Thread: Where To Camp?

Default Where To Camp?

HI,

I'm coming to Coachella from London and am planning on camping. Was all set for the on-site camping, but noticed that there's a no booze rule... WTF!?! That's no use to anybody. How strict is this? Do they actually search you for this? If so, I need a different campsite to stay at. Any suggestions of decent ones reasonably closeby which might still have some capacity for me?

Cheers

Default Re: Where To Camp?

Don't panic!
    It's easy enough to smuggle booze into the campsite. (To be on the extra safe side we carried gin in water bottles.) There is also an (expensive) bar adjacent to the camp site.
    Cheers!

cool, is the onsite camping the best place to stay or are there any other places we could go throw a tent up, somewhere that don't require an RV!

the shadow hills rv resort (http://www.shadowhillsrvresort.com/) is awesome. prices are fair, the staff is really nice, you can pitch your tent in the grass, and they sell ice and other stuff you might have forgotten. showers and toilets are clean. there's a pool - last year there was a dj playing during the day ... check it out ... note that the place;s normal clientele pretty much clears out for the weekend of and the whole place fills up with coachella people camping in tents and rvs. and of course, you can bring your own alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by beckylyn View Post
    the shadow hills rv resort (http://www.shadowhillsrvresort.com/) is awesome. prices are fair, the staff is really nice, you can pitch your tent in the grass, and they sell ice and other stuff you might have forgotten. showers and toilets are clean. there's a pool - last year there was a dj playing during the day ... check it out ... note that the place;s normal clientele pretty much clears out for the weekend of and the whole place fills up with coachella people camping in tents and rvs. and of course, you can bring your own alcohol.
    Sorry if it sounds stupid but do they have parking for people who just want to pitch up a tent?

Quote Originally Posted by shakur View Post
    Sorry if it sounds stupid but do they have parking for people who just want to pitch up a tent?
    not stupid yuppers, and if you get there early enough you can park your car by your tent in the grass ... very convenient. either way, there's definitely enough space there to park your car and pitch a tent.

Thank you! =)

Cool Re: Where To Camp?

great! Thanks Beckylyn... very helpful!! Will definitely check this place out.

oh... one more question... how close is this Shadowhills place to the venue? Is it Walkable?

Quote Originally Posted by iameuanmackay View Post
    oh... one more question... how close is this Shadowhills place to the venue? Is it Walkable?
    not walkable ... i think i clocked it at 7.5 miles last year ... ok, perhaps for some that is walkable, but i don't want to walk that far. it is a short drive - 10 min with no traffic. last year there were cabs there waiting at shadow hills to take people to coachella - i would imagine there would be some this year too. if there's room in our car you can ride along with us ... don't know how big a group we have yet though. pm me closer to the festival if interested =)

Smile Re: Where To Camp?

Also going to Second Shadow Hills RV Resort. Awesome place to stay!

From London eh??? Tight!

Stay on site!

Its cheap and fun and a lot of people from europe are staying there.
    "I am destroying my enemies when I make friends of them."

well i booked shadow hills and am counting down the days... nice...

cool i'll be bringing in some bottles of booze, does anyone know if its cool to keep a cooler full of beer and maybe sneak in a few at a time?

Shadow Hills Rv Resort welcomes Coachella goers. Stay 3 nights and get the 4th night free. Check out our website. Tell them Paula sent you!

http://www.shadowhillsrvresort.com/musicfest.htm

I have AWESOME camping options, can even provide you with a Recreational Vehicle. I AM THE HOOKUP! Two blocks close, and can shuttle you so you can drink and not worry about the driving! LAID BACK rules, call to chat 760 625-5522