Thread: a question for thirst drunks....

Default a question for thirst drunks....

so people being from across the pond and amidst the deep westcountry [think middle earth but a little more inbred] i'm a cider drinker.... beer/lager, man i hate the stuff so i'm a little worried about how i'm going to get nicely drunk... i mean i'm pretty much guaranteed heat stroke so that's going to mess with my head a little but you know i'm in need of that extra kick....

I was just wondering what the bars are like?? what stuff do they stock?
    I'm thinking no cider but it'll be a little annoying if there ain't no whiskey, wine of something else to quench my thirst......

x

Lurker

Default Re: a question for thirst drunks....

From memory the bars inside the venue have beer, wine and a limited number of cocktails. Must be 21 to buy and queue up for a wristband before you can get into the bar areas (not allowed to take your drinks out of the bar areas either). Outside of the festival you will probably be able to track down some cider in bars but remember to ask for hard cider not just cider (or you will end up with apple juice). Generally speaking you will then be asked what flavour hard cider you want - it tends to come in bottles with a choice of apple, strawberry and maybe a couple of others. Your best bet for a real cider is to find an Irish bar.

vinylmartyr

vinylmartyr

This is America we have lots of booze to choose from.

vinylmartyr

Land of the free home of the drunks.

strawberry cider... YUM

xxfxx

thirst drunks.

that's a lot cuter than it should be.

i dont normally drink... but i think i might make an exception.

xxfxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mivsy View Post
    Outside of the festival you will probably be able to track down some cider in bars but remember to ask for hard cider not just cider (or you will end up with apple juice). Generally speaking you will then be asked what flavour hard cider you want - it tends to come in bottles with a choice of apple, strawberry and maybe a couple of others. Your best bet for a real cider is to find an Irish bar.
    Oh dear. Almost every bar I've been to in CA serves cider, usually one on tap, and NOT flavored. It's usually Ace or Blackthorn. BUT this will probably not be true out in the sticks though -- worst case grocery stores or even convenience stores should have something. Wyder's (flavored) cider is pretty common, though it's not going to taste the way you're expecting. If you happen to be driving by a big liquor store (like Beverages & More), they usually have a whole row of ciders, including many UK imports.

I forgot to add that I don't really like beer either (a cider drinker here as well), but there are a lot of utterly flavorless beers sold here that aren't too offensive if you find you absolutely must drink.