Thread: Seriously...

Default Seriously...

I have been reading the boards lately but I don't want to respond to anything because I know there will be negativity. People are complaining about the lineup. Has there ever been a Coachella that people thought wasn't worth their time and money AFTER it occurred?? Last year was my first, so I can't speak to this, but I'm curious. Has GV ever really let you down?

I wasn't initially blown away by this years, but I reminded myself that when last years lineup first came out (my first year) I didn't think "OMG BEST FESTIVAL EVER!!". I had the time of my life!!

I want to know...does this happen every year or is everyone afraid of something new?

Default Re: Seriously...

Every year it's the exact same. You'll get used to it.

Banned

yaa im hoping GV can pull some stunners out of their bag and blow us all away

ill see if they can top last years which i know will be hard to do
    I hope they can do it!

***WHAMMMMMMMMMMmmmmbulance!***

^ ^
    hahaha

Last year was exceptionally negative b/c of the JJ headliner decision. However, the negativity is the same every year. It subsides by April when people begin to check out the new artists and realize that GV does this for a living.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

Quote Originally Posted by akilleeez View Post
    ***WHAMMMMMMMMMMmmmmbulance!***
    Oh, so you like Placebo?

Someone call the Ammmmmmbulance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    Every year it's the exact same. You'll get used to it.
    qft

In a word...yes.

I have seen this happen so many times before!

This is my 6th Coachella and every time there people freak out about "the worst lineup/festival EVER" and then I think once everyone goes, that isn't usually how it's remembered.

There have been some epic fails--Jack Johnson, for instance--but really, other than that people become much more agreeable afterward. ;-)

There is a whole cycle on this which happens EVERY FUCKING YEAR. Allow me to show:

Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    There is a whole cycle on this which happens EVERY FUCKING YEAR. Allow me to show:

Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year
    Menik, may I add to that, the hot and humid stage that occurs somewhere in between the post-fest PLUR on the board and the stage where the Coachella Veil and Fog has begun to fade? By that time, the summer heat has begun to melt that part of our brain that Coachella didn't, and then our Summer Personas open up and display themselves, along with unacceptable genetalia pics and loving insults of, "Shut the fuck up," "Die Vag-Face" and " Can I haz my ballz on yer face?" Before you know it, only the strong noobies are left, and the holidays come upon us where we begin sharing recipes and planning our Secret Santa List... along with the exciting realization it's time to start the rumors and the New Year....
    Last edited by BROKENDOLL; 01-31-2009 at 11:38 PM.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Yep, thats pretty much it

Coach 09 is going to be amazing

Also, the majority of the negativity is from people who sign up specifically to complain.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

I've learned through my years not to hate "bad" music. Any musical experience you are provided with shouldn't be judged according to a different experience. It should be taken for what it's worth. If it doesn't move you, just move on to the next experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mak Attack View Post
    I have been reading the boards lately but I don't want to respond to anything because I know there will be negativity. People are complaining about the lineup. Has there ever been a Coachella that people thought wasn't worth their time and money AFTER it occurred?? Last year was my first, so I can't speak to this, but I'm curious. Has GV ever really let you down?

I wasn't initially blown away by this years, but I reminded myself that when last years lineup first came out (my first year) I didn't think "OMG BEST FESTIVAL EVER!!". I had the time of my life!!

I want to know...does this happen every year or is everyone afraid of something new?
    Exactly right. I made the effort not to overreact like that this year, but it seems a lot of others did not.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Quote Originally Posted by Knapptime View Post
    I've learned through my years not to hate "bad" music. Any musical experience you are provided with shouldn't be judged according to a different experience. It should be taken for what it's worth. If it doesn't move you, just move on to the next experience.
    Smartest thing i've read on any board. Different strokes for different folks. There's plenty of acts for everybody, regardless of what genre you're into. Just because there's a bunch of names you've never seen before doesn't mean there's a bunch of bands you're going to hate. Do your research on the bands you've never heard before and you'll be enlightened. I've already found 3 bands on Friday alone that i'm excited to see who i wouldn't have thought about otherwise.

Its gonna be a great one people! Quit bitching! =)