 yr old

    Quote Originally Posted by gleslie View Post
    We would like to offer you a spot on our property for your tent that will be quiet and out of the way. We can provide bathroom/shower facility for you and your daughter. You would also have access to our pool/spa; outdoor kitchen/dining; and outdoor living space and fireplace. We will also provide a shuttle to:from the Festival. Rate: $150/night not including camping gear.

    Hope that helps!
    1) holy cow that's pretty expensive. More expensive than many of the motels.

    2) why do you assume this person has a daughter?

  8. #8

    Default Re: HELP! Need Quiet Tent Camping (off-site) I've got a 16 yr old

    You are correct -- I shouldn't assume the 16year old was a daughter -- the offer would still stand if the person was bringing a son...

    As for the expense: the shout out was for a "low key and quiet" place -- area "motels" will be anything but that! The location is less than a mile from the concert grounds and offers a shuttle to:from.

    However, that is the beauty of all of this -- there are no obligations -- everyone can make the decision that works best for them.

    Have a wonderful day!

  9. #9
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,557

    Default Re: HELP! Need Quiet Tent Camping (off-site) I've got a 16 yr old

    Quote Originally Posted by gleslie View Post
    You are correct -- I shouldn't assume the 16year old was a daughter -- the offer would still stand if the person was bringing a son...

    As for the expense: the shout out was for a "low key and quiet" place -- area "motels" will be anything but that! The location is less than a mile from the concert grounds and offers a shuttle to:from.

    However, that is the beauty of all of this -- there are no obligations -- everyone can make the decision that works best for them.

    Have a wonderful day!
    Sounds to me like your trying to make a quick $450. I dont blame you......
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

    - PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,914

    Default Re: HELP! Need Quiet Tent Camping (off-site) I've got a 16 yr old

    Quote Originally Posted by AlecEiffel View Post
    1) holy cow that's pretty expensive. More expensive than many of the motels.
    Really? You aren't having a problem finding nearby hotels for under $150? I think you're crazy. At this point there aren't any cheap hotels buddy.

  11. #11
    Member blakely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the land where the trees died of fear
    Posts
    1,054

    Default Re: HELP! Need Quiet Tent Camping (off-site) I've got a 16 yr old

    the lurker shows his member to the kids at the old school.

  12. #12
    Member NY Excuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    87

    Default Re: HELP! Need Quiet Tent Camping (off-site) I've got a 16 yr old

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Really? You aren't having a problem finding nearby hotels for under $150? I think you're crazy. At this point there aren't any cheap hotels buddy.
    I got two rooms in palm springs for 530 for the three days on orbitz

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 07:37 PM
  2. off site camping
    By vitruvious in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 09:30 PM
  3. Off site Camping
    By T-Rye in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 08:05 PM
  4. How far is the camping site from the concert site
    By 068752m in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 09:12 AM
  5. On-Site vs. Off-Site Camping
    By rsviking39 in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-28-2007, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •