Thread: How Fast do One Day Passes Sell Out? And What is the $ Resale-ish?

Default How Fast do One Day Passes Sell Out? And What is the $ Resale-ish?

Generally speaking, do the one day passes sell out? If so, is it within days, months or weeks of the event?

The reason I ask is that a friend of mine and I are thinking of going. I'm not sure if I should buy the tickets now, or wait until she knows that she can get off of work.

If I buy the tickets now and it turns out she can't go, is the resale price decent? I'm thinking about going on Friday and I know a lot of people will want to see McCartney. Could I make back my 120 reselling if I have to?

Thanks so much, I hope I can make down for my first Coachella.

~Dave

Default Re: How Fast do One Day Passes Sell Out? And What is the $ Resale-ish?

HAL: Affirmative, Dave, I read you.
    Dave Bowman: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
    HAL: I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.
    Dave Bowman: What's the problem?
    HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
    Dave Bowman: What are you talking about, HAL?
    HAL: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
    Dave Bowman: I don't know what you're talking about, HAL?
    HAL: I know you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.
    Dave Bowman: Where the hell'd you get that idea, HAL?
    HAL: Dave, although you took thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HAL: Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

Quote Originally Posted by davefromspain View Post
    Generally speaking, do the one day passes sell out? If so, is it within days, months or weeks of the event?

The reason I ask is that a friend of mine and I are thinking of going. I'm not sure if I should buy the tickets now, or wait until she knows that she can get off of work.

If I buy the tickets now and it turns out she can't go, is the resale price decent? I'm thinking about going on Friday and I know a lot of people will want to see McCartney. Could I make back my 120 reselling if I have to?

Thanks so much, I hope I can make down for my first Coachella.

~Dave

GV in the past stops selling one-day tickets-not that they have sold out. It is a marketing gimmick that forces you to buy weekend. If they do it this year, then you have a couple of weeks at best.
    You can probably re-sell for cost, but profit would be tough. If Coachella does sell-out then buy a weekend package (it is three individual tickets for Fri, Sat, Sun). That way you can sell the two other day tickets you don't want.

The closer to the fest, the less money you'll get because EVERYONE (scalpers) will be trying to sell their tickets. I saw single days for for $50 last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I walked straight in with a mixed drink in a 20oz Dixie cup in one hand, and an unopened beer in the other. I fully intended to toss them in the box, but CSC was waving and hurrying me through.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettShipes View Post
    The closer to the fest, the less money you'll get because EVERYONE (scalpers) will be trying to sell their tickets. I saw single days for for $50 last year.
    Very true! If anyone is on a tight budget, then I recommend waiting till prices drop considerably on re-sell sites. There were lots of tickets available two weeks before coachella at good discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    Very true! If anyone is on a tight budget, then I recommend waiting till prices drop considerably on re-sell sites. There were lots of tickets available two weeks before coachella at good discounts.
    Unless they add someone huge and then ticket prices sky-rocket...

Quote Originally Posted by indietron View Post
    The keyword is 'unless'. Personally, if you are on a tight budget or unable to commit then I would risk waiting. I would rather wait and see than blow $100 plus on a day ticket that I can't use.
    Reselling your ticket can be difficult, afterall there is nothing especially unique about any ticket for coachella, they are all general admission.
    It all depends on your circumstances, if you are committed to wanting to go, then you buy now! If not, then why not wait and see?

Quote Originally Posted by indietron View Post
    didn't really happen last year. if you waited til 3 days before the fest the friday/sunday tickets were next to nothing. in fact them adding prince on saturday made people buy a ton of 3 day passes which made the other two days tickets even cheaper.

saturday tickets before the fest, though were areound the $200 mark on ebay.

plus they still sold saturday tickets at the gate for face value as the venue still had tickets.

friday tickets i got for $40 each, and sunday were only $25. if you can hold out i would wait to get tickets this year, as i am sure you will be able to get into all 3 days for half the price...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pocketphotography/
    i shoot all the shows you want to go to

Quote Originally Posted by BrettShipes View Post
    I got 4 tickets for Sunday 2008 the day before for $150. That's like $38/ticket. What a f'ing steal.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"