Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 141516171819

Thread: Glastonbury Sells Out!

Default Re: Glastonbury Sells Out!

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    that echo and the bunnyman scenario also happened in 08 with My Morning Jacket. they played the Park Stage to close the fest up against the Verve on the Pyramid and Groove Armada on the outdoor. i heard it was such an epic set that it started sprinkling....only at the Park Stage. nowhere else in on the farm did it rain. eeire.
    MMJ v. The Verve v. Groove Armada would suck so much. That decision would kill me

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I am getting hung up on the idea that I couldn't sell the ticket if I decide not to go. I'm a commitment pobe. Asking me to decide 8 months in advance to do something
    I hear that.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Chiapet just do the deposit.
    That way if you decide not to go youre only out 10 pounds
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Chiapet just do the deposit.
    That way if you decide not to go youre only out 10 pounds
    Yes - and even paying the full amount, you can still cancel until early May.

Hrmmm I skimmed too quickly and didn't even notice the deposit option or the cancellation option. That makes things quite a bit different, thanks for pointing that out.

Oh one note about purchasing via See tickets -- every time I've purchased tickets from them, of any amount, on any credit or debit card, the transaction has gotten flagged for potentially fradulent activity and did not go through until I called my credit card issuer. You might want to call your CC company beforehand to let them know you'll be putting through a charge to See.

Edit: this was for the US folks obviously. Buying concert tickets in another country is see as a high risk (for fraud) purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Boourns do you know anything about taking rail in?
    The first thing to say is there is no "easy way" to festival. Car, Bus and Rail all have their pros and cons.

The upside of rail is that it's about two hours from London, and although you may have some queueing for departure at Paddington, once you're on you are guaranteed a seat.

When you get to the other end, there's an element of luck with the shuttle buses. You can jump on one, and be straight to the festival in 20 minutes, or wait an hour or two because they are all stuck in queues (as happened this year on the Wednesday).

Here's what I'd do:

- Aim to arrive in London on Tuesday morning, or earlier. Pick up things like a tent there. Much better value than on site.
    - That afternoon, Train to Bristol, bus to Glastonbury Town. Or train to Castle Cary, taxi to Glastonbury Town.
    - Camp in a pre-booked campsite there, e.g. Isle of Avalon.
    - Bus to festival site first thing Wednesday. Research this in advance - you'll need to know where it will go from, times etc. Locals on the ground probably won't know, transport arrangements change every year.

Doing that means you should be able to avoid the queues which will build up during the first day. Normally they aren't so bad, but this year 100k turned up on Wednesday, rather than the usual 60k. Everything got overloaded - roads, gates, everything.

The time to really start thinking about all this is around mid March. It's then that the rail fares and times start to get published. It's also possible that details of things like the Glastonbury Town shuttle might be known.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

who else is aiming to buy tickets on oct 4th?

it may be worth co-ordinating so that the first person through can get tickets for the entire group. what has been suggested to me is that ahead of the on-sale we exchange registration numbers. approaching the on-sale we all get into a chat room. once one person is through they can let the others know and buy tickets for the entire group.

this requires a level of trust, obviously, so I wouldn't group people together that weren't comfortable with it. is anyone interested in doing that? who else is actually planning to buy tickets?

That sounds like a wild and crazy idea. You can count me in. I feel like I cant even begin to imagine how insane its going to be to get tix

EDIT

Not to mention the fact that its going to be 4am, with me still high of my killers show like 5 hours prior
    Last edited by sbessiso; 09-23-2009 at 07:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    who else is aiming to buy tickets on oct 4th?

it may be worth co-ordinating so that the first person through can get tickets for the entire group. what has been suggested to me is that ahead of the on-sale we exchange registration numbers. approaching the on-sale we all get into a chat room. once one person is through they can let the others know and buy tickets for the entire group.

this requires a level of trust, obviously, so I wouldn't group people together that weren't comfortable with it. is anyone interested in doing that? who else is actually planning to buy tickets?

once you get thru, you can only get up to 4 tickets. at least that is how it was in the past. i also don't think it will be a problem getting tickets on oct. 4.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Surprise, surprise, no Glasto for me this year neither. Blah.

I need to be up at 4am for those tickets in NYC, correct?

I am going to be obsessivley asking questions for the next two weeks.

I am at least putting a deposit down on the 4th.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Haha, anyone want to donate to the "get me to glasto for round 2" fund?
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    once you get thru, you can only get up to 4 tickets. at least that is how it was in the past. i also don't think it will be a problem getting tickets on oct. 4.
    I read somewhere that during the october on-sale last year there was no limit. I haven't read anything about a limit yet for this year's october on-sale. but perhaps there will be.

maybe to be safe keep it to 4 people per group. dunno. doesn't seem to be too much interest so far so I it's not a problem yet.