Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIP Tickets - Craigslist?

Default VIP Tickets - Craigslist?

Does anybody have any experience buying VIP wristbands on craigslist? I saw a few listed last year but didn't wind up contacting the seller because of my luddite attitudes toward buying online. I'd love to see some acts from side stage this year and think it'd be a worthwhile investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by seanzie View Post
    This year will be awesome, like every year.

Default Re: VIP Tickets - Craigslist?

Don't know about buying them on craigslist. What city are you looking under? I do want to get the VIP bracelets this year. I think it'd be worth it for the bathrooms alone.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

You don't get to see any acts from side stage. There is a different wristband for that. Sorry, I don't have any input about craigslist.
    Upcoming shows:

you can buy vip tix with AX gold card

^^ That how I got my VIP last year. Not this year though. Amex is messing with me, and last years I missed a lot of acts I wanted to see because I was chillin in the VIP.
    Upcoming shows:

VIP tickets are bullshit. Have you been in the VIP area? I spent a total of 10 minutes there and tossed the wristband in the trash. It's filled with people that don't want to be there, it seemed more like a parental waiting area.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    ^^ That how I got my VIP last year. Not this year though. Amex is messing with me, and last years I missed a lot of acts I wanted to see because I was chillin in the VIP.
    So amex isn't doing it this year or you just aren't going to do it through them? I was considering getting myself an amex just for this purpose. If you have the card, how do you buy them? I don't see the VIP listed on ticketmaster or anything.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

Beware - VIP doesn't get you sidestage. We got them last year and it only gets you access to the VIP area next to the main beer garden to the left of the main stage. There are some air conditioned toilets so maybe it is worth it after a day of festering crappers! I think you'll need different backstage/AAA passes if you want to see bands sidestage, but someone else might know a bit more about it.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Harrisment View Post
    So amex isn't doing it this year or you just aren't going to do it through them? I was considering getting myself an amex just for this purpose. If you have the card, how do you buy them? I don't see the VIP listed on ticketmaster or anything.
    It's not listed yet - but it will be. It won't show up in the standard Coachella listing. When it's posted, I'll post the link here.

Why would anyone waste their money on anything VIP...?
    Is it just the need to feel important ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harrisment View Post
    If I had the money to spare, I probably would buy again. It's probably not worth the money, but you can sit down and chill and get some proper drinks.

Amex cancelled my flex pay option just after I charged a lot of shit to my card before Christmas. Now they want their money.Anyway, I think it has to be the gold card, and you can call them to get the info.
    Upcoming shows:

i talked to amex today, they told me next thursday...

so for some real facts about vip, and not just whiny people who make shit up...

although, gps always exhibits truthiness, and al&mel is truthy too...and westy makes an important point about the only thing the passes get you access to is the gardens near the main stage and the bar next to the sahara...

the reality of VIP is the full bar, so you people who bitch about heineken, well, in vip there is a full bar, with mostly all top shelf choices, its not cheap, but shit, if you are in there you aren't exactly budgeting yourself anyways...

the other great thing about VIP is the couches, a nice, shady, soft place to sit, and people watch...

I enjoy watching people, especially prima-donnas, and of course, girls like this:

but really, the real reason for VIP is the clean shitters, the huge air conditioned tents with bars in them, and of course, the one thing I have not mentioned yet...the food...

the food is amazing, there are definitely some gems in the festival for food, but my god the thai food place in vip in 08 was fucking amazing...

plus a coffee shop, its not starbucks, but hey, thats not neccesarily a bad thing
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Quote Originally Posted by Trudeau View Post
    Does anybody have any experience buying VIP wristbands on craigslist? I saw a few listed last year but didn't wind up contacting the seller because of my luddite attitudes toward buying online. I'd love to see some acts from side stage this year and think it'd be a worthwhile investment.
    VIP bracelets don't get you on stage

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

The main reason I bought VIP wristbands on craigslist last year (and will try to get tickets through Amex this year) is to be able to tag along with friends who were covering the festival for their jobs (VIP is also pressland). The only major advantage is that it's shady during the hottest part of the afternoon and there are clean bathrooms, some couches, and a real bar. Other than that it is honestly not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post

although, gps always exhibits truthiness, and al&mel is truthy too...and westy makes an important point about the only thing the passes get you access to is the gardens near the main stage and the bar next to the sahara...

the reality of VIP is the full bar, so you people who bitch about heineken, well, in vip there is a full bar, with mostly all top shelf choices, its not cheap, but shit, if you are in there you aren't exactly budgeting yourself anyways...

the other great thing about VIP is the couches, a nice, shady, soft place to sit, and people watch...

I enjoy watching people, especially prima-donnas, and of course, girls like this:

but really, the real reason for VIP is the clean shitters, the huge air conditioned tents with bars in them, and of course, the one thing I have not mentioned yet...the food...

the food is amazing, there are definitely some gems in the festival for food, but my god the thai food place in vip in 08 was fucking amazing...

plus a coffee shop, its not starbucks, but hey, thats not neccesarily a bad thing
    Does she not realize her top is completely open for all to see or does she not care or is that all part of the plan?
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

If I was going to cough up the cash for VIP, I'd definitely want to make sure my ticket was legit by buying through AmEx instead of risking getting screwed by some dishonest craigslister.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    If I was going to cough up the cash for VIP, I'd definitely want to make sure my ticket was legit by buying through AmEx instead of risking getting screwed by some dishonest craigslister.

yeah, i bought too many last year, so i face-value craigslisted them, and after much vetting of randoms who i felt were shady, found one guy to meet me at the fest, and buy them for cash for face value...totally nice guy, really rad...

but he said that he appreciated the fact that I was legit, and had real tickets, to the point that he found me and emailed me again this year...

I am trying to show him how to buy the tix himself, but amex is being difficult...

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Does she not realize her top is completely open for all to see or does she not care or is that all part of the plan?

she was on display...and loved it.

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

ill have vip wristbands for sale. just pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by buymarshon View Post
    what's the price?

Yeah I'm interested, for sure.

Also - Amex again demonstrates it is the coolest credit card.
    Quote Originally Posted by seanzie View Post
    This year will be awesome, like every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    To see what?

she was on display...and loved it.
    Who wants to look at an empty display rack?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Memorial_07

She gives Genesis P-Orridge a run for it's money in terms of looks.

By the way, is there an age requirement for V.I.P.?

Quote Originally Posted by buymarshon View Post
    Ya. How Much?

Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    By the way, is there an age requirement for V.I.P.?
    No age requirement. You just need your heineken wristband in order to buy booze.

Think of the VIP section as a Night Club. If you want to be around "beautiful people" then go for it. I'm still contemplating it primarily for clean toilet usage and another food option. I'd like to eat food from every vendor this year which would require I use bathrooms a lot.

Also, that Wildebeest pictured above should be put out of her misery.
    Coachellas '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (W1&2), '13 (W1&2)

How much more does VIP cost - the toilet thing sounds appealing
    Coachella '06, '07, '09

Previously "MsTekno"

What's the "street" value of the wristbands, so to speak? I wouldn't buy VIP, if I had to, let's put it that way. The clean toilets are really nice, with A/C, even. The food vendors are cool, and if you drink alcohol, the wider variety in there is nice. The sahara VIP was pretty cool last year, we could hang out in there and watch the acts without having to try to get in the tent and wind up just about the same distance.
    Last edited by nahuatldream; 02-04-2009 at 08:49 AM.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

i bought VIP bands for all three nights last year, and it was totally worth it. it's the only place you can drink beverages other than beer. also, its on the left side of the main stage so there is no bleed through of sound form the other stages. i get really irritated hearing sound from multiple stages simultaneously in the main beer gardens. last year, i bought a wristband for Friday from a dude on Craigslist while I was still in LA for $40. on Saturday, there was a guy selling wristbands for $20 each directly outside of the entrance for the VIP area. on Sunday i passed by a guy in the parking lot selling wristbands for $50 each. if you're interested in wristbands, don't sweat it. there will be plenty to go around. this year i'm hoping to opt for the AMEX sale which someone above said starts tomorrow.

I have tickets with V.I.P. for Saturday and Sunday pm for details

Quote Originally Posted by Trudeau View Post

I have bought bracelets on Craig's List in the past with no problems. The one thing I would strongly suggest, is never NEVER NEVER send money. There are plenty of pictures of what the wristbands look like now. so print a photo and go and do the exchange in person. That is the only way. Anyone asking you to send money is scamming you.