Thread: Can I see the concert from the campground?

Lurker

Default Can I see the concert from the campground?

Hi y'all! Noob here Never been to Coachella but trying to attend this year. I don't do well in big concert crowds so I was looking into camping. Can I see the concert from the camp site?

Default Re: Can I see the concert from the campground?

No. To be honest, the camping situation isn't that great at Coachella. You'll probably meet a lot of great people, but here are no in-and-outs.
    Upcoming shows:

Banned

You can neither see nor hear anything from the campground.

Ok, well, we did hear some strange sound check of some band playing some Radiohead song, but you couldn't hear it very well.

You basically hear noise - cuz of the 5 stages & 50,000 people. Then there are drum circles, boom boxes, and tons of campers making noises. Not to forget the slamming of the porto-potty doors and the carts driving around.

You should try it though SassySox! True there are no ins and outs or back and forths between campground and festival and there's definite separation, but there's lots of space inside the festival - you can get out of the crowd if you want to. There are times when everyone seems to be looking for shade and the shade gets crowded, but then people are just sitting or napping on the grass so it's not crazy. It's like a giant picnic. And you can hear the music if you pick the place right - remember there are 5 stages going so people spread out and move around. The campground can definitely be noisy, but you can mingle or keep to yourself as much as you want. The camping area is laid out in grids with aisles and walkways so you do have your own space, but not much. Maybe look at the photos and virtual tours on the main website and get a feel for it? Pretty personal decision only you can make on this one.

Lurker

Thanks everyone for your responses! So no ins or outs? So if I enter the concert area from the campground, I can't go back to the campground unless I'm not reentering the concert zone on that day? & is anyone like me, trying to avoid masses of crowds? I don't want to be the awkward one that just stands on the sidelines watching the performances :/

That's correct, regarding leaving the festival each day.

I don't really love crowds, which is exactly why I didn't go to Coachella for years. I was sure it was going to be too crowded for me. It wasn't bad at all. There are some times when I have to move back further away from the crowd, but there are plenty of places to spread out a blanket and have your own space.

You can nap in the Sahara tent this year too!

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    You can nap in the Sahara tent this year too!
    What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    That's correct, regarding leaving the festival each day.

I don't really love crowds, which is exactly why I didn't go to Coachella for years. I was sure it was going to be too crowded for me. It wasn't bad at all. There are some times when I have to move back further away from the crowd, but there are plenty of places to spread out a blanket and have your own space.
    So if spread out a blanket or such, I can see the stage & performance? Will there be big screens? Am I able to do this at night? 'Cause looking at pics, it looked like it got crazier & wilder at night. I'm scared ima get trampled on I'm pretty small!! LOL!

Drknowph

you can hear the main stage from the campground,thats bout it

just go, you'll most likely have a great time. my boyfriends little sister came when she was 15 and she was around 100 pounds and 4'11". everyone is right, there is definitely enough space to not feel claustrophobic if the crowds get to be too much. night at coachella is wild but its beautiful and the festival really comes alive.

Sorry it was a joke. The Sahara is the large dance tent where DJ acts like Daft Punk, Paul Oakenfold, Hot Chip, and Justice have played in past years. Some people are upset there are not more big Sahara headliner type acts this year; this is one place major additions to the line-up are expected.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    Sorry it was a joke. The Sahara is the large dance tent where DJ acts like Daft Punk, Paul Oakenfold, Hot Chip, and Justice have played in past years. Some people are upset there are not more big Sahara headliner type acts this year; this is one place major additions to the line-up are expected.
    LOL! Sorry for my lack of common sense :/ I love Justice!!! This tent sounds great for me