Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Daft punk

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Default Re: Daft punk

thank you superfiction, I figured it was a fake especially considering it was in China...

Superfiction = the voice of reason in the Daft Punk world.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

HIDDEN TOUR 09

After 2 years of research and numerous attempts, we have finally found the secret.

We have quite jealously kept this secret and will be revealing it to you for the first time this Friday the 13th of February at a secret location.

Our matrix will be mixing sound and light in order to transform you into an eternal fan of electronic music.

You have been selected among many. You must keep this secret to yourself!
    The grammar and choice of words seems way off...

PRESS RELEASE

After 3 years of silence and many months of preparation, Thomas & Guy-Man are working on the studio release of their latest album. In particular, the duo have directed a video illustrating the title "Obama", a remix of "Aerodynamic", in which the name of the newest President is presented by a pronunciation software.

This latest album will be released along with an Asian Tour of 4 dates starting in Shanghai on the 13th of February 2009.

The concept of this tour is directed exclusively by the limited number of proposed seats.
    On a known date, the concert will take place in a secret location which will be revealed to participants just a few hours before the concert, adding the unique Thomas & Guy-Man touch for 2009.
    Uhh, the last Daft Punk show was in Sydney, AUS Dec 22. 2007 - That was only 1 year & 2 months ago (considering you don't count the Grammy's last year..).

Also,
    The following is a mixed-media stop motion music video and celebration commemorating the election and inauguration of Barack Obama as the forty-fourth president of these United States. Audibly showcasing Adam Freeland's remix of Daft Punk's "Aerodynamic" and the imaginative stylings of forward thinking toy artists Dalek, Bill McMullen and Kubrick to name just a few. Independently animated and directed by the progressive minds of the directing team GOLD, the piece is a labor of love that invites everyone to join in or create their own celebration this coming Tuesday January the 20th.

DP did not direct or have anything to do with that video, so I don't know why they added that there...

Altho these do look legit....

edit - I take it back. Wait it out guys....
    Last edited by Daft Fro; 02-09-2009 at 07:59 AM.

dude
    DAFT PUNK ≥ DAFT PUNK

Yeah so how do these people ALLEGEDLY get tix anyway?
    Go to a place directed by that map?
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

they won two grammys...

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

It is my understanding that they were robo-grammys.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

im calling shenanigans on this, besides all the contradictions, im pretty sure you wouldnt buy that many tickets, considering they are 500yen - about 73 USD. thats too much money money to buy 11 tickets.... although, it says on a forum somewhere (sorry i dont remember how i got to it) that someone got a ticket, and that you write down your phone number and they will call/ text you the day of the show to tell you where the show is.

dont fuck with my heaaaddd

edit - 11 tickets = 804 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    t.

Superfiction = the voice of reason in the Daft Punk world.
    QFT
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantomphlyer560 View Post
    im calling shenanigans on this, besides all the contradictions, im pretty sure you wouldnt buy that many tickets, considering they are 500yen - about 73 USD. thats too much money money to buy 11 tickets.... although, it says on a forum somewhere (sorry i dont remember how i got to it) that someone got a ticket, and that you write down your phone number and they will call/ text you the day of the show to tell you where the show is.

Yen is Japanese. Yuan is China.

1.00 USD
    =
    6.84070 CNY
    United States Dollars China Yuan Renminbi
    1 USD = 6.84070 CNY 1 CNY = 0.146184 USD
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

yeah i should have put rmb instead of yen, but it is still 804 bucks, because i searched it as 5500rmb, which is how much 11 tickets are.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It is my understanding that they were robo-grammys.
    It's Boss Time!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Wait...so you're saying it's fake because some one would have spent $800 on the tickets?

You know, little homie, not everyone works at McDonalds.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.

Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    Wait...so you're saying it's fake because some one would have spent $800 on the tickets?

You know, little homie, not everyone works at McDonalds.
    im saying thats part of the reason, did you not see ALL the other contradictions the website has? "after keeping silent for 3 years" there last show was december 2007. 1 year and 2 months. not three years. see the other posts for the rest, i dont want to retype or copy paste.

im saying thats part of the reason, did you not see ALL the other contradictions the website has? "after keeping silent for 3 years" there last show was december 2007. 1 year and 2 months. not three years. see the other posts for the rest, i dont want to retype or copy paste.

Ah...I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.

I just sent Pitchfork a "news tip" regarding this, so hopefully they do some investigating and either confirm or debunk it...
    or they just ignore me.

Quote Originally Posted by mvanwinkle View Post
    ON TOUR

27/03/2009
    Hidden (Moscow) - Russia

05/03/2009
    Hidden (Singapore) - Singapore

02/03/ 2009
    Hidden (Kuala Lumpur) - Malaysia

13/02/2009
    Hidden (Shanghai) - China
    Where did you get the rest of these dates from? on that dafthidden site I only can find info on shanghai...

Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian View Post
    I just sent Pitchfork a "news tip" regarding this, so hopefully they do some investigating and either confirm or debunk it...
    or they just ignore me.
    what confirmation do you need are you a retard? there are continuity errors all over the website. just look for yourself instead of needing pitchforks "word" on it.

Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

!?!?!??!!?

Website created by Sun Chen, a 25 year old Chinese student who writes long rambling blogs about life in Shanghai and his breakup with his boyfriend who lives near a golf course in La Puente, CA.

Here's his professional website: http://vermillionorange.com/
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

so less than 3 coachella tix?

god i cant believe this is still being discussed, it has hoax written all over it
    fuck

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian View Post
    or they just ignore me.
    They'll probably just report it like we are.

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    you guys are fucking morons. go look in the daft thread we already tore this site apart explaining why its a fake.
    Where is this thread you speak of?
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    Where is this thread you speak of?
    its in misc babble
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

From the Facebook event profile:

Now the french mythical electronic band Daft Punk is coming in Shanghai for one very special night on friday 13th February with a devious concept called dafthidden 09 tour as the concert venue will be kept hidden till Friday 13th morning. Daft Punk is working on his new album for 2 years and want to share the sound with their fans only before the album launch. And they planned 3 dates in Asia including Shanghai, 2 in Europe and 1 in US.

THEY SAY:

“ We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise. ”
    “ We're trying to separate the private side and the public side. It's just that we're a little bit embarrassed by the whole thing. We don't want to play this star system thing. We don't want to get recognised in the streets. Yes. Everyone has accepted us using masks in photos so far, which makes us happy. Maybe sometimes people are a little bit disappointed but that's the only way we want to do it. We think the music is the most personal thing we can give. The rest is just about people taking themselves seriously, which is all very boring sometimes.”

“ I think people understand what we are doing. I know many people who maybe like the way we are handling things. People understand that you don't need to be on the covers of magazines with your face to make good music. Painters or other artists, you don't know them but you know what they are doing. We are very happy that the concept in itself is becoming famous. In France, you speak of Daft Punk and I'm sure millions of people have heard it, but less than a few thousand people know our face - which is the thing we're into. We control it, but it's not us physically, our persons. We don't want to run into people who are the same age as us, shaking our hand and saying, 'Can I have your autograph?' because we think we're exactly like them. Even girls, they can fall in love with your music, but not with you. You don't always have to compromise yourself to be successful. The playing with masks is just to make it funnier. Pictures can be boring. We don't want all the rock n' roll poses and attitudes - they are completely stupid and ridiculous today." “ We never like to do the same thing twice. It's more fun and entertaining for us to do something different, whether it's wearing masks or developing a persona that merges fiction and reality. We're happy to give back to the masses. ”

***Now you understand why this is a "hidden Tour" just for the more devoted and honest new school electronic music Fans***

Cover: Rmb 500

-> Run and get your ticket at Taicang lu 58, (Xintiandi) if you want to be in this unique event!

Good luck guys!!

www.dafthidden.com
    www.daftpunk.com
    Check it out!
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...2100158&ref=mf

This is a seriously good hoax, or a seriously good surprise. I want to believe the latter, but it's very questionable.
    Last edited by Grant; 02-09-2009 at 12:07 PM. Reason: US date?
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Maybe the grammar errors are because the site is meant to be read in Mandarin and this is just the shitty English translation?
    DAFT PUNK ≥ DAFT PUNK

I bet its a scam put on by someone entirely unrelated to daft punk. They suckered a bunch of people into buying "tickets" but come friday morning there will be no "secret text" revealing the show's location. money money money.

short bus rider

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    wtf?