Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 289

Thread: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

  1. #151
    Member Zippy024's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    A bus sounds like a good idea, or check with one of the airport shuttle companies and maybe they can arrange a deal with a bunch of you so it won't be too expensive to be driven out to Indio.

  2. #152
    Lurker
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Damn, I don't come on for a few days and the group is full, haha. Anyways, if any space gets freed up I'd love to join you wonderful people.

    http://www.myspace.com/shelecttheneshctshongplz

  3. #153

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Heya - I should be getting in around 11 am on thursday so pm me about figuring transport.

  4. #154

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Can I please join your group? I'm also flying solo this year. I plan on having herbal refreshments

  5. #155

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzieKate View Post
    Im a soloist flying into LA thurs too.... any ideas yet on how to make it to the camp??
    yeah... fly into a closer airport...

  6. #156

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    For those looking for a ride from PSP, look for a thread from jimmycrackcorn.
    He's got a pretty sweet deal. I've had it in my thoughts to post the thread here all day but, right now I'm too tired to look. Been up for over 30 hours...I just wanna get it out there before I forget!

  7. #157
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C., CANADA
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Coming from Vancouver, BC, Canada. Coachella Virgin. Super chill chick looking to make some great friends and have a real rad time. Travelling solo.

  8. #158

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    any chill chicks or anyone cool to smoke out can camp near me...

  9. #159
    Member carasmellsok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, AUSTRALIA!
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Umm ok so NEED to vent...United Airline called to say my credit card had declined and I'm like WTF cos it's a Debit MasterCard and I know exaclty how much is in there...

    So I call my bank and they're like "Yeah, United is trying to charge you $150 more than what you've been quoted" which is $20 more than I have in the account.

    I call United and they confirm that they were only going to take out the amount for the flight BUT that they have some glitch in their system that overcharges when you pay by credit card and that it will be put back in a few days.

    I could have moved $20 over in a second but they shouldn't be overcharging me.

    We eventually came to the agreement that we hated each other and that I didn't want to fly with them.

    So my question is - now that I can fly over/back whenever, how long should I stay in LA for? What should I do? This is super unrelated to camping BUT this thread is kinda dying and maybe fellow solo-flyers want to do things in LA with me. I'm pretty amazing.

  10. #160
    Member zamuelwashington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    83

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    if you guys are on the list then you should join us at the myspace group. we're already talkin about meeting up at LAX.

    http://groups.myspace.com/OFSOCT

    yogansta you gotta check the list again and take a roll call to double check if all of the those people are actually staying with us cuz i think virgolibra is off for sure.

  11. #161
    Member replacethestars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by carasmellsok View Post
    So my question is - now that I can fly over/back whenever, how long should I stay in LA for? What should I do? This is super unrelated to camping BUT this thread is kinda dying and maybe fellow solo-flyers want to do things in LA with me. I'm pretty amazing.
    There's a TON of stuff to do in LA and the surrounding cities.
    I live in LB... a little ways south of LA.
    So if you fly in early, I'd be happy to cruise up and explore LA or venice beach or hollywood and the like

  12. #162
    Member Naproxen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The District
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    So I found out today that my friends are not going this year, even though they already purchased tickets! I am a single female traveler now from CT, 4th year at Coachella, and if there is space in this group I'd love to join the family this year.


    [ Coachella '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (W1), *'14 (W1) ]

  13. #163
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by carasmellsok View Post
    We eventually came to the agreement that we hated each other and that I didn't want to fly with them.
    Have you looked at V australia? The have a promo rate at the moment, i got my flights for like $950

  14. #164
    Member carasmellsok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, AUSTRALIA!
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Have you looked at V australia? The have a promo rate at the moment, i got my flights for like $950
    Yeah they were who I was going to go with originally but United were cheaper. Damn me and my pov-ness.

    In the process of making plans...but replacethestars, umm yes!!

