Thread: IS IT POSSIBLE TO RE-ENTER

Default IS IT POSSIBLE TO RE-ENTER

What are we prisoners. We pay 100/day to enjoy a festival, and god forbid we want to go back to our hotel for an hour or two and we're not allowed back in. Does anyone else think that's b.s

Default Re: IS IT POSSIBLE TO RE-ENTER

in theory it's bullshit but if you know anything about event management, 60,000+ is a lot of people to have in one space at one time

I don't get the reason to leave. Why do you need to go back to your hotel? If you want to relax, lay down under some shade in the grass. It's not constantly loud music. You can have your chillax time.

Dudleyville, AZ (yes, it's a real place!)

but what about quick shower to freeshen up in the evening time? and chug a lug for free (almost) in the parking lot time?
    I don't have anything clever to say right now.
    Tiff's Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by Ocanada View Post
    What are we prisoners. We pay 100/day to enjoy a festival, and god forbid we want to go back to our hotel for an hour or two and we're not allowed back in. Does anyone else think that's b.s
    the only way they can keep the traffic jams down to four hours is to have everybody going in the same direction AT THE VERY LEAST. So we have 10,000 inbound cars, and then some clown trying to drive to his hotel in the opposite direction??? I don't think so. All the surface roads in the area are controlled by traffic cops and converted to one way streets to help alleviate the traffic situation.

as far as reentry from the camp ground, if you leave at any time between 2pm and 6pm, you will wait an hour to get back in. If you are leaving at 8pm, why bother coming back in at all??

I feel you though... I would rather Bjiork stayed home and either Carl or Pete's new band showed up.

"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need... yeah.""

Dudleyville, AZ (yes, it's a real place!)

dammit, that damn song is now going to be my head and I was just about to go to sleep....gee thanks
    I don't have anything clever to say right now.
    Tiff's Myspace

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by prettydirtything View Post

as far as reentry from the camp ground, if you leave at any time between 2pm and 6pm, you will wait an hour to get back in. If you are leaving at 8pm, why bother coming back in at all??

E

60,000 people is not some obscene amount of people. Every NFL game draws that many people and they manage just fine. The only reason i can imagine for not letting you re-enter is to squeeze more money out of you for food and booze. Crowd control is just an excuse, don't be fooled.
    Are they very strict with the re entry policy?

does anyone else feel like shooting themselves?

Are they very strict with the re entry policy?
    very strict. once you attempt to leave, you have several people warning you you cant get back in.

Quote Originally Posted by kimery08 View Post
    I think I can handle one more of these threads, possibly they can combine it with the "How do I Buy Heroin and Crack" threads into a 'We need to have re-entry so we can buy our drugs in the Parking Lot and not bother anyone else' Thread or 'Let us Re-enter so we can get drugs, and water' Thread

what the hell are you talking about, and why are you so obsessed with heroin and crack, no one else mentioned that

hes referring to the presence of multiple threads regarding the same topic. something thats bound to happen. certain people get very offended at having to read the same thing twice. some feel like shooting themselves.

what the hell are you talking about, and why are you so obsessed with heroin and crack, no one else mentioned that
    Sorry, I apologize. I was making a sarcastic comment more to the fact that for the last 2-3 months there has been a thread about basically the same thing every day if not every hour. The same with the threads for "How can I buy drugs in the Festival" (Stupidly posted on the Festivals Forum) and the "Why canít we bring water inĒ threads. All of these subjects have been beaten to the ground and pretty much had so much said about them that it makes a lot of people just want to cry. I am sorry if I came of annoyed with you, you may not have known about how may times this debate has come up, or how there is not a damn thing that can be done about it for this festival. Perhaps a more constructive thread would be about "here are the problems we have and we would like some input on how to fix this, here are some of my ideas" Instead of sitting around bitching about it and not solving anything except to make about 2/3 of the board members groan and shake their heads. I hope you have a good time at the Festival, and I am sure you will even if you canít go in and out. Again, I am sorry if you feel I am attacking you in particular, this thread just made me want to impale my eye on a dull rusty spoon attached to a wet wall socket. Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyinPhila View Post
    Again, I am sorry if you feel I am attacking you in particular, this thread just made me want to impale my eye on a dull rusty spoon attached to a wet wall socket. Thank You.
    and it made me want to shoot myself.
    but do enjoy.

my apologies.

and it made me want to shoot myself.
    but do enjoy.

my apologies.

hahahaha. you said it twice. you now want to shoot yourself for reading something twice which you yourself repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyinPhila View Post
    Sorry, I apologize. I was making a sarcastic comment more to the fact that for the last 2-3 months there has been a thread about basically the same thing every day if not every hour. The same with the threads for "How can I buy drugs in the Festival" (Stupidly posted on the Festivals Forum) and the "Why canít we bring water inĒ threads. All of these subjects have been beaten to the ground and pretty much had so much said about them that it makes a lot of people just want to cry. I am sorry if I came of annoyed with you, you may not have known about how may times this debate has come up, or how there is not a damn thing that can be done about it for this festival. Perhaps a more constructive thread would be about "here are the problems we have and we would like some input on how to fix this, here are some of my ideas" Instead of sitting around bitching about it and not solving anything except to make about 2/3 of the board members groan and shake their heads. I hope you have a good time at the Festival, and I am sure you will even if you canít go in and out. Again, I am sorry if you feel I am attacking you in particular, this thread just made me want to impale my eye on a dull rusty spoon attached to a wet wall socket. Thank You.

I don't know about anyone else but I am waaaay to impatient to read anything that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Leckie View Post
    in theory it's bullshit but if you know anything about event management, 60,000+ is a lot of people to have in one space at one time
    Hmm, in Denmark we have Roskilde festival and there's 100000 people? And they can go in and out as much as they want to.

Believe me RandyinPhilly, nothing you could ever say or do could possible have any effect on my emotional state. you are giving yourself way to much credit. furthermore, is someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to participate in this thread. If it is redundant, Why are you participating? You seem like a very sad individual.

Believe me RandyinPhilly, nothing you could ever say or do could possible have any effect on my emotional state. you are giving yourself way to much credit. furthermore, is someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to participate in this thread. If it is redundant, Why are you participating? You seem like a very sad individual.
    lol look who's participating in an online argument

looks like you are

hahahaha
    yes everytime i read a repeat post or someone complaining about how things are run, yes.

What was this thread about again?