Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Explain Coachella

Default Re: Explain Coachella

bring saline solution for contacts if you wear them. bring saline nasal spray for your sinus. it's very dry. oh and the desert does get cold at night, people always tell you about the extreme heat but pack a sweatshirt if your camping
    ~~~COACHELLA 2007- 2011~~~

Originally Posted by humanoid
    Coachella is much better enjoyed with a sense of absolute freedom...

Quote Originally Posted by flowbee View Post
    I thought dry heat was a good thing. Wet heat in 90-100 degree weather would suck. It's not that bad overall.
    I'm used to a little more humidity, so I have to drink at least a gallon of water a day to combat the dryness at Coachella.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Since many people disregarded the fact that you've been to a music festival before when responding to your post ("there's more than one stage, dude") I'll try and list the ways that Coachella will be different from what you've come to expect at Glastonbury.

Things You'll Like:

1) Less people. Coachella has less than half the attendance that Glasto does. More space, more comfort, easier to get around. Last year I booked ass from another stage and to catch Portishead's set - got there right as they came on and watched their performance from maybe 200 feet from stage. Would've had to camp out there all day to get that spot at Glastonbury.
    2) Been stated before, but no mud, not even any crab grass. Just finely groomed polo-pitch as far as the eye can see.
    3) Better looking women. No offense to UK dames, but they've got nothing on SoCal women. Plus it's hot, so clothing is minimal. Candy for the eyes.
    4) Amazing variety of food - at least by English standards. Again, don't mean to insult your country, but you're not known for your culinary mastery.

Things You Won't Like:

1) The "drinking cages." They suck, no getting around that, but I'm sure it's necessary for insurance purposes. Look on the bright side: it's a good place to meet people, and at least there's no limit on how many you can buy. At All Points West last year every able-bodied drinker had a 5 beer maximum. Now that fuckin blows.
    2) The beer. Hope you like Heineken - that's all they serve. If you're used to swilling pints of cider and dark ale than you probably won't be too excited to pay $7 for 12ounces of "piss lager" as I've heard it described by some your fellow countrymen.
    3) The no-alcohol policy at the camp ground. Everyone still drinks, but beer is problematic to get in, so if that's your favorite drink than you may be out of luck.
    4) About half the people attending aren't camping. While this isn't necesarily a bad thing (people generally smell better) there's less of the down-in-the-dirt "we're all in this together" type comradery you feel at other festivals.

So basically all of your annoyances will be alcohol related - get past that and you'll have a blast. Everything else about the festival is top-notch.
    Last edited by bobert; 02-04-2009 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amneeziac View Post
    1. Americans are stupid, don't expect them to be honest, kind, or helpful in any way, shape, or form. We are all out to get whatever we can out of you and dispose of you as quickly as possible.

2. Replace prodigious amounts of cider with prodigious amounts of drugs. If you can get through the dance tent without four syringes sticking out of your arms, you have no arms.

3. You shouldn't go if you're going for the music. You should go to take lots of pictures of yourself wearing a fashionable outfit and sunglasses, and so you can tell all your friends you went. The two go together quite nicely.

4. The drinking cages are a trap. No really, once you go in, they don't let you back out. Everybody in America is an alcoholic, so they know they'll make a lot of money this way.

5. If you see Silversun Pickups, if the lead singer looks into your eyes, all of the money you own in and out of bank accounts will disappear forever.
    Thank you. You just made my night hahaha

everyone is really friendly. just watch out for the hipsters.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by freshdirect View Post
    everyone is a hipster. just watch out for everyone.
    fixed

Wink Re: Explain Coachella

1. Americans are stupid, don't expect them to be honest, kind, or helpful in any way, shape, or form. We are all out to get whatever we can out of you and dispose of you as quickly as possible.

2. Replace prodigious amounts of cider with prodigious amounts of drugs. If you can get through the dance tent without four syringes sticking out of your arms, you have no arms.

3. You shouldn't go if you're going for the music. You should go to take lots of pictures of yourself wearing a fashionable outfit and sunglasses, and so you can tell all your friends you went. The two go together quite nicely.

4. The drinking cages are a trap. No really, once you go in, they don't let you back out. Everybody in America is an alcoholic, so they know they'll make a lot of money this way
    5. If you see Silversun Pickups, if the lead singer looks into your eyes, all of the money you own in and out of bank accounts will disappear forever.
    I LOVE IT!!!!!
    Mick Jagger

is their anything esle we should know?
    Mick Jagger

whenever people ask me what coachella is, i will only tell them one thing: IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

2010 pleez:
    deadmau5*aeroplane*arcade fire*deerhunter*florence and the machine*school of seven bells*ulrich schnauss*spacemen 3*sonic youth*bassnectar*massive attack*kaskade*m83*empire of the sun*basement jaxx*cut/copy*designer drugs*animal collective*future sound of london*lcd soundsystem*presets*DAFT PUNK

Good answer

Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

coachella is fun

Coachella is one of the best things you will ever experience! It is an interactive music and arts playground that keeps you smiling all day long. The only thing you could ever worry about is a conflict between bands and most people are there for the same reason so you feel connected with thousands.

Coachella is my happy place.

4. The drinking cages are a trap. No really, once you go in, they don't let you back out. Everybody in America is an alcoholic, so they know they'll make a lot of money this way.

you're an idiot

nice fiirst post dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Amneziac's post has me
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Amneziac probably doesn't even remember posting that...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Lurker

Well, Coachella Wonderful festival. In Which all people gather together, and celebrate each other. People are never bored and forget this Festival Moments.