Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone been stung by a wasp or other flying/biting insect at Coachella?

Default Has anyone been stung by a wasp or other flying/biting insect at Coachella?

Just so I don't get bugged out!

Default Re: Has anyone been stung by a wasp or other flying/biting insect at Coachella?

Default Re: Has anyone been stung by a wasp or other flying/biting insect at Coachella?

Pictures of last year's Coachella bee swarm:

http://picasaweb.google.com/runin2k1/Coachella08Bees#

AHHHHHHHH

Exclamation Re: Has anyone been stung by a wasp or other flying/biting insect at Coachella?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post

EWWwwwWww

That was really weird. From out of nowhere this swarm just took over this poor guys hat. It happened so fast that they had to go back for their towel and shoes and stuff. It's easily one of the weirdest things I've seen at Coachella.

Last year was the first year I ever saw bees on the polo field though.

never seen swams at coachella b4. never been stung b4. These photos might as well be doctored.

that hat looks like a great place to hang out with my bee friends.
    quite the beeventure!

They're definitely not doctored. I was there and saw it all. I wouldn't have believed it either if I hadn't seen it for myself. The bees totally engulfed the hat and covered every fucking inch. It was actually pretty cool. I left before they got rid of them. I'm not sure how they disposed of the hat. I would have hated to have that job.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

i've seen the bee hat picture many times...but I don't recall seeing any bugs at all myself last year within the event

Quote Originally Posted by zajaa View Post
    EWWwwwWww
    Why do people always say that when there's lots of bees? They're not really all that gross.

Beehat!
    Last edited by Rockstarboy37; 02-05-2009 at 12:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by woogie846
    I think Henry Rollins' set at Coachella should just consist of him fighting large, exotic animals.

Ya know....this makes me wonder: if someone is supposed to carry an epi pin because of a severe bee allergy, how does security handle that?

you should let them know about that. They don't have protocol for a saturday night drum circle after party. I doubt they'd have any idea how to handle an epi pin.
    I think Henry Rollins' set at Coachella should just consist of him fighting large, exotic animals.

wow that's intense. i always figured bees would be rare on the polo field. after all, there are no flowers or anything useful to them...

Just hope if you need someone to use an Epi-Pen on you, that they dont go all Pulp Fiction and jam it into your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post

that was so, so very odd.

Having a killer bee removal service on hand was even more odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Seriously, I'd worry more about burning cigarrette butts than bees. If you go barefoot, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin 8 View Post
    Just hope if you need someone to use an Epi-Pen on you, that they dont go all Pulp Fiction and jam it into your heart.
    Fuck you Lance.....ANSWER!

I'm allergic, but not DEATHLY allergic. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstarboy37 View Post
    Why do people always say that when there's lots of bees? They're not really all that gross.
    yeah HUh. swarms of small moving things are gross, as a rule.

Bees are better than mosquitoes or hornets!

Lance reminds me of the dude

I heard about the "bee hat", but didn't see it or anything...but I'm guessing the one bee in the Heineken cup is by far, the most likely to attend a kegger. I wonder if the bees mistakened the hat for their hive? They are after all considered a super organism when swarmed, so perhaps the bee gps got them to the wrong location...

The best part of it was how fast it happened. These people were just sitting there drinking beers and one bee came. We thought nothing of it. Then there was 10 and before you knew it there was a million.

The only sting is the prices for water, gatorade, beer and cocktails. Insects I have avoided, usually I am good for a bee sting or two I like to use kool-aid instead of sunscreen.

Whatever they were, I couldnt see them.
    they got be about 3 times bringing stuff from the parking lot into the camp ground thurs night last year

Gentlemen!

Ya know....this makes me wonder: if someone is supposed to carry an epi pin because of a severe bee allergy, how does security handle that?
    From Rules/FAQ:
    "What about bringing in my medical prescription? example: Diabetic insulin?

You should identify yourselves to security while waiting to enter the venue. Security will locate the medical folks adjacent to the main entrance, and they will assist you in storing and providing a secure area for diabetics. ALL Medical prescriptions and accompanying names on those containers will need to match the person's proper ID."

There are security, cops, medics all over the place - I'm sure they deal with heat stroke, over doses, bee stings, etc every year. (Although this FAQ makes it sound like they store diabetics in a secure area, which is hardly fair ...)

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

the hat does look somwhat like a hive.

I'm more shocked by the presence of a killer bee removal squad than the bees themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJay View Post
    Gentlemen!

hilarious movie.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    They're definitely not doctored. I was there and saw it all. I wouldn't have believed it either if I hadn't seen it for myself. The bees totally engulfed the hat and covered every fucking inch. It was actually pretty cool. I left before they got rid of them. I'm not sure how they disposed of the hat. I would have hated to have that job.
    One of the brave bee dudes picked up the hat and quickly dropped it in a plastic bag and away they went so I don't think the guy got his hat back.

My photoshop skills probably wouldn't be up to the task of doctoring that many bees onto a hat, or inserting a large Killer Bee Removal golfcart into the polo grounds.