Thread: 3 day passes are just 3 individual day tickets????

Default 3 day passes are just 3 individual day tickets????

hi,

just need confirmation if you buy a 3 day pass what you get is 3 tickets which is one for each day

is this correct or have ticketmaster via ticketfast made an error?

i assumed a 3 day pass gave you a wristband for the whole weekend similar to the UK festivals and then if you had a day ticket only you get a different colour wristband for that day only?

IF you have a ticket for each day how long are the queues to get in the arena and how do you go in and out back to the tent.

also if a ticket is needed each day how do you keep them safe for the days you are not using?

is the car park for camping near where you camp? 5 - 10 minute walk?

sorry for the questions but appears to be a system of admission i was not expecting.

Ta

Default Re: 3 day passes are just 3 individual day tickets????

Last year, when you bought a 3 day pass, you were given 3 single day tickets for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, respectively.

It might be a little inconvenient: there are plenty of stories on this board about people forgetting/losing their tickets, and having some sort of wristband would make things easier. However, it offers you flexibility: if for some reason you're no longer able to attend on Friday, you could always try to sell the ticket for the day and make some money back. That's what I did last year.

The queue is not that long at all, you go through a ticket check and a security checkpoint; standard for all music festivals. For entrance to the two stages and the three tents, you just walk in. There isn't an entrance or bouncer you have to get past to enter, if that's what you're asking. Look around for some past pictures of Coachella and you'll see what I mean.

Just put your tickets somewhere safe where they won't get stolen. You could always lock them up in your car. If you're camping I recommend you keep them on you at all times.

The parking lot is about 10 minutes from the campground, from what I remember. I could be wrong.

Enjoy Coachella. =]

Mar. 16: Simian Mobile Disco @ Henry Fonda
    Mar. 27: Pelican @ Troubadour
    Apr. 17-19: COACHELLA
    May 2: Yann Tiersen @ El Rey
    May 16: Mogwai @ Orpheum
    May 23: SASQUATCH

Current Obsession: All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone - Explosions in the Sky

That's correct, you get a seperate ticket for each day. Note that is is only good for one entrance to the festival so once you go in you can't go back to your tent unless you're not planning on returning that day. I think that's what you were asking.

Camping will give you a wristband but only good for getting in and out of the campground and not the festival. Parking is across the road so easy walking distance. There's a map on this page that shows you the relative locations.

http://www.coachella.com/visitors/onsite-lodging

oh that kinda sucks, i just thought you could come and go as you please....

i some times go back to my tent at other festivals if i fancy a quick cat nap! guess i'll have to man up

yeh, this sucks. And if you are used to European festivals, you will notice many more "stupid" differences in their organisation.
    there are so many reasons why they should change many things, but there is no appropriate platform for discussion.

But anyway it's going to be my third coachella: the overall experience was always positive.

what i learned in 2007: the more rules and regulations, the more creative people get...

Quote Originally Posted by englishgothboy View Post
    hi,
    IF you have a ticket for each day how long are the queues to get in the arena and how do you go in and out back to the tent.

also if a ticket is needed each day how do you keep them safe for the days you are not using?
    One addition: if you manage to get VIP-tickets (ie. promote the Coachella Widget in facebook, myspace, KROQ-streaming radio, ...) you are good to go in and out.

The same is true for the 5000 $ safari tents & tent hotels...
    http://coachella.com/visitors/onsite-lodging

VIP tickets themselves don't grant in and out privileges I'm pretty sure. There's a particular kind of escalated VIP that does that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

only the backstage passes let you go in and out, and there is a seperate entrance for that (with not security!!)

the regular VIP is a wrist band that you keep on all 3 days plus 3 individual tickets.

Don't leave your tickets in your car! If it gets too hot (which is most likely will) they will turn black then you are s.o.l.

"The Most Uneducated City in America" of 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysparkplugs View Post
    oh that kinda sucks, i just thought you could come and go as you please....

i some times go back to my tent at other festivals if i fancy a quick cat nap! guess i'll have to man up
    naps on the field are just as pleasant,
    if not more
    i've taken a couple;
    no one will bother you.
    your ≠ you're

[boarderwoozel3] dying or tim & eric
    [boarderwoozel3] I'll take dying

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

there are plenty of nooks and crannies away from where people are walking to lie in the lucious grass

i crashed out on the crowd several times last year right in the festival and it was quite nice

not to be a prick, but how about just making sure you don't lose your tickets? what are you, 6 years old?

...okay, maybe to be a prick.

yeah, theres no wristbands, just individual tickets - one of the few things i dislike about the festival

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    the regular VIP is a wrist band that you keep on all 3 days plus 3 individual tickets.
    Separate wristbands for every day with regular vip; you get a regular ticket to get through the front gate, and then the wristband gets you into the VIP area....
    02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.2

If you're looking for a place to crash, the back of the Sahara during the day is pretty empty. There's also the KROQ tent which is almost the official chill out tent.

You know, if you have Ticketfast tickets, it's a good idea to print an extra set and hide them somewhere. That way, if they get stolen, you just have to get the other set and get to the gate first.

You're totally SOL if they get lost or stolen...at least with a second set, you have a fighting chance.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    You know, if you have Ticketfast tickets, it's a good idea to print an extra set and hide them somewhere. That way, if they get stolen, you just have to get the other set and get to the gate first.

You're totally SOL if they get lost or stolen...at least with a second set, you have a fighting chance.
    If you have hard tix keep them in your wallet not to worry if there bent.,If you have Paper tix,keep them in a beltbag in an envelope.They sell lockers maybe you, keep tix in there.
    Last year & the year before individual days were sold out & people who would want to only go for 2 days would buy the 3 Day & then sell the other tix.So to look at the bright side its a good thing.