Thread: Showers

Lurker

Default Showers

Coachella newbie How long was the wait to use showers on the camping site?

Default Re: Showers

the wait is only like 10-20 mins. just bring an umbrella and chat with fellow campers.. i have a question.. why were the showers closed so early in the night? they were supposed to be open till 2 am.. too much raping?

Wake up very early (sunrise) and there's no line...and if you can get back after the headliner each night there's no line, but they may close up early. After 8am, you are looking at 1hr min queues....if you don't mind missing the first couple sets, another good time is right when the festival gates open....kind of a waste imho...by the time you get inside the commune you are sweating like a pig and dirty again.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by mikeymikemikey View Post
    the wait is only like 10-20 mins. just bring an umbrella and chat with fellow campers.. i have a question.. why were the showers closed so early in the night? they were supposed to be open till 2 am.. too much raping?
    Someone posted the wait could take an hour. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by billtino View Post
    Wake up very early (sunrise) and there's no line...and if you can get back after the headliner each night there's no line, but they may close up early. After 8am, you are looking at 1hr min queues....if you don't mind missing the first couple sets, another good time is right when the festival gates open....kind of a waste imho...by the time you get inside the commune you are sweating like a pig and dirty again.
    Would the peak time be after midnight? Would the wait be longer?

this past year was my first coachella and i had no problems at all with the shower situation. its true that the earlier you wake up the better chance of having no line. the longest it ever took was 30 mins tops and that was during the "peak" hours around 10/11 am. as far as the hour long wait goes i had no such experience, coachella does a good job of scattering showers around the campsite, and u may just have to scout around for a small line.

p.s. my favorite part about showering at coachella was not using a towel and air drying on the 2 minute walk back to my tent.. gotta love that heat

p.s.s. even if it is a long line theres really nothing to fret over. last year we would just talk amongst the other people and see who was stoked for which band and all that jazz.. that and somebody set up a slip'n'slide next to the line.. epic.

Man! I missed the slipnslide?? Where the hell was I?

Quote Originally Posted by sassysox View Post
    What else are you going to be doing at 8am? Go with a friend and chat while you wait.
    The Tinychat password is coache11a

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloka View Post
    Share the art bus to enhance the festival... can be used as stage for band ...
    I can also come early and help set up ...
    How can you say no to this offer, Goldenvoice?

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    What else are you going to be doing at 8am? Go with a friend and chat while you wait.
    I'm planning on using the showers at the end of the day, so around midnight. How will the lines be then? Sorry for the ridiculous questions; just like to be prepared

last year the showers were closed by midnight every night. so i just did showers in the morning and a baby wipes, bottled water shower at night.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    probably having a breakfast burrito and bloody mary & as many "free veggies/fruits" i can fit in my cup.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Coachella newbie How long was the wait to use showers on the camping site?
    I think this is actually the exact same topic that moved me to post for the first time.

I've never had to wait for more than fifteen or twenty minutes, but it's a good idea to use your towel as a burnoose if you burn easily. The wait is usually made easier by the fact that you can chat with others in the line about the shows you've seen/are planning on seeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

Quote Originally Posted by billtino View Post
    After 8am, you are looking at 1hr min queues.....
    This is wrong, the first couple of years camping was offered, this was true, not anymore, 20 mins max for me last year (maybe half hour, it seemed shorter though)

nope

Quote Originally Posted by misterpickles View Post
    t. the longest it ever took was 30 mins tops and that was during the "peak" hours around 10/11 am. as far as the hour long wait goes i had no such experience, coachella does a good job of scattering showers around the campsite,
    yep

I'm planning on using the showers at the end of the day, so around midnight. How will the lines be then? Sorry for the ridiculous questions; just like to be prepared
    I used them on Saturday last night year, I was a bit intoxicated, but there was no one in there, this was shortly before Prince ended, I think. I watched most of his set..

If you don't want to spend an hour in line, an alternative is to use a hose that can be found behind some of the trailers. It's rarely in use, and it's awesome. I was lucky to have my swimsuit on me last year.

i showered friday morning at like 10 am and didn't have to wait at all.

fuck the showers man, just get hosed off in the Do Lab and bring some wet wipes for the stinky parts.

Lurker

Baby wipes: check! It's a little early but I bought a box of baby wipes at Sam's Club

asians dont get to use the showers. they get a hose over by the porta potties.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post
    asians dont get to use the showers. they get a hose over by the porta potties.
    LOL! Thanks for the heads up

Baby wipes: check! It's a little early but I bought a box of baby wipes at Sam's Club
    it's never too early.

i always find myself daydreaming for about a month after the line-up comes out about coachella and all the things i need to get... then i usually forget all about it until the week before.

plus, you can NEVER have too many baby wipes/tissues. i was giving them out like halloween candy at the porta potties and people are sooooo amped on it.

I plan on using the shower in my hotel with my girlfriend.

bow chicka bow bowwwwww