  15. #165
    Lurker yogangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada, eh.
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    **UPDATE**

    We will have an updated list of confirmed members tomorrow and I'm hoping we'll be able to add more people to our group (pending approval from from the organizers who are doing all the work on this! Thank you replacethestars and jprana...)

    If you are an original member and haven't yet PM'd replacethestars with your contact/arrival info, please do so ASAP. Also, if you no longer wish to be on the list please let me know so we can remove you and open your spot to others who would like to join.

  16. #166

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    There are some new posters on here that are eager to join the cool club, so I say open it back up.

  17. #167
    Lurker yogangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada, eh.
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by j. prana View Post
    There are some new posters on here that are eager to join the cool club, so I say open it back up.
    I think I've PM'd those that posted wanting to join, requesting them to contact replacethestars with contact/arrival info. If I missed anyone, please post again, and contact replacethestars, and we will sign you up...

  18. #168

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Hey I am interested in joining- Im from BC and will be arrving in PS airport around 1pm on thursday. Thanks!

  19. #169

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    YOU, ME, AND OUR CAMPSITE!

    Hey everyone. I am trying to consider myself as the 5th Beatle or in this case the 4th member of organizers such as YoYo/Prana/Replace. Replacethestars and I have spoken already and I have discussed with her some of the things I would like to consider as important things we are going to need...

    A. Tables and Chairs
    Seeing as how most of the people camping will be overwhelmed with their camping gear for their flights, I would like to ask if everyone who is driving there would mind bringing a chair (including one for yourself) or a table. I plan to bring a table and a couple of chairs.

    B. Ice Chest/Cooler
    Enough said. bring one. I will bring one as well.

    C. Location Indicators
    Ok, since we are all a first timer group, I am sure I wont be the only one having a hard time trying to find our area. So, Lets discuss how we will keep our area lit up and alive for those campers who may have a hard time finding their tent after visiting the drink tents ha ha. I will look into getting some emergency wind up charge lights. Since there will not be any electrical outlets. Yes, batteries are good, but save yourself some money with something that wont die out as you leave it in the light. I am also going to consider bringing Glow sticks (for partying) and as a way to make our campsite look more noticeable.

    WELL! I hope you had fun reading. Let me know what you think. If you plan to bring something that would be very useful and thoughtful for other to use, let me know. Personal Message me or just post through here.

    Let's make sure we have all great campsite and that our out of state travelers have a great time at Coachella.

    AIM asof1987
    Last edited by AskTheBoyRacer; 03-16-2009 at 08:25 PM.

  20. #170
    Lurker yogangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada, eh.
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AskTheBoyRacer View Post
    YOU, ME, AND OUR CAMPSITE!

    C. Location Indicators
    Ok, since we are all a first timer group, I am sure I wont be the only one having a hard time trying to find our area. So, Lets discuss how we will keep our area lit up and alive for those campers who may have a hard time finding their tent after visiting the drink tents ha ha. I will look into getting some emergency wind up charge lights. Since there will not be any electrical outlets. Yes, batteries are good, but save yourself some money with something that wont die out as you leave it in the light. I am also going to consider bringing Glow sticks (for partying) and as a way to make our campsite look more noticeable.
    I've got a decent selection of solar lights (LED strings, twinkling clusters, etc) that I've used at previous music fests to help identify our campsite-- they charge by day and come on at dusk. I'll bring what I can reasonably pack with my gear.

  21. #171

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Thanks dude! That sounds great too. YoYo I am sure you've got this all down. Thanks again.

  22. #172
    Lurker yogangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada, eh.
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AskTheBoyRacer View Post
    Thanks dude! That sounds great too. YoYo I am sure you've got this all down. Thanks again.
    LOL! Actually no, I so DO NOT have all this down-- and dare I say if it weren't for the likes of you, jprana, replacethestars, and alicide, etc, this thread would have gone to shite! So many thanks to all of yas for your planning and organizing.

  23. #173
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AskTheBoyRacer View Post
    YOU, ME, AND OUR CAMPSITE!



