Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

old school

Default Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

yeah, i think with the 2-3 cars we'll have, all we need is to coordinate meeting up and arriving at the same time.. and preferably, around the same time as certain fellow camp groups

i'm not sure if more than 2-3 from the group will be bringing a car, but if so YAY! (and i think the group should be limited to people from last year and/or friends of those people, unless there are more of us bringing cars that will be arriving at the same time as us, they're good sized spaces, but not infinite)

replacethestars was talking about splitting the costs of the spaces, but with small amounts of beer being allowed in this year, i'd probably be willing to let people camp on my spot for a case of beer (a 24 or 30 pack per person i believe is the limit)...

i'm down with a communal pyramid of cases of beer! no more drudging out to the parking lots..
    Last edited by nbvcide; 01-20-2010 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

a case will get me by for the first day.... a trip to ralph's will be surely be made every morning after. lol

if the setup is anything like bonnaroo, the car searches will be minimal, and as long as we don't obviously overdo it, that 1 case/person limit can be fuzzed a little.

old school

yeah, i think the 30 packs are bending the rules of a case, but it's doable.. the problem for me, as with several of us, there will be multiple people arriving in the same car, and i don't wanna get hassled for having more than 3-4 cases in the same vehicle.. it's already gonna look like a shitload as it is..

but yeah, i proposed that we can have a game of quarters or some drinking game on friday night to determine which two people have to take the shuttle to ralph's the next morning, and pick up a couple more for us

not every person will be drinking a case a day like you & me, if we get a communal stash going, i think what we arrive with will tide us over the first day and a half (we'll be able to sneak liquor in with the cars EASY, and there will be other party favors..)
    Last edited by nbvcide; 01-20-2010 at 11:45 PM.

Why are you not camping with us wes?
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

old school

i am.. i've already explained this to mark and several others..

i plan on having 2-3 tents, for a variety of reasons.. one of the advantages of lots of people camping on the car spots means i don't have to be next to my car, and i've got lots of non-PAW friends going too, several of whom are coming in my car. the preliminary plan is for our group to be as close as possible to you guys anyway, just like last year.. this group has more international travelers and people flying in, thus less cars.. i'm just spreading out my resources..

besides, it sounds like PAW is gonna be in several locations anyway..
    Last edited by nbvcide; 01-20-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Talking Re: The Official Flying Solo Overflow Camping Thread

I will be flying in from Buffalo NY solo and though I do have a friend in LA I am pretty sure I will be on my own for most of the festival. Day one is my birthday so I am looking forward to a celebration like no other. Hoping to make some new friends before I make my first trip to Cali ever.

Hey guys, i just wanted to drop a line. I wont be camping with you guys cuz my friend got me to stay at the house he is renting. I do hope we run into each other during the festival, or even share a beer in the parking lot. Let me know if you guys are facebook since myspace is dead now.

old school

lolz..

idk, what do you think justin? with laura out (or possibly joining us later), is there really even a open group thing happening this year? it's just you, chris, jessica + cherish, me, possibly my friend michele.. pash is out, billy can't make it, and i haven't really talked to many of the others.. i'm still waiting to hear back from james..

if someone other than me wants to organize it, and if we have other cars to make a larger group (or have someone who is arriving with me get a tent only camping spot we can set up next to the one i'm getting)..

Hi. I have a big house and lot acros the polo field. Cross the street and you are at the festival. I have plenty of room for you guys camping or parking your car let me know. If you want to be together you could all stay in front of the polo, my house and do not be stuck on traffic for two hours trying to get home after each event. lastaf_2000@yahoo.com

Hey, I was looking around on here, and I saw you were from KC. I am from Hays, Ks, and I was wondering how you were getting to Coachella. My friend and I want to go real bad, but we need to find a ride. Worse comes to worse, we will be flying, but that's a hell of a hassle I don't want to screw with? Any possibility you are driving?

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    lolz..

idk, what do you think justin? with laura out (or possibly joining us later), is there really even a open group thing happening this year? it's just you, chris, jessica + cherish, me, possibly my friend michele.. pash is out, billy can't make it, and i haven't really talked to many of the others.. i'm still waiting to hear back from james..

if someone other than me wants to organize it, and if we have other cars to make a larger group (or have someone who is arriving with me get a tent only camping spot we can set up next to the one i'm getting)..
    Considering everything I got going on w/ work and school, I don't think I'll have a lot of time to organize an open group this year. I'm sure we'll add a few more peeps as we get closer to April.

I got a camping pass as well, so if we decide to make a larger car parking campsite, I can rent an SUV for the weekend.. or we could use my pass for tent only camping. We'll have plenty of space for any add-ons.

Banned

i want in!

i'm going solo too, from salt lake city.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by j. prana View Post
    I got a camping pass as well, so if we decide to make a larger car parking campsite, I can rent an SUV for the weekend.. or we could use my pass for tent only camping. We'll have plenty of space for any add-ons.
    wait, did you get a car camping pass? or a tent only pass?

just curious, either way works, i just wanna make sure..
    Last edited by nbvcide; 02-14-2010 at 10:49 AM.

There's only one type of camping pass - it's good for either a spot in car camping OR a spot in tent camping.

edit: I guess RV passes are a second kind of camping pass. If you can call that camping ...
    Last edited by Stickjohn; 02-14-2010 at 05:46 AM.

Im going dolo from Connecticut, this is my first year there but Im gonna be flying in around 10pm hopefully everything works out.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    There's only one type of camping pass - it's good for either a spot in car camping OR a spot in tent camping.

edit: I guess RV passes are a second kind of camping pass. If you can call that camping ...
    hmm, that's odd.. i coulda swore they were billed diff during presale..

then why do they say car camping is 'limited' if they have zero clue until the day people show up how full it's gonna be?

that actually works better for me, i was gonna pick up two, now i won't have to worry about whether it's two car spots or one of each til i get there..

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    hmm, that's odd.. i coulda swore they were billed diff during presale..

then why do they say car camping is 'limited' if they have zero clue until the day people show up how full it's gonna be?

that actually works better for me, i was gonna pick up two, now i won't have to worry about whether it's two car spots or one of each til i get there..
    it's gonna be interesting how the car camping pans out for sure. i'm guessing that the number of campers @ coachella are gonna be way more than stagecoach or phishfest.

old school

thank god for yogangsta..

Lurker

Hey Guys,
    I plan on making it there. Will be bringing dad's Town & Country (he doesn't know it yet) and would love to meet up with ya allz.

Are you going Thursday night?

~Chris