Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deerhunter?

Default Re: Deerhunter?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    they will be added....maybe...
    This would make me happy.
    Saturday, please...
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

deniro is awesome
    2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTaft View Post
    i've always found deerhunter to be dull.
    melodically, there are 100's of bands similar to them that do do it much better.
    rhythmically, the same applies.
    lyrically, same.

i just don't see much special about these guys. they just seem like a watered down indie band. and i love indie rock.
    My good man, you couldn't be more wrong

Deerhunter is probably closer to the new wave of shoegaze bands that are out today than anything that's attached to the "indie-rock" genre. Their live shows will put you on a different planet and burst your ear drums and Bradford Cox's beautiful, melancholy and innocent voice will slowly pierce your skin and work itself into your heart

Microcastle is a fucking masterpiece. It's elements of krautrock, shoegaze, guitar pop and just plain rock n roll. Sure there may be some bands that kind of have the same sound as Deerhunter, but Deerhunter does it with this amount of honesty that I just don't feel with other bands. They're... just amazing. I don't know what to say.
    Yuko Imada

In response to Best foods at Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by migration View Post
    definatly the churros. I like them more than d-land churros. I buy two and eat them at the same time stacked. this year I am going to count how many I purchase.
    Interesting...

If my CD changer hadn't cost me a bundle i would rip it apart to get to my Microcastles CD. I need it!!!!! I need it to be back in my life!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

alright guys, i'm giving them a chance and downloading Microcastle and i'll listen to it from start-finish.
    if it ain't as good as you say it is, i'm gonna burn down this thread with everyone still in it.

I owe a personal thanks to the board members for raving about this CD. I downloaded it, and it's gotten heavy rotation over the last two months. I don't think that you'll be disappointed, as long as you appreciate the type of music described above.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

thestripe

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    they will be added....maybe...
    I doubt it. I was hoping to see them there, especially since I had tickets to their SF show and didn't attend.

Deerhunter, Why?, and Asobi Seksu will all make it to Coachella one day, just not this year. They can't be snubbed forever.

Quote Originally Posted by thestripe View Post
    I doubt it. I was hoping to see them there, especially since I had tickets to their SF show and didn't attend.

Deerhunter, Why?, and Asobi Seksu will all make it to Coachella one day, just not this year. They can't be snubbed forever.
    AS got snubbed 5 years in a row...it ain't right.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

For all you guys that like Deerhunter, they're playing this Wednesday in San Fransisco at Rickshaw Shop as a Secret Myspace Show. Just thought id spread the news.

orly?

Deerhunter please!