    C. Location Indicators
    Ok, since we are all a first timer group, I am sure I wont be the only one having a hard time trying to find our area. So, Lets discuss how we will keep our area lit up and alive for those campers who may have a hard time finding their tent after visiting the drink tents ha ha. I will look into getting some emergency wind up charge lights. Since there will not be any electrical outlets. Yes, batteries are good, but save yourself some money with something that wont die out as you leave it in the light. I am also going to consider bringing Glow sticks (for partying) and as a way to make our campsite look more noticeable.



    AIM asof1987
    FLAG IDEA: Wouldn't it be cool to cut open some glowsticks and use the goo for a glow in the dark pattern on a white flag? It would be easy to see at night.. if anyone thinks this is possible I will bring a mess o' glowsticks
    Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    and I hope you die, you rail- fighting, tiesto-enjoying waste of life force
    06 07 08 09 10

  24. #174

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PoolPartyz View Post
    FLAG IDEA: Wouldn't it be cool to cut open some glowsticks and use the goo for a glow in the dark pattern on a white flag? It would be easy to see at night.. if anyone thinks this is possible I will bring a mess o' glowsticks
    The glow in glowsticks come from a chemical reaction, so it may work for a while, but will eventually die. It may be more trouble than it's worth to repaint the thing over and over. There will be limited light at night, but I think if we aim on getting a camp flag high enough as a landmark, we should find camp easily.

    Keep in mind that we will be right next to the other large camp groups, and Alicide will be the first on site to claim our spot for us, so we should be in a prime location.

  25. #175
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las vegas NV
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    my vacation officially starts today. wow the next month is gonna be ruff as hell! im goning to vegas for three weeks to work while still partying so any of you come out to vegas hit me up i would be glad to meet ya out there. like i said before im gonna do a stop by my parents house before i come up to coachella if you guys need any supplies i can bring whatever most likely ill be driving a truck up to the fest.well im excited as hell for this next month to take place keep me posted on what to bring and ill try and come through with it all.

  26. #176

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yogangsta View Post
    I think I've PM'd those that posted wanting to join, requesting them to contact replacethestars with contact/arrival info. If I missed anyone, please post again, and contact replacethestars, and we will sign you up...
    PM me yo

  27. #177
    Member carasmellsok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, AUSTRALIA!
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by j. prana View Post
    The glow in glowsticks come from a chemical reaction, so it may work for a while, but will eventually die. It may be more trouble than it's worth to repaint the thing over and over. There will be limited light at night, but I think if we aim on getting a camp flag high enough as a landmark, we should find camp easily.

    Keep in mind that we will be right next to the other large camp groups, and Alicide will be the first on site to claim our spot for us, so we should be in a prime location.
    This one time, my friend had a glow stick in his mouth and it leaked but he didn't die even though we thought/hoped he would.

    And to anyone that cares I got flights!!! With qantas cos they were cheaper than Virgin. Super excited!!

  28. #178

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by carasmellsok View Post
    This one time, my friend had a glow stick in his mouth and it leaked but he didn't die even though we thought/hoped he would.

    And to anyone that cares I got flights!!! With qantas cos they were cheaper than Virgin. Super excited!!
    how are you getting to the coach yo

  29. #179
    Member carasmellsok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, AUSTRALIA!
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Was gonna get in a rental with some others from this posse

    CONVOY!!!

  30. #180

    Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by carasmellsok View Post
    Was gonna get in a rental with some others from this posse

    CONVOY!!!
    oh well good luck with that what camp siite u staying at im at lake chauilla

Similar Threads

  1. THE OFFICIAL: "PLEASE GET FLYING LOTUS FOR COACHELLA 09 THREAD"
    By AllenIsBack in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 11:23 PM
  2. THE OFFICIAL BRING FLYING LOTUS TO COACHELLA THREAD
    By KNEE GROWS in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 04:11 PM
  3. Any hints for an Aussie boy flying solo?
    By Dan Clulow in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 01:39 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-20-2008, 04:42 PM
  5. Flying solo??????
    By anaussieinreno in forum Questions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 05:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •