Thread: 36th Annual Telluride Bluegrass Festival

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Default 36th Annual Telluride Bluegrass Festival

I did a search and didn't see it posted here...looks like a mini bonnaroo to me...I might hit this up consider Telluride is a 6 hour drive...

http://www.bluegrass.com/telluride/lineup.html

2009 Lineup

We are proud to announce the preliminary lineup for the 36th Annual Telluride Bluegrass Festival, June 18-21, 2009 - including the addition of David Byrne, Conor Oberst, Jenny Lewis, Gaelic Storm, and Crooked Still. Look for a few more lineup additions in the coming weeks.

Sam Bush Band | Elvis Costello | David Byrne | Emmylou Harris | Telluride House Band | Yonder Mountain String Band | Conor Oberst & the Mystic Valley Band | Béla Fleck & Toumani Diabate | Railroad Earth | Tim O'Brien | Jerry Douglas Band | Kasey Chambers | Punch Brothers Play & Sing Bluegrass | Peter Rowan | Gaelic Storm | Edgar Meyer | Jenny Lewis | John Cowan | Todd Snider | Zac Brown Band | The Greencards | Crooked Still | The Steeldrivers | Mike Farris & The Roseland Rhythm Revue | Blue Canyon Boys | many more...

Tickets are available now. Once you have your tickets connect with your fellow Telluride festivarians in the Festivarian Forum. Make sure to sign up for the "Notes from the Planet" email newsletter for all the latest updates.

All artists have confirmed their appearance at Telluride Bluegrass; however, artists are subject to change without notice. Contrary to early announcements, Martie Maguire, unfortunately, will not be performing at this year's Telluride Bluegrass.

Toumani Diabate, Elvis C and David B? 4 day pass is $185.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Default Re: 36th Annual Telluride Bluegrass Festival

My aunt and uncle have a condo in Tellluride. I might go to whatever day that David Byrne is playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

O RLY? How long would the drive be for you?
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

I've never driven up there, but I'm guessing it would take about 10 hours. Similar to going to Coachella probably.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

I heard of this festival since I 1st moved here...but the line up is usually too jammy for my taste...but Elvis and David would be enough for me to make the trek...as long as I have $$$$.

Yeah, $60 isn't that bad of a ticket if someone like Jenny Lewis is on the same day. I remember hearing my aunt talk about the festival before, because she knew I went to Coachella... but my aunt and uncle are religious Republicans that go there to ski and be rich, so I always figured it was boring... but David Byrne is a win!

David Byrne = Epic Win for such a tiny festival.

Alchemy, I think the drive to Telluride from El Paso might be closer to 12 or 14 hours. Seemed like it took at least 8 hours to get to Tellride from Albuquerque. It's been a few years since I've gone, so I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    Alchemy, I think the drive to Telluride from El Paso might be closer to 12 or 14 hours. Seemed like it took at least 8 hours to get to Tellride from Albuquerque. It's been a few years since I've gone, so I could be wrong.
    You're probably right. I'll probably distribute the trip between two days. I hope David Byrne plays on Saturday or something like that, because I might take summer school classes in June.

Byrne and Costello seem to be touring and heading this way post Roo. That should be cool.

i was thisclose to going last year and it pains me that i couldn't work it out. the swell season AND the frames both played.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

That does look like a great festival, and Telluride is a really sweet place. I was kinda considering going this year if the lineup was good... but it's all the same people playing Roo. So oh well. I'm hitting the High Sierra Festival this year for sure though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

yawn....no Beastie Boys.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    i was thisclose to going last year and it pains me that i couldn't work it out. the swell season AND the frames both played.
    Yep, and Ryan Adams...

My folks have a place up there as well (the Mountain Village area) and I've always thought it was too small to bring in big names (and as someone else said, too "jammy" for my liking. Then I looked at the lineup for last year (post-festival) and saw that I missed out on a lot. May make it out there this year, though not terribly overwhelmed by the lineup. Costello, Byrne, Emmylou and Jenny Lewis are all pretty exciting though.
    -----------------------

Will you still be able to ride in June because this could make for a killer combo trip?

Quote Originally Posted by Portions4Foxes View Post
    We have a house in the Mountain Village area, might as well put it to use in June... I had never even heard of this festival and I've gone to Telluride every winter since '99. Great find.
    wow that is kinda of a shock ... it has been going on for years and years .... longer then coachella i think ..dah i guess if it is the 36th annual that is the answer to the question..... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine