Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: safety at coachella? haha

Default safety at coachella? haha

im sixteen, a girl, and i have over protective parents. i have two choices, one convince them to let me go, or go without their permission. either way theres no fucking way im missing out on tv on the radio, band of horses, dr dog, MSTRKRFT, fleet foxes!, and atmosphere on saturday.

i would preferably go with their permission. but im a coachella virgin and dont know exactly what to say to convince them. any ideas?

Default Re: safety at coachella? haha

You could suggest that you go with a chaperone, like maybe a cool older cousin or something.

Bring your parents! They want to see Paul McCartney.

Tell them you met a 30 something year old man off the Coachella message board who's a veteran and will watch over you.

Coachella Junkie

^^
    well im cousin-less, and bringing my parents would be a complete buzz killer. hahaa but im getting the tickets from a close friend whos cousin is apparently best friends with the killers. i'll tell them hes going. that may work. haha

rape? no. haha

I'm not saying necessarily a cousin. Just someone who's maybe 20-30 years old and decently responsible (at least in your parents' minds). I'm sure you must know at least one person who is older than you.

coachella is pretty safe, i havent heard of anything dangerous happen to anyone except people who dehydrate because of lack of water
    just tell your parents its really secure and nothing will happen
    07-??

yeahh i get what your saying. thanks girl.

This thread was clearly created to showcase the many RAPE TIME pictures out there.

Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Do they think you'll get stabbed with AIDZ NEEDLEZ?
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

i have told them its safe, they think its a huge orgy with insane amounts of drug dealers. im drug free, and i obviously know how to take care of myself. all i need is some amazing live music.

Quote Originally Posted by indiemindy View Post
    i have told them its safe, they think its a huge orgy with insane amounts of drug dealers. im drug free, and i obviously know how to take care of myself. all i need is some amazing live music.
    ummm...sweetie...your parents couldnt of been more spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

there are TONS of undercover cops so there isnt too much dealing going around, yea people are usually sparking up some joints here and there, but it wont kill you
    07-??

Lurker

I went for the first time when I was 16 with four friends and my dad. It wasn't bad at all because my dad likes music so as soon as we got into the fest my friends went our way and he went his... never saw him until the end when he drove us home.

Memorial_07

i went when i was 14 and I had a fun and same time.

I'm also 6'0 200 lbs so i have an advantage

I think if u got a group of maybe 4 friends I'm sure ur parents wouldn't mind as much. But hey even if they do to it's not the end of the world. Atleast you know they'll have a pocket full of money 4 merchandise.

For the most part, Coachella folks are there to have fun and they tend to look out for other folks if they see them getting in over their heads. Just go with some people they know and respect, and call it a day.

Memorial_07

that's true. I've never seen a girl get heckled by some asshole unless she was in a pit then they'll try to cop a feel but other people will be there to fuck the guy up

Lurker

I went when I was 15 for the first time, with 4 other girls and a girl's parent. Once you get in there, you pretty much lose people really easily. We pretty much went off and didn't see her mom until 12:30 that night. I mean, I don't think your parents would want to see MSTRKRFT, they could just go do their own thing. Just tell them you'll meet up with them later and go off and have fun. It's quite easy to avoid people/ get lost from people at Coachella. So no matter what, even if your parents came, they probably wouldn't see you. Coachella isn't dangerous, especially if you're with friends/ not on drugs.

BTW the whole "my best friends cousin's ex wife's baby daddy's ex lover 3rd wifes fiance is friends with the killers" thing tends not to work out. So make sure you actually have connections, because I've seen so many people screwed over by so called connections.
    n e o n g l i t t e r

Bring your parents. There is a lot to do that they would definately enjoy.

all i need is some amazing live music.
    stay away from the Saraha then

thanks guys, this will actually help a lot.

Honestly, pull up the Rules/FAQs and stuff, show your parents how "serious" coachella is about peoples safety. Whether they actually enforce certain rules or not is irrelevant. If your parents think you'll be safe, which you will be, and you approach them properly.

My old trick was to ask them whatever it was I wanted to do, they would immediately say no, and so long as I held my cool, and didnt start whining like a little bitch, and told them my side and we discussed it like adults, they nearly always let me do whatever it was I was asking.
    Last edited by Knapptime; 02-02-2009 at 10:51 PM. Reason: What am I a life counsellor?

One other thing that makes Coachella a touch safer than other festivals is the beer garden system.

You can only drink inside designated beer gardens that aren't very useful for seeing music. So a very large percentage of the attendees chooses not to drink at all. It's not worth the hassle of waiting in line for a wristband then being stuck inside a "beer cage" away from the stages. This drastically cuts down on the drunken assholery compared to something like Lollapalooza.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    It was funny in the other thread, but this time around I nearly pissed myself!
    GAGA / EVE 6 / PATRICK WOLF '10

(732): He told me his condom was going to expire tomorrow and he needed to use it. I can't believe I fell for it.

Coachella is conservatively safe!!!

im sixteen, a girl, and i have over protective parents. i have two choices, one convince them to let me go, or go without their permission. either way theres no fucking way im missing out on tv on the radio, band of horses, dr dog, MSTRKRFT, fleet foxes!, and atmosphere on saturday.

i would preferably go with their permission. but im a coachella virgin and dont know exactly what to say to convince them. any ideas?
    16 year old girls shouldn't say things like "no fucking way", hahaha jk, you should be fine at the fest.

You'll be fine. When I was your age I was driving to Big Cypress to see Phish for NYE 2000. People are cool. Your not gonna get raped.
    Be smart.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    stay away from the Saraha then
    Unless you are serious about seeing MSTRKRFT. (which will be SICK)

^^
    well im cousin-less, and bringing my parents would be a complete buzz killer. hahaa but im getting the tickets from a close friend whos cousin is apparently best friends with the killers. i'll tell them hes going. that may work. haha

rape? no. haha
    Tell them to come with you to indio/palm springs, they can stay at some cool resort and golf, get massages and celebrety watch while you attend the festival. Then you all can have family bonding time in the mornings before you go. Win/Